Shall we run down the list of Moyes' lists of departure claims:

Moyes in 2004: "Rooney is not for sale"
Rooney joins Man U

Moyes in 2009: "Lescott is not for sale"
Lescott joins Man City

Moyes in 2011: "Arteta is not for sale"
Arteta joins Arsenal

Moyes in 2013: "Rooney is not for sale"

Probably shouldn't be saying this is over just because Moyes says it is.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2ja2b596 said:
CALIHAWK1":2ja2b596 said:
Moyes confirms Rooney staying put.

Shall we run down the list of Moyes' lists of departure claims:

Moyes in 2004: "Rooney is not for sale"
Rooney joins Man U

Moyes in 2009: "Lescott is not for sale"
Lescott joins Man City

Moyes in 2011: "Arteta is not for sale"
Arteta joins Arsenal

Moyes in 2013: "Rooney is not for sale"

Probably shouldn't be saying this is over just because Moyes says it is.

The main reason that I doubt that he'll move is not due to Moyes willingness to move him, it's more down to the fact that he earns about £10 mil per year and that not many teams could afford to pay him. Of those, not many need him.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3vcnanjt said:
I'm starting to fear that this Suarez-Arsenal thing is gonna cost us Higuain.

If we were to sell Suarez to Arsenal, we would become Arsenal. Not going to happen.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Looks like Palace are going to sign Jose Campaña, Spain U20 captain.

No nothing about him but from what I've read he sounds a decent player.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Blueboy":a06cal4r said:

What do you figure your clubs chances are of avoiding the drop? Punchers chance?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":26d8uc7s said:
I'm starting to fear that this Suarez-Arsenal thing is gonna cost us Higuain.

What. About is that Arsenal is offering to a player they can't get so they can turn to their fans and say "we tried to spend"

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I'm not getting my hopes up that Arsenal will get Suarez, I'm not saying it's impossible, I just can't see it happening. Higuain is more likely, though it almost seems like Madrid is trying to squeeze every penny they can out of Arsenal in the deal.

Blueboy

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":1f0y5gx7 said:
Blueboy":1f0y5gx7 said:

What do you figure your clubs chances are of avoiding the drop? Punchers chance?

I don't think they have much of a chance, in my opinion they need a real good centre back and another top striker.

I would take our fate being in our hands on the final day of the season, if we can manage that then I think they'd of done well.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":dplr0bhh said:
10 million plus Mata for rooney? United are stupid to turn that down. I hope Moyes continues to make stupid decisions like this during his tenure.

Surely that can't be true. van Persie is the obvious first choice striker; I would have thought that Mata would slide straight in as the first choice midfielder.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2v0cr9mu said:
Hawkspur":2v0cr9mu said:
peachesenregalia":2v0cr9mu said:
10 million plus Mata for rooney? United are stupid to turn that down. I hope Moyes continues to make stupid decisions like this during his tenure.

Surely that can't be true. van Persie is the obvious first choice striker; I would have thought that Mata would slide straight in as the first choice midfielder.

multiple sources are reporting that that was the offer on the table. Mata is better than any midfielder currently on United's squad. hell, even 10 mil for rooney is half-decent business at this point. Moyes is a berk for not taking that.

Here's hoping. A United period of decline would be great. Jumping the gun a bit, granted, but one can still dream.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, fellow soccer fans, while this isn't transfer news, what's your take on Sepp Blatter, quite possibly the most corrupt and out-of-touch-with-reality person involved in sports anywhere in the world, stating that he now wants to move the '22 World Cup to Winter because he finally realizes it's too hot to play in Qatar in June & July?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
SeatownJay":36905d6c said:
So, fellow soccer fans, while this isn't transfer news, what's your take on Sepp Blatter, quite possibly the most corrupt and out-of-touch-with-reality person involved in sports anywhere in the world, stating that he now wants to move the '22 World Cup to Winter because he finally realizes it's too hot to play in Qatar in June & July?

Firstly, it's impossible to disagree with your assessment of Blatter. The man is a joke, albeit not a very funny one. I'm guessing that this will not go down well with the domestic leagues and, I'd imagine, could even lead to at least one league somewhere refusing to release its players.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Sepp Blatter is an idiot but things will not improve much once he leaves office and Michel Platini takes over.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Man, I really hope United finally sell Rooney. I am tired of his complaints and egoistic behavior. NOBODY is bigger than the club and if somehow United can get Luiz or Mata in the deal that would be great.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1ag0kxpg said:

It all comes down to money, that's all Blatter cares about. Qatar didn't deserve it in the first place, they bought the bid essentially, the only good thing about their bid was the stadiums, but everything else was shitty as hell.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
How many of you guys have seen this

[youtube]7xK_5CpPLhw[/youtube]

I liked this story a lot, it shows the passion of some fans that don't get to see their favorite teams up close that often, or at all for that matter.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3gh10r7h said:
SeatownJay":3gh10r7h said:

It all comes down to money, that's all Blatter cares about. Qatar didn't deserve it in the first place, they bought the bid essentially, the only good thing about their bid was the stadiums, but everything else was shitty as hell.

Aside from the surface on the sun temperatures I think that a world cup in Qatar is just a bad idea on all fronts. I could see it potentially going worse than Brazil is supposedly going to.