Your Favorite Announcer

The Radish

Reaction score
Always like Dick Buck because you can understand what he says all the time and was very knowledgable.

I know many of you don't like his son but I like him a lot too for the same reason. You can understand what he says.

If you're a boxing fan as I am you have to like Michael Buffer. Sad that with the demise of the sport he has to stoop to doing progressive commercials.

:les:

pehawk

Reaction score
I like(d) both Bucks. I didn't like Joe's commentary and faux outrage over Moss's mooning of Packers fans. That was one moment he blew, entirely.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Calabro is the best radio basketball announcer I've ever heard. The cadence that he speaks with perfectly fits the tempo of basketball. His language is creative and you can always tell what type of game it is by the diction in his voice. He was the perfect announcer for run n gun games, some announcers can't keep up and just parse the action, Calabro painted pictures of the relentless pace the Sonics used to play with, it was beautiful.

I love Gus Johnson doing basketball, not football.

Keith Jackson remains the best football announcer I've ever heard.

Baseball, Vin Scully or Niehaus. I always liked Gary Thorn for hockey.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Al Michaels has always been good. "Do you believe in miracles? Yes!!" (1980 US v. USSR Olympic hockey in case you don't know)

I usually like him calling football too (but not Collinsworth.....too many times he says "remarkable" for one thing).

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
A lot of people haven't heard Vin call a game, but I am blessed to hear his magnificence almost daily. By far, the best ever in baseball and overall mastery at his craft.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
When I first moved to the Seattle area, the first announcers were Dave Niehaus, Pete Gross, and Bob Blackburn. Blackburn announced the first world championship in Seattle with the Supersonics. So he gets the edge for me. Even though our teams haven't been top consistently, the announcers in the Seattle have been the best, IMO. Calabro, Raible, Rizz, Arlo White, Ross Fletcher are all solid.

The Radish

Reaction score
GET OUT THE MUSTARD AND RYE BREAD GRANDMA, ITS GRAND SALAMI TIME!

Yep,,you're right some of the best.

:th2thumbs:

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1zoc8sk9 said:
When I first moved to the Seattle area, the first announcers were Dave Niehaus, Pete Gross, and Bob Blackburn. Blackburn announced the first world championship in Seattle with the Supersonics. So he gets the edge for me. Even though our teams haven't been top consistently, the announcers in the Seattle have been the best, IMO. Calabro, Raible, Rizz, Arlo White, Ross Fletcher are all solid.

Thats funny, the first thing my dad answered with when I asked him, he said it was pretty much a tie between Neihaus & Blackburn.

Seattle has been pretty damn fortunate when it comes to Sports Broadcasters, everyone has a very unique and iconic style and voice with them.

Dave Neihaus turned baseball into so much more than just a regular game, by just talking, RIP his soul

Colabro was entertaining and quick witted to go along a fast paced sport, its a perfect match with Colabro and the game of basketball.

Rick Rizzs voice just says baseball from the moment he talks.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Largent80":15qbjb82 said:
A lot of people haven't heard Vin call a game, but I am blessed to hear his magnificence almost daily. By far, the best ever in baseball and overall mastery at his craft.

Best part of Vin is you'll find out a players favorite color, place of birth, their second grade science project and their first dogs name all at one at bat.

KK84

Reaction score
I wish we had a Neihaus\Colabro type of personality call the hawks. Don't get me wrong, I like Raible, but he doesn't even approach the greatness of those two. Throwdown is correct, we are way spoiled in this category

I also can't believe no one mentioned Harry Kalas(RIP) yet. My second favorite baseball voice of all time (Neihaus being first obviously). He not only called Phillies games forever, but was also the voice of NFL films until his death. One of the most recognizable voices in history and he was so dedicated to his profession he literally died in the booth.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3r5o4itg said:
Largent80":3r5o4itg said:

Best part of Vin is you'll find out a players favorite color, place of birth, their second grade science project and their first dogs name all at one at bat.

And he will also come up with all kinds of stories, all of them different.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Radish":1fckn02s said:
Always like Dick Buck because you can understand what he says all the time and was very knowledgable.

I know many of you don't like his son but I like him a lot too for the same reason. You can understand what he says.

If you're a boxing fan as I am you have to like Michael Buffer. Sad that with the demise of the sport he has to stoop to doing progressive commercials.

Boxing is alive and well.

The Radish

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1ulwabjk said:
The Radish":1ulwabjk said:

Boxing is alive and well.

You talking boxing or cage fighting? 2 completely different things. Boxing is not out front right now like it used to be. You can watch cage fighting about every night but boxing rarely.

IronSaint

Reaction score
NFL - Jon GRUDEN (I like to say it in his voice), Colinsworth is alright, and John Lynch, even though he'san ex-Buc and hates the Saints
NCAAF - Herbstreit, only one I can stand
UFC - Bruce Buffer, if we're talking about actual announcers and not commentators :lol:, and Joe Rogan/Mike Goldberg for commentating