Let's Talk Mariners

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm watching these guys. They've got me interested again. Hell, I'm posting on a football forum.

m0ng0

Reaction score
with Felix on the hill that should be lights out, Franklin with a grand salami !

jkitsune

Reaction score
The Angels and Astros are still the Angels and Astros. If the Mariners can take a couple series from good teams, I'll be happier. All of that said, it's really nice to see the young guys succeeding, and gives me a fair amount of hope for the future. If Saunders and Ackley can figure something out, that's not an awful roster.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Win the next couple of series, and they could be around .500 and only a few game out of the wc.

amill87

Reaction score
jkitsune":dmbat16t said:
The Angels and Astros are still the Angels and Astros. If the Mariners can take a couple series from good teams, I'll be happier. All of that said, it's really nice to see the young guys succeeding, and gives me a fair amount of hope for the future. If Saunders and Ackley can figure something out, that's not an awful roster.

How about the Rangers and Reds? Outside of one game vs the red sox, they also played that series very well.

I'm not too concerned about Ackley or Saunders. The bigger question is can this offense survive when the day comes when they lose Morales and Ibanez.

Another immediate issue is while all this sudden offense is great. Our pitching is extremely inconsistent. The ball pen is even worse. While they have shown flashes, they often are letting games slip away

m0ng0

Reaction score
Ibanez will re sign if its offered (hunch), Morales on the other hand is an unknown, all the team can do is make him an qualifying offer and let the chips fall where they may or trade him. Since Morales agent is a douche I assume we lose him and if so we probably get a compensatory pick? I hate losing one of our only good right handed sticks......

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Yeah we'll see how they do in this Cleveland series. If they can take 2 of 3 against a good team I'll start to get excited.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
As stated, they already took two out of three against two good teams this month, Rangers and Reds, both of those on the road.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Vpk0718":15j33ku9 said:
As stated, they already took two out of three against two good teams this month, Rangers and Reds, both of those on the road.
Yeah but they weren't closing back in on .500. Being the Mariners, as soon as they get close to or at .500, they tend to go on a 7 game losing streak. So forgive some of us for our caution here. Sincerely hope your logic holds my friend.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I just want to see the young guys continue to produce - Smoak, Franklin, Miller - and Saunders, Zunino, and Ackley show improvement. With that bullpen and back-end of the rotation I'm not expecting anything too different win/loss wise.

A splash of Walker, Ramirez, and maybe Paxton in September could give us an idea of what an improved rotation would look like next year.

jkitsune

Reaction score
amill87":3pbbo486 said:
jkitsune":3pbbo486 said:

How about the Rangers and Reds? Outside of one game vs the red sox, they also played that series very well.

I'm not too concerned about Ackley or Saunders. The bigger question is can this offense survive when the day comes when they lose Morales and Ibanez.

Another immediate issue is while all this sudden offense is great. Our pitching is extremely inconsistent. The ball pen is even worse. While they have shown flashes, they often are letting games slip away

I'm aware that they've won some series against good teams, but if regression to the mean is going to occur, it's going to occur, and 4-run 9th innings won't produce wins against other teams... as you said. So, yeah, we'll see. If Saunders can get back on track and Ackley can start to pick it up, the Mariners are suddenly young and effective (starting pitching pending).

Lithium

Reaction score
That was a close one, 7 straight. Man I can only imagine how other teams fans feel that are right there in the hunt for the playoffs, I'm sitting here getting all excited to just approach .500 lol

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":27c7i99j said:
That was a close one, 7 straight. Man I can only imagine how other teams fans feel that are right there in the hunt for the playoffs, I'm sitting here getting all excited to just approach .500 lol

Your boy Tate threw out the first pitch. That was pretty cool

Lithium

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":21gb9dvq said:
GoldenIsThyTate":21gb9dvq said:
Your boy Tate threw out the first pitch. That was pretty cool

Yup, It's so awesome how I've loved Tate since he was in college and now he plays for and roots for my favorite teams.

Latest posts