Clowney runs a 4.4?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Wow, just saw a tweet from ESPN, saying the Clowney just ran a 4.4 :shock: . The guy is like 280 and runs that fast, damn.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
SeatownJay":33024y3y said:
He said at media day he's around 270 and he ran a 4.46.

Usually means he'll run about a 4.6 at the combine.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
He might have the most DOMINANT PLAY I've ever seen in college football. Not the best play per say, but DOMINANT. Meaning he looked like a man amongst boys. Speaking of which, if you google his highschool highlights you will also see a man amongst boys.

Setting: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan

He knifes threw 2 defenders and hits the RB full speed so hard his helmet comes off his head, then like a bear he grabs the ball with his left hand and takes it from him like a champ. This was in a blood bath game I assume nobody watched on the west coast. It was the single most DOMINANT play in NCAA football last season.

[youtube]ENuZHnQlqX0[/youtube]

ivotuk

Reaction score
I call B.S. He said he did it while weighing 250 which prevents him from replicating it now. At the same time that this info comes out, he starts talking Heisman. It's all a marketing ploy imaho.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
He should be Heisman. He is the best player in college football. He would have been drafted #1 last year and this year too. Just because the system is flawed and they don't give it to defensive players, or players that aren't on teams in the top 5 BCS standings.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2ow5e6hb said:
He might have the most DOMINANT PLAY I've ever seen in college football. Not the best play per say, but DOMINANT. Meaning he looked like a man amongst boys. Speaking of which, if you google his highschool highlights you will also see a man amongst boys.

Setting: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan

He knifes threw 2 defenders and hits the RB full speed so hard his helmet comes off his head, then like a bear he grabs the ball with his left hand and takes it from him like a champ. This was in a blood bath game I assume nobody watched on the west coast. It was the single most DOMINANT play in NCAA football last season.

[youtube]ENuZHnQlqX0[/youtube]

Impressive as hell play, but I'd also blame part of that on failed communication on that O-line. Neither of the two guys Clowney split looked like they even intended to try and block him.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He probably runs a 4.6 at the combine.

But he's as much of a lock for the top two picks as Andrew Luck was.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
It was a great play and showed his explosion, but they missed a reach block there. Partly on Clowney's skill and partly on the o line. I think the fumble recovery is the most impressive part.

I think its heresy that defensive players rarely get the Heisman. Smacks of the uneducated media.

sturg78

Reaction score
Some tool ACC ref went on record saying that it was crazy illegal and that any ACC ref would have thrown him out instantly. I hope the mindset that violent=illegal does not permeate out to the rest of football. Kam, Clowney, and Suh will need to pool money to pay for their fines.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Seems like refs are being taught to officiate based on the impact rather than the hit, which is naive, stupid and lazy.

Which is probably why they are doing it.

OP
OP
C

CPHawk

Reaction score
seahawk2k":p14nqkqx said:
It was a great play and showed his explosion, but they missed a reach block there. Partly on Clowney's skill and partly on the o line. I think the fumble recovery is the most impressive part.

I think its heresy that defensive players rarely get the Heisman. Smacks of the uneducated media.

Seemed to? The olineman didn't even give a watch out to the RB there. Any DE could have made the same play in that instance, it was basically a free play for Clowney.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Who said "seemed to?"
Hard to reach block someone that explosive.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They just did a segment on him on ESPN... man this dude is a FREAK! Would love to see him on the Hawks, but he will probably end up on Raiders or Jets :(

rjdriver

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3jk1snht said:
He probably runs a 4.6 at the combine.

But he's as much of a lock for the top two picks as Andrew Luck was.

He'll probably be watching the combine from home.