Let's Talk Mariners

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Zunino is out 6+ week with broken bone in his hand/wrist, needs surgery. I say shut him down for the year unless an act of God puts us in the race by Labor Day.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
They were not going to make the playoffs and we got a taste of his ability at least. He looks promising for '14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

m0ng0

Reaction score
anyone with realistic expectations did not think they would make the playoffs, Zunino called a good game behind the plate also, that is an aspect of catching most people forget. Hopefully the replacements can keep the pitching staff on point

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Are we on the cuff of another heart-breaking losing streak right when they were building up momentum? Please tell me no.

Subzero717

Reaction score
falcongoggles":zgwtyygz said:
Are we on the cuff of another heart-breaking losing streak right when they were building up momentum? Please tell me no.

Sorry. Same old sorry M's.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Morse called up, Bay is DFA.

I expected a little more from Jason Bay, but those expectations were a little lofty.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":xfebo2of said:
falcongoggles":xfebo2of said:

Sorry. Same old sorry M's.

Radish?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
At least they got the split witn the Twinkies. Need to play .500 on this east coaster to have a chance at finishing the season at the same mark. A shame about Zunino but damn is Franklin looking like the real deal or what? I am am starting to feel a little bit of optimism on the future of this franchise. A little bit is all I'll allow myself at this point, but still....

Hawker

Reaction score
Franklin is legit. Sorry Ackley - but there's a very good reason he is now a (gulp) center fielder. I had high hopes for Ackley coming out of college. Those hopes have since perished but oh so happy to have a legit MLB-caliber 2nd baseman on the club now (although Seager was just fine... had we found a decent 3B).

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
No trades announced before deadline. If there are any waiting for league approval, should hear within the hour.

Hoping we can dump Morse, and if we can get anything for Ackley, Saunders, Perez, I'd be ok with that too.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Whelp....steady as she goes. No trades. This is unfamiliar territory for the M's.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":1g2adiji said:
Whelp....steady as she goes.

Very good...

CrimsonWazzu":1g2adiji said:
This is unfamiliar territory for the M's.

No! The proper phrase is "uncharted waters for the Mariners". Can't have one great nautical statement for a team called the Mariners and then follow it up with a non-nautical one! :141847_bnono:

;)

On topic: I am very happy they STAYED THE COURSE and decided to BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES against any criticism about keeping this team intact. I like watching this team for the first time in a long time, even if the record is middling.

Chapow

Reaction score
Oh.

My.

God.

Felix deserves better than this.

Latest posts