NaVorro Bowman lectures Kaep about the 'fins hat

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Buahahaha. This is pretty good.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... for-his-qb

NaVorro Bowman":3dgv6j88 said:
"This is a huge mistake by 'Kap'," Bowman said on the air. "I'm sure he understands that now. But in his defense, we're young. In our era these days, we like to match our snapbacks with our outfit. The hats now these days are very important to the outfit. Kap, I understand what you did, but let's stay away from the NFL teams. Wear the NBA or the college or the baseball hats."

hawker84

Reaction score
Ya i saw that too.. He also went on to say when asked about preparing for Wilson this season.. he said " leave the phones and the Ipads in the lockers, we've got to bring it at practice, and need everyones full attention"..

Apparently the players are a little more realistic about Seattle and Wilson than the fans... I still read all the time, all you have to do is bottle him up and keep him in the pocket, force him to throw from there.. And i respond with my well, that'd be great accept for the fact that he had better numbers inside the pocket than out, but carry on..

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":ac4z95kv said:
Ya i saw that too.. He also went on to say when asked about preparing for Wilson this season.. he said " leave the phones and the Ipads in the lockers, we've got to bring it at practice, and need everyones full attention"..

Apparently the players are a little more realistic about Seattle and Wilson than the fans... I still read all the time, all you have to do is bottle him up and keep him in the pocket, force him to throw from there.. And i respond with my well, that'd be great accept for the fact that he had better numbers inside the pocket than out, but carry on..

...and I read the same stuff here about Kaep and the same holds true OF Kaep.

Players don't buy into this BS that the fans do (and I'm talking both fanbases here). The players know they have a tall order in beating each other this year.

I HATE Richard Sherman, but I remember what he said on the top 100 of Kaep. Players know what's up. In my mind, the only reason Kaep AND Wilson weren't higher on the list is that Kaep only played 8 or 9 teams last year and Wilson only played about 14 teams (estimating and adding playoffs). IE, there are MANY NFL players who have not yet had to face either of these guys and the players are the ones who cast the ballots.

hawker84

Reaction score
AGREED.... when i sad fans i was talking about all fans, i've read that on countless message boards, not just niner boards.. Be nice if people did a little homework before posting, takes what, a minute to google RW stats? I've read similar post about Kap as well, my favorite is he's not very intelligent. Do some homework, you'll see there nothing farther from the truth.. Just cracks me up.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":16wq4317 said:
AGREED.... when i sad fans i was talking about all fans, i've read that on countless message boards, not just niner boards.. Be nice if people did a little homework before posting, takes what, a minute to google RW stats? I've read similar post about Kap as well, my favorite is he's not very intelligent. Do some homework, you'll see there nothing farther from the truth.. Just cracks me up.

Ya...totally agreed.

You see them all the time. Wilson too short. Kaep not smart. Neither can throw from the pocket. Both product of the Read-Option.

Wilson IS shorter than the average NFL QB, but he's ALWAYS been short. He learned how to compensate long before he got to the NFL. Kaep is a straight A student with a 37 score on the Wonderlick.

Both guys have shown great ability within the pocket and have two of the highest YPA in the NFL (Kaep was #1 and Wilson not far behind). Niether used the read-option NEARLY as often as people think and far less often than RGIII who somehow seems impervious to the Read-Option criticism.

To me...its basically all wishful thinking of fans of other teams. They WANT that to be true so that their teams have a chance.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The players for both teams have shown nothing but total respect for each other. I think it would be a terrible thing if our guys somehow got it in their head that Kaep was a "one-read only" QB. That kind of underestimating will get you slaughtered on game day. You've seen Aldon Smith and now Bowman speak highly of Wilson, and Sherm did the same with Kaep.

The only current 49er I can recall our players speaking badly of is Harbaugh. And that's more of a personality issue (or a personal history issue in the case of Baldwin/Sherman) than an underappreciation of his abilities as a coach.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

Love it. :)

Also, I suppose this means neither team's fan base can use "they overlooked the other team" as an excuse for losing against each other for the foreseeable future?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1o4c77nm said:
It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

Also, I suppose this means neither team's fan base can use "they overlooked the other team" as an excuse for losing against each other for the foreseeable future?

No, they can't. Not now. LOL.

60niners

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":oqaqq0sy said:

I love the fact that my team - at least as far as appearances go - doesn't act like they're overlooking anyone. (At least they're not acting like that this offseason.) I don't think you can overlook any team in the NFL; all of these players are professionals which are probably the best at American Football in the world, so even the bad ones are good lol.

I think they slept on a few teams last year and ended up getting punched in the mouth. In 2011 they did the punching. Hopefully they'll get back to that in 2013. The Seahawks appeared much more hungry last year than the Niners did, and I really hope that changes this year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":b0jll9ms said:
hawker84":b0jll9ms said:

...and I read the same stuff here about Kaep and the same holds true OF Kaep.

Players don't buy into this BS that the fans do (and I'm talking both fanbases here). The players know they have a tall order in beating each other this year.

I HATE Richard Sherman, but I remember what he said on the top 100 of Kaep. Players know what's up. In my mind, the only reason Kaep AND Wilson weren't higher on the list is that Kaep only played 8 or 9 teams last year and Wilson only played about 14 teams (estimating and adding playoffs). IE, there are MANY NFL players who have not yet had to face either of these guys and the players are the ones who cast the ballots.

Kaep may be really smart, but he sure lacks in the common sense department.

hawker84

Reaction score
The Seahawks appeared much more hungry last year than the Niners did, and I really hope that changes this year.

Good luck with that.. ;)

2012 seahawks - Holy crap we're pretty good

2013 seahawks - Antoine Winfield "With me in the slot , championship"

Both teams will be going out this season to prove, they are who everyone says they are, there will be no sleeping on anyone.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I was freaking awed by how hungry the 2012 Seahawks looked. Absolutely love it, and hope it never goes away; though obviously, it will at some point. (Hopefully far, far into the future.)

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
AGGGGGGGGGGGGH! I can't handle this love fest anymore!!!!!

[youtube]E2f_aUH77qo[/youtube]

Hard to argue with what has been said though. This is going to be a real fun year. Wish there were more Rams fans here to get in on this.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I've posted my respect for both teams on both sites.

And as many fans of both your teams acknowledge - Rams are not a team to sleep on this year. Very much looking forward to this season.

Some still think Rams are not good, but I see no reason to answer that. Has to be answered on the field.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RedAlice":2sv6asnf said:
I've posted my respect for both teams on both sites.

And as many fans of both your teams acknowledge - Rams are not a team to sleep on this year. Very much looking forward to this season.

Some still think Rams are not good, but I see no reason to answer that. Has to be answered on the field.
What does this have to do with this thread?

RedAlice

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3kwyfwwg said:

Hard to argue with what has been said though. This is going to be a real fun year. Wish there were more Rams fans here to get in on this.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawker84":35cec3fm said:

Is it our fault we have the next Fran Tarkington on a much better team? Seems Bowman believes so.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawker84":ui1kpdbq said:

Is it our fault we have the next Fran Tarkington on a much better team? Seems Bowman believes so.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":1mbx93rf said:
SouthSoundHawk":1mbx93rf said:

Alice. humour me...why should I want any fan not Seahawk Blue on THIS or my home site? I care nothing for your opinion until it's your week to understand what I post about the Seahawks isn't bragging but true. So Deal.