Straight up beauty!!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
People love to use the word 'hyperbole' on this forum. Nothing hyperbolic about anything I said at all.

I love the Seahawks and the NFL as much as the next man, but the fact is football is football. It's one of the greatest miscarriages in world justice that Americans have decided to rob such a glorious sport of it's name and replace it with the decidedly wanky "soccer" (now THAT is hyperbole).

And it's not about being fit and strong per se for me. You've got to be ready to dish it out, big time. They might not be hitting each other from all angles in full pads, but you get beaten up playing football. It's intense. It's aggressive. And it's a million miles away from the perception of some continental with lovely hair performing a perfect 9.5 dive at the slightest contact. I've never played any other sport where someone has threatened to remove my spine.... and I actually think he meant it.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
My use of 'hyperbole' was 100% accurate (depending on your opinion of your statement), but other than that, you get no argument from me.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
We'll agree to disagree then on the use or definition of 'hyperbole'. It seems to me if you don't agree with someone on this forum you just roll out that particular word.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The old stadium. It's the best one I could find on photobucket with the view of the open end.

SEA045 UW

The estimated capacity remains 70,000. That's less than the official capacity of 72,500 in the old Husky Stadium, but Woodward said that total included obstructed view seats that the school didn't often sell.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2euhfg87 said:
Sweet JV Stadium.

Signed the SEC
MYTHICAL national championships because there's been no playoffs while your conference teams almost never leave their geographical area and are afforded the opportunity to play for said "championship" with one loss when no other conference's teams get to do so. Looking forward to strength of schedule mattering and an actual prove it on the field playoff.

Signed, the rest of the country

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":258joblz said:
Sweet JV Stadium.

Signed the SEC

Well, if you're not going to spend your money on hygiene, welfare, or anything useful, I guess it might as well go to a football stadium.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
I love it when you kids whine. Bottom line is your stadium is in the lower 3rd by SEC standards. The political bitching may ensue with wannabe hawksfansinceday1 and Sarlacc83 all they want. Talk about the culture and injustices of 7 straight national championships all you want. The bottom line is football is better in the south east, cost of living is cheaper, and the weather is better. Enjoy your JV football back there in the Pac-12.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Weather's better if you love 90+ degrees with 90% humidity. Ever been to SoCal dude? That's where the best weather in the USA is (outside of Hawaii), hands down.

Your vaunted SEC will win a couple over the first 7 years of the playoff system but so will another conference. Hope you're here to talk about it 8 years from now. I will be.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":cmxqigly said:
Weather's better if you love 90+ degrees with 90% humidity. Ever been to SoCal dude? That's where the best weather in the USA is (outside of Hawaii), hands down.

Your vaunted SEC will win a couple over the first 7 years of the playoff system but so will another conference. Hope you're here to talk about it 8 years from now. I will be.

Thats 3 months Maybe of the year. Late June to mid September. I love wearing flip flops and shorts in Novemeber and December. I can't wait to see you bitch when 2 SEC teams make the final 4.

Edit: I've been to San Diego (year around) and Bakersfield in the summer and Bakersfield sucks, San Diego and Hawaii is the best weather in the United States year around. Too bad no Pac-12 teams play in San Diego or Hawaii. Try again.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
LA is the same weather as SD and 2 teams play there. You can wear flips and Ts in Nov. & Dec. there as well. Plus there is no time of the year with 90 and 90 like there is in the South. Try again.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Dude its 85 degrees here and feels like 93 with the heat index. Its not so bad if you're used to it. Plus it feels 70/60+ almost year around. Until you've been to New Orleans this time of year you have no clue. When I go out Friday, and its 80 degrees at 10, 11, 2 am I will be happy.

Edit: I have to say its comical talking weather with a guy who has a cartoon about Portland and the Pacific Northwest weather as his signature. It's the Pacific Northwest dude. I lived there for 30 years. All around. I know what its like. You will never convince me of anything different than what I lived threw over there. Some people back in the Pacific Northwest are so defensive. You signed up for that life, enjoy the 8 months of the year it rains, own it. I've been there and done that. I know exactly how it is.

CPHawk

Reaction score
What I love is that the SEC schools all live off the glory of a few others.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I love how SEC fans troll non SEC topics just to gloat about their superiority. As an avid football watcher, I will say that the SEC is the best conference and has deserved every national championship they've won. It remains silly to me how arrogant about their football superiority when it often comes at the loss of the academic integrity of the school. But, academics doesn't really matter down there does it? I love watching the SEC, but fans of the SEC? Not so much.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2nckjos8 said:
I love how SEC fans troll non SEC topics just to gloat about their superiority. As an avid football watcher, I will say that the SEC is the best conference and has deserved every national championship they've won. It remains silly to me how arrogant about their football superiority when it often comes at the loss of the academic integrity of the school. But, academics doesn't really matter down there does it? I love watching the SEC, but fans of the SEC? Not so much.

Hey, if it makes you feel better at night that your kids are actually "student athletes", and yes I put that in quotes for a reason. More power too you. I'm 36, been around the NFL and NCAA for a long time.

BREAKING NEWS: 80%+ I would say are idiots. Dumb as shit, been passed along. Worst role models ever. Don't actually attend class or take their own tests/turn in their own papers.

MY ADVICE: watch for entertainment.

Quit watching these guys as people that you care about and think are educated. As people that you care what they say. They are morons. More often then not you are listening to someone who is educated as much as a homeless person and if you listen to someone who is dumber than you....

In fact, your opinion of the SEC education makes me laugh at how disconnected you are from just about every major conference in college football. Unless you are Ivy League, Independent, or Military College level; I have no faith in your "SUPERIORITY" in academics.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":27k74mwj said:
Dude its 85 degrees here and feels like 93 with the heat index. Its not so bad if you're used to it. Plus it feels 70/60+ almost year around. Until you've been to New Orleans this time of year you have no clue. When I go out Friday, and its 80 degrees at 10, 11, 2 am I will be happy.

Edit: I have to say its comical talking weather with a guy who has a cartoon about Portland and the Pacific Northwest weather as his signature. It's the Pacific Northwest dude. I lived there for 30 years. All around. I know what its like. You will never convince me of anything different than what I lived threw over there. Some people back in the Pacific Northwest are so defensive. You signed up for that life, enjoy the 8 months of the year it rains, own it. I've been there and done that. I know exactly how it is.
I lived in the San Diego area for 13 years. There is no weather in the continental USA as good as SD county, LA county and Orange county.
And I hate the weather up here except July 5th through the 3rd week in October.

drrew

Reaction score
kearly":2ccz7br6 said:
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the old stadium have one end open enough to see the lake? It looks like this new stadium is totally closed off. That sucks.

From where this picture is taken, the water is directly to the left of the photographer. Anyone in the second decks will still gave the greatest view in all of the college football. Now, when I turn my attention away from the water and back to the field, the view of what's happening there still is up in the air.

DonovanJM

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":u493sbsw said:
The bottom line is football is better in the south east, cost of living is cheaper, and the weather is better.

I lived in Orlando for a year and there is no way in hell you could get me to move back down that way! That humidity it disgusting. I would rather move back up to the NE with the evil winters up there. Now if I could just get my wife to let me move back to the SW I would be in heaven. I loved the weather down AZ.

Latest posts