Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basis4day

Reaction score
CANHawk":1th0cejr said:
Basis4day":1th0cejr said:
Shadowhawk":1th0cejr said:
Jackson's career ended because of a dislocated hip, similar to what Ravens TE Dennis Pitta just suffered yesterday. Harvin's injury is much less severe, though it could potentially become more serious if not treated correctly. I don't blame Harvin for wanting to be careful.

Jackon's injury was more freakish than that. He actually ripped the joint out of his hip which cut off the blood supply to the bone and caused Avascular necrosis. He had to get his hip replaced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avascular_necrosis

That injury was actually a testament to how freakishly strong Bo Jackson actually was. They said anyone else would have just been tackled, but Bo's other leg was so strong and the defender had such a good grip on his foot, that the weakest point was actually Bo's hip socket.

So gross. I get the willies just thinking about it...

I think we saw the same thing on 30 for 30. For those interested in just how crazy the Bo injury was go to the 1 hour mark:

[youtube]4bFQHTVEJVk[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
CANHawk":1oos038q said:
yerp. 30 for 30 kicks ass.

Bo Jackson can use a bow and arrow with his feet!

I recall a story where Bo went bow fishing with one of the Milwaukee Brewer pitchers (no, not Catfish Hunter, lol). Can't recall the guy's name but he said Bo shot 11 times and shot 11 fish.

I'd also heard that the Olympic archery team wanted Bo on the team but he sorta' had some other stuff going on.

Whether or not he was the greatest athlete of our time is debatable, but he was definitely my favorite...even when wearing that *silver and black.

*The Bo running over the Boz tale was incredibly unfair to the Boz and severely blown out of proportion. In that situation, I don't believe there's a man alive that would have prevented Jackson from scoring on that play. Boz just happened to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. It was either whiff...or get ran over.

But on topic: I am counting the hrs now. There has been rumor that Harvin "might be playing games" (!?). With the doctor /patient privacy stuff, if he is, how will we know? I believe we can win it all without Harvin...but, IMO, winning it all with him is more likely.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Largent80":b0qs1tmj said:
Bo VS. Chuck Norris.....Who ya got?

Hmm. Tough call. That's like Spy vs. Spy or Ginger vs. Maryane.

Only Bo knows.

BTW...love your avatar. Mesmerizing!

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't think it'll be as good a news as we want, i don't think it'll be as bad as we think.. I think he'll be out there come week 1, i think he takes it easy up until that point... Hope for the best though, i know he wants to be out there.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hawker84":2owbdzsn said:
I don't think it'll be as good a news as we want, i don't think it'll be as bad as we think.. I think he'll be out there come week 1, i think he takes it easy up until that point... Hope for the best though, i know he wants to be out there.

If he takes it easy and then is out there week 1 that's pretty much what I want. Get him on the field. reps or not defenses have to account for him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. I don't give a crap if he practices or not, or doesn't want to practice. I want him on the field on game day, dominating like he always does.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Does anyone her follow him on Twitter? Surely he will put something out there today?

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Are you guys expecting news from the 'second opinion'?

Are you guys optimistic about the prognosis?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
NinerBuff":1fdcs8xo said:
Are you guys expecting news from the 'second opinion'?

Are you guys optimistic about the prognosis?

I expect some sort of news either a confirmation that he can play through it or that he does in fact need surgery. Overall I've become more optimistic after hearing the team Dr. said he could play through, Kam had a similar injury, etc.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Originally I was freaking out, as I tend to do, human nature etc.
Now, I think they're gonna' rest him the entire pre-season and do physical therapy etc. and he'll be ready for Week 1 or 2.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I just want some certainty so the problem is solved and the team can move forward.

Of course I'm hopeful for some 'good news'.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sounds like the surgery option is very much on the table right now. Not surprising, but very disappointing

NinerBuff

Reaction score
"options" means he has more options than just surgery...

it now comes down to a pain tolerance, performance degradation, and potential pitfalls for re-aggravation.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
rest him until the season starts, thats over a month of of R&R

Status
Not open for further replies.