Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
1. I didn't come to "stir the pot", but it's clear that many Seahawks fans here aren't aware of some of Percy's issues in the past. Maybe it will be a problem in Seattle, maybe not. I'm only adding my 2 cents after following his entire NFL career to this point very, very closely.

2. I never said Harvin was faking an injury (although I am skeptical if it is really that serious). I am suspicious that he chose this course of action. On day #1 of training camp. Against team doctors recommendations. After a long history in Minnesota of being a practice-skipper for every possible health issue.[/quote]

Percy Harvin's history has been well documented on this site, we are all well aware of it.

Thank you kindly for the education though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I really can't understand the panic given nobody has enough information to come to an informed conclusion. If he misses a few practices big whoop as long as he gets 2-3 in and is able to play in Green Bay all this drama amounts to exactly nothing. Even then unless we are talking surgery it isn't like we don't have the exact same offensive personnel and likely better depth at our weaker spots (except backup TE) then last year without Percy. Plus a franchise quarterback going into his second year (the year NFL players make their largest jump almost always) .

12evanf

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1trmxb1d said:
SNDavidson":1trmxb1d said:
It's been awhile since there's been a mass suicide, anyone down? Looks like Safeway has applesauce on sale.

I'll break out the Kool Aid.

I had this same joke lined up. *cold shivers*

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3ffbmjau said:
Oh well....he's not the first athlete to be as fragile as glass. Can't say that we didn't see this coming...then again, some believe in a miracle change in behavior with a new team.
It would hardly be a "miracle" if a veteran wr went to a new team, a team as strong as Seattle and a team that is dedicated to not only winning but also to getting this wr the ball as often as possible, and suddenly the wr's interest in practice and preparation increases as a result of the new situation. Happens all the time.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
AlaskanViking":2x91yl71 said:
Cartire":2x91yl71 said:
SDHawk":2x91yl71 said:
I would also point to Doug Baldwin's presser from today in which he said he had to learn to take a break in the offseason. He said he tried to push himself too hard to compete and that lead to him physically peaking early in the season and inviting injury.

I might have been skeptical if we were talking migraines. But a torn labrum is something that is difficult to fake and isn't an excuse that one would use to skip out on a few practices.

Well especially when the team itself said it was torn on the mri. So you cant really fake a tear.

Right, my comment was directed at the Vikings fan that came over to stir the pot by suggesting that this was all ploy by Harvin to get out of practices. I don't buy that crap for a second.

I am certain the FO did their homework. They vetted Harvin with Pete, Bevell, Rice, etc etc.

To me, it's clear that this is one of those "freak" injuries and suggestions that this is somehow a consequence of Percy's attitude towards practice is just ridiculous. No one is saying anything negative about Harvin, on the contrary, there have been no shortage of reports that Harvin is a workout warrior and is excited to be with the Hawks.

1. I didn't come to "stir the pot", but it's clear that many Seahawks fans here aren't aware of some of Percy's issues in the past. Maybe it will be a problem in Seattle, maybe not. I'm only adding my 2 cents after following his entire NFL career to this point very, very closely.

2. I never said Harvin was faking an injury (although I am skeptical if it is really that serious). I am suspicious that he chose this course of action. On day #1 of training camp. Against team doctors recommendations. After a long history in Minnesota of being a practice-skipper for every possible health issue.[/quote]

Thanks for the input AKV, of course we don't want to believe it but it did cross my mind as well. It's not like there isn't a track record and part of me even hopes that's the case for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the input though, I didn't read it as if you were trolling like many Niners with comments like "defenders will be targeting his hip and he will end up on IR". A big difference between your post and wishful thinking.

By the way, it's very refreshing to see a Vikings fan who doesn't seem to just hate us for obvious reasons. Welcome to the board. Stick around, hopefully you will be able to enjoy Harvin having a great year along with the rest of us.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
Count me in the concerned, but not panicking group. Obviously it would be great (at least short term) if he doesn't need surgery. It wouldn't even bother me if he didn't see a single snap during preseason. I'm prepared to see Harvin on the regular season PUP list. As long he's on the active squad sometime between Week 7 and 11 then I'll be happy. When we acquired Harvin most people were describing it as "icing on the cake". We'll be in the playoffs with or without him in the regular season. As long as we have him for the end of the regular season and the playoffs I'll be content.

Otherwise, it's season-ending surgery and IR. That's the only scenario that I would be really upset with. But, we won't know much more until Tuesday at the earliest so I'm going to enjoy the weekend and relax. With that said, if they say on Tuesday or thereafter that surgery is the way to go and it will be season-ending, then it'll be chill-pill time. Go Hawks!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I have read on this thread that there is reason to believe that our team medical staff believe he can rehab and play through this injury and that the second opinion is to back up that? Where is this info coming from? It would be something if he could at least back up Tate and Baldwin in limited fashion.

also worth noting that I've yet to see a single post or reply on any thread or article about this from a vikes fan that doesn't believe Harvin suits up game 1. I hope they are correct.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
We had the fastest car on the track before we bought the turbo charger. Would be nice to get it installed and tuned before the races start but if not it doesn't make us any slower

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":3e34fffw said:
SonicHawk":3e34fffw said:
I heard Kaepernick has a torn labia.
Not true. He's also got Testicular Tortion, AKA twisted nuts.
Yeotch!!!!! <curls up in fetal position at the thought>
That has to sting a bit!!!!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2z0o07ze said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2z0o07ze said:
Just listened to Carroll's press conference yesterday...

Am I the only one frankly embarrassed that the local media asked THREE questions on Harvin only, for a grand total of just over a minute's reaction???

Then moved on to how "exciting" it was to see James Carpenter back and asking how Tarvaris Jackson looked on day one.

??????????????????????

Three vague answers on Harvin and we all move on skipping to the next easy subject.

Good grief.

Well, it's not like over there, Rob. Journo's here don't want Joe Kinnear calling them a c**t on live telly.
Would "wee twat" be acceptable?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
now they are waiting till Tuesday to get him in to see a DR, seems like if this was that serious they wouldn't be waiting until Tuesday.

LawHawk

Reaction score
The concerning thing is the number of media outlets reporting that the Seahawks docs say he can play. Harvin's people would never leak that, so there's only one way that can be leaked - by Seahawks folks. They want the public pressure on him to play. They want him feeling like everyone expects him to play. If the Seahawks thought he shouldn't play, and they needed to "protect their investment," every leak would be "Seahawks doctors adamant that Harvin needs surgery and risks worsening injury/delaying recovery by practicing/playing."

And, just for laughs... Relevant to the "Kaepernick has broken lady parts" discussion

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
LawHawk":3i10a9t9 said:
The concerning thing is the number of media outlets reporting that the Seahawks docs say he can play. Harvin's people would never leak that, so there's only one way that can be leaked - by Seahawks folks. They want the public pressure on him to play. They want him feeling like everyone expects him to play. If the Seahawks thought he shouldn't play, and they needed to "protect their investment," every leak would be "Seahawks doctors adamant that Harvin needs surgery and risks worsening injury/delaying recovery by practicing/playing."

Unless...

That's exactly what they WANT you to think... :bitenails:

:D

sutz

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":17b6wjui said:
LawHawk":17b6wjui said:

Unless...

That's exactly what they WANT you to think... :bitenails:

:D
Have you been engaging in battles of wit with Sicilians again? :)

oasis

Reaction score
Dunno if this was posted before on this thread, but Peter King says Kam Chancellor played through a similar injury. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5197/percy-harvin
I don't know about you guys but that doesn't sound promising to me. Kam seemed pretty hampered.

Although on the other side, playing SS can be more taxing than a receiver who can go in and out of rotation.

Cartire

Reaction score
oasis":iph61qa5 said:
Dunno if this was posted before on this thread, but Peter King says Kam Chancellor played through a similar injury. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5197/percy-harvin
I don't know about you guys but that doesn't sound promising to me. Kam seemed pretty hampered.

Although on the other side, playing SS can be more taxing than a receiver who can go in and out of rotation.

kamhit.gif

Kam seemed fine to me...

Largent80

Reaction score
What I do not understand is why it will take almost a full week to get this second opinion.

Evidently money can NOT speed up procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.