Not Your Regular Fundraiser: 12>49 T-shirts ****UPDATE****

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NYCoug":1fhm0v5y said:
No way! Walt, glad you made it here. It's Dave from Carlow East. I had a feeling that was you. How you been man?

I was in Philly for the Hawks 42-0 beatdown of the Eagles on Monday Night during the '05 season. I still remember the moment right after Bobby Engram caught the first TD of the game on the opening drive from Hass. Me and my friends (not even Hawks fans but a friend made white t's into road seahawk jerseys, they were pretty sick) got up for pounds and daps all around and the entire section started just verbally destroying us. It was equal parts amazing and scumbaggery. It didn't matter anyway, since the entire stadium was empty after the Reggie White Ring of Honor induction at the half. The highlight was an Eagles fan helping his sad, drunk friend down the stairs and as they're walking out the drunk stops and points to the skies and says "I'm sorry you had to see that Reggie." It was beautiful to think that the Hawks could finally cause this kind of pain unto others and not just me and my fellow 12's.

On the way out though, the few remaining Eagles fans were definitely ready for a fight. I've still never been to Oakland or San Fran, so until I do, Philly's got to top my list of worst treatment of road fans.

Philly had a fricking holding cell and magistrate on hand to process unruly fans at the Vet. I was there in 98 for the opener and the Hawks just killed the Eagles that day. I went with a Philly fan who convinced me not to wear any Hawks gear and he was dead on. It didn't take long for the fights to break out, more than the law could handle. I don't know what the new one is like, but that place was dangerous during a loss.

NYCoug

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1g1p4v2y said:
Hey NYCoug, my friend Dana Patera went to that game out there. She said a lot of her friends purposely didn't wear Hawks stuff etc. And when the Hawks were WAY up on the scoreboard, the place was emptying out with the quickness. A bunch of Hawks fans moved down to the sidelines, and the usher says to her "Watch out down there, there are a bunch of Hawks fans" So funny. I heard the Stadium is pretty incredible. That, and they have a jail inside the stadium. Perfect.
I watched it at Sport, across from the Space Needle, incredible night. Best part of the game was Lofa getting the Pick 6 and doing the Boxing under the goal post, epic.

Is your friend Dana related to Jack? That would be pretty friggin awesome! But yeah, she's spot on, that's exactly how it went down. All of the traveling Hawks fans (even the dude in the ref shirt) were down by the bench and were going nuts. I've never seen such an empty stadium before with a game still going on. The blizzard made everything even more surreal. That's not even the craziest part of the night for me. After the game, me and my friends were sitting with Marquis Weeks' mom and his brother and cousin. We actually missed our stop because I was so deep in convo with them and couldn't bring myself to just up and leave a convo with a Hawks players family. His brother even told us one of the dudes that was also on the train with us had a knife, and to be careful. That's the kind of crowd we're talking about in Philly. After that, me and my friends waited in the snow for cabs with Seahawks Director of Marketing (at the time) Bill Chapin. He was a pretty cool dude and even let us get the first cab that arrived. You're right, it was an epic night!

loafoftatupu":1g1p4v2y said:
Philly had a fricking holding cell and magistrate on hand to process unruly fans at the Vet. I was there in 98 for the opener and the Hawks just killed the Eagles that day. I went with a Philly fan who convinced me not to wear any Hawks gear and he was dead on. It didn't take long for the fights to break out, more than the law could handle. I don't know what the new one is like, but that place was dangerous during a loss.

See, I missed the Vet. I had heard it was even worse than Lincoln Financial, if that's possible! But I believe it. Some of the horror stories I've heard about the Vet make even the roughest of English futbol hooligans blush. Having to have a holding cell just explains it all.

dbmack

Reaction score
I should buy one because it is a good cause. And to irritate my grandkids.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hope this goes better than the Moffit Merch stuff I bought. Ordered in April, charged but never delivered. Still fighting those DBs to send my son's stuff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey bro, I bought one, and my mom swooped up 3. Hopefully you can get more business. Looking forward to seeing the shirt.

nategreat

Reaction score
Great cause, good idea.

But it's kind of weird to sell a shirt dogging on San Francisco when San Francisco was the team Bryan Stowe was rooting for. And I'm sure his San Fran roots translate to the NFL as well. But profits are profits, and the cause is great, nonetheless.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":y3773xu0 said:
From April???? Geez

Yes, from April. I wound up calling the developers of their website just to get a response. Of course, as I expected, no follow through. They got my $57 and I never got the merchandise ordered.

Did get an email about the t-shirt though. Glad they met their goal, glad to help.

Edit: After posting this, I thought i'd try one last time. Finally got their merch person to email me back. "several orders were lost and yours was one of them, i'm so sorry"...

Didn't hear any of that until I threatened to contact the BBB. Now they can do a refund?