Kaepernick & Lockette

sc85sis

Reaction score
I find it kind of amusing that you're trying to explain the concept of camp fodder to fans of the team that had nearly 300 transactions in the first year of the current staff.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":2sc2lqhr said:
I find it kind of amusing that you're trying to explain the concept of camp fodder to fans of the team that had nearly 300 transactions in the first year of the current staff.

Ding ding! Winner. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
sc85sis":36my3p72 said:

I find it amusing too....but I still read stuff like "Charlie Martin is an upgrade for them" over here all the time.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":25gzozyg said:
Scottemojo":25gzozyg said:
Hook. Line. Sinker.

Never fails. They even know they are falling in and they just can't help it.

Yup....it never fails.

When you state something completely false I will correct you. :D

So then why did you spend 5 paragraphs avoiding his question?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":uir9gscn said:
Marvin49":uir9gscn said:
Scottemojo":uir9gscn said:
Hook. Line. Sinker.

Never fails. They even know they are falling in and they just can't help it.

Yup....it never fails.

When you state something completely false I will correct you. :D

So then why did you spend 5 paragraphs avoiding his question?

I didn't avoid anything. I answered the question. His issue was pre-supposeing the media reports were put in place by the team. That's incorrect. The media reports were exactly that...reports from a media hungry to report ANYTHING.

I don't think peeps understand the scrutity Kaep is under right now in the Bay Area. They are watching his every move in order to make something out of it. Look no further than the stupid hat controversy. We have the Giants imploding, the A's playing great, we had the Warriors play better then they have in decades....yet the #1 story in the Bay Area is Colin Kaepernick. In the offseason.

I think Kaep has also become leary of the media after that article came out about his tatoos and then that was followed by the media plastering his birth mother all over TV...the one he has no interest in meeting.

Thats just the way the media works and is a commentary on the media dominance of the 49ers and the NFL in general in this area.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ Well maybe if he didn't do stupid things to put himself in the media then he wouldn't be in the focus so much...... He is not getting any more scrutiny that others in that position he is just doing stupid things. Pouncey brothers wore dumb hats and they get the same media attention if not more........

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
mikeak":1ogid2ro said:
^ Well maybe if he didn't do stupid things to put himself in the media then he wouldn't be in the focus so much...... He is not getting any more scrutiny that others in that position he is just doing stupid things. Pouncey brothers wore dumb hats and they get the same media attention if not more........

Granted it IS the offseason, I seriously doubt the media frenzy would be on the same level if those "stories" came out in October/November.

mikeak

Reaction score
While true - remember the Romo vacation trip during the playoffs / before the playoffs? - Got some attention

Kaepernick doing body shots during the season would get a lot of attention..... it all depends on what they do and when. LBJ got slammed for wearing a hat of the yankees (different freaking sport) so it isn't like the precedent wasn't set before Kaepernick was faced with two choices

1) Pick a Dolphins hat to match the underwear
2) Pull up your pants......

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Yo Niner fans. Does Ricardo Lockette still refer to himself as "Channel 82" or whatever it is his # is? I remember being really hopeful on Lockette's potential after he first flashed in the preseason. Then I saw his YouTube videos where he looked like the biggest clown delusional hot shot ever. I never looked at him the same after seeing those videos. Don't take this as a direct shot. But I totally see why he and Kaep are best buds. VERY similar personalities.

PS - I say this as the not so proud owner of a preseason game used Lockette Seahawks jersey. Bought it for a cool $80 at a close out sale of the old Hawks gear when they changed jerseys. It was at the time when Lockette was still considered a potential break out player for the Hawks. Name players game used jerseys were in the hundreds to thousands of dollars. I thought I was being real slick in getting Lockette before he was a big star. Sad to say, I don't exactly cherish the jersey as much as I originally hoped. D'oh.

EDIT: Found the videos. They are just as bad as I remembered. Keep in mind this is during last offseason. After Lockette finished the prior year playing a couple late season games and had 1 big long td. That was it. And prior to last year's preseason and him getting cut by the Hawks.

Highlights from the first include Lockette referring to himself as "Pay-per-view", saying "We made it" multiple times, telling some girl named Keisha that she "did him wrong", and then closing by serenading Keisha with a "We made it! We made it!" song. Oh, and in total Kaep fasion, wearing sunglasses indoors the entire time. lol.

[youtube]Qc_a2K_He8Y[/youtube]

This much longer video, an interview done by Mike Rob, takes a few minutes to watch. But it is full of awesome. It includes highlights such as Robinson bagging on Lockette for only suiting up in 2 games after RL talks about teaching young guys how to get it done, RL answering his cell phone and telling his mom he's "on tv", and the should be world famous quote of "Once you're a lion, you're always a lion. I feel like I'm the king of any jungle that I'm in." And best of all, you can straight up see Michael Robinson roll his eyes at just about everything RL says. He straight up says, "Boy, you stupid," and "Why you talking bout commercials? Not everything is about superstardom." He even corrected Lockette when he referred to himself as "The Rocket", by saying "The Rocket was about 20 years ago. The vet was ready to school the rook. Oh, and the interview ends with Lockette answering a question about how long he's going to play by saying,"I dunno. 8 years? Depends how long it takes me to set the records I plan on setting." Oh my. These videos are so much funnier now that he's a friggin' 49er and not a Hawk. LMAO.

[youtube]BGXXzm_za6s[/youtube]

Sorry Niner fans if you think I'm overly hating. But this guy was a Seahawk when I watched these videos initially! I felt SO embarrassed. And as us fans are prone to do, I had to try to ignore the ridiculousness. It's only right that I now pass on the shame to you guys. :p Hope you cringed as much as I did originally. ;)

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm 100% with you EJ. I was super high on Lockette due to his potential, but his whole shtick made me grow sick of him, made me not want to root for him, and when he didn't really show a lot of progress in becoming an NFL WR, I was more than happy to see him walk.

hawker84

Reaction score
Kap works out more than everyone in that locker room. Which is saying something.

He might want to take a few minutes on those chicken legs from time to time. Just saying....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":17t99btm said:
Kap works out more than everyone in that locker room. Which is saying something. That alone is leadership.

Lol, this might matter if being an NFL quarterback wasn't 80% mental. The dude likes to work out; and it makes sense, considering all the ego-praise he has gotten over the years for being a great athlete and beautiful physical specimen. I'll take Wilson being in the film room all day every day over being in the weight room every day, and twice on Sunday.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
so I know you guys have a fascination with Kaep and his turtle, so I thought your resident photoshoppers could have a field day with this photo...

Funny-Dubai-2-550x550.jpg

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Largent80":1pesfldq said:
Lockette may not make the team. Oh wait, they have who at WR?
They'll save a spot for Crabtree.
They'll keep A.J. Jenkins due to his draft status.
They'll keep Quinton Patton due to his draft status.
They'll keep Manningham and wait for him to be healthy.
They'll keep Kyle Williams.
Boldin.

That's 6 right there, 4 of which are clearly better than Lockette (Crabs, Boldin, Manningham, Williams), and two that are recent draft picks.

Lockette seems to be as dumb as a box of rocks, regardless of his physical gifts. He definitely has an uphill battle if he wants to make and STAY on the roster. While Manningham and Williams are out, he better show something, or he'll be released.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1vs00a8s said:
SoHo9erFan":1vs00a8s said:
Kap works out more than everyone in that locker room. Which is saying something. That alone is leadership.

Lol, this might matter if being an NFL quarterback wasn't 80% mental. The dude likes to work out; and it makes sense, considering all the ego-praise he has gotten over the years for being a great athlete and beautiful physical specimen. I'll take Wilson being in the film room all day every day over being in the weight room every day, and twice on Sunday.

How did nobody else pick up on this!? Roland has a crush on Kraperdink. Sorry man, but you put that out there. At least this isn't the shack :th2thumbs:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3job20cy said:
SoHo9erFan":3job20cy said:

What if Kaepernick is also in the film room as much or more than anyone else on the team as well? That is, what if you didn't have to choose between a work out warrior and a film warrior because the player is both?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":973xk6fz said:
How did nobody else pick up on this!? Roland has a crush on Kraperdink. Sorry man, but you put that out there. At least this isn't the shack :th2thumbs:
Tongue in cheek, bro. :)

5_Golden_Rings":973xk6fz said:
What if Kaepernick is also in the film room as much or more than anyone else on the team as well? That is, what if you didn't have to choose between a work out warrior and a film warrior because the player is both?
Ok, please show me some articles with 49ers players quotes referencing ridiculous work ethic habits. You know, stuff like these about Wilson, except for Kaepernick:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 8dd24c3e23
http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/9/2/32 ... work-ethic
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ell-wilson

Wilson was texting Percy Harvin before the trade was even finalized, making plans to practice in SoCal, and stuff. Just read those articles, then find some ones like that about Kaepernick, please. If he really does have an equal work ethic to Russell Wilson, I want to know about it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":343ftugg said:
Scotte pointed out/suggested awhile ago that all this "Kap's a hard-worker..." noise feels like a political spin. And, I'm convinced he's right.

The Seahawks dont really talk about Wilson's work and dedication, reporters do. That's not the case in SF...the team and teammates are consistently interjecting Kap's "commitment and leadership" whenever possible. It's a talking point on par with MSNBC or Fox News.

Good thing for Kap is I still remember Don Majkowski...lovingly actually. The same goes for McMahon, Bosworth, Kordell, Stan Humphries, etc. I'll always remember him.

Excellent. Both your post and the Magic man, Don Majkowski.

Not a name thrown around much. Too bad. The guy was an absolute terror and I'll be stoked if RW ultimately becomes his equal.