Whiners claim Charly Martin

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I bet both teams have guys going through each other's trash as well.

Reaction score
Damn they took Lockette and Martin... Well at least we got Mike Rob from them!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What are we? San Francisco's Minnesota? At least we take their starting WR's not PS material, you still buying losing Crabtree isn't a gamechanger....they're dumpster diving if you ask me.

KK84

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":2zs3hd9c said:
therealsm":2zs3hd9c said:

I laughed, but one question. How do Seahawk fans change a light bulb? :stirthepot:

We don't change it either. We just argue over who's fault it was the lightbulb went out.

frase32

Reaction score
As a Niner fan I take solace in the knowledge that he was four times more effective than AJ Jenkins last season. Obvious upgrade, rest of the NFC is officially on notice.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Whiners are so thin at WR that Martin is an upgrade for them.

That move speaks volumes to me.

I can easily see Charly sticking with them.

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
frase32":1qr540m3 said:
As a Niner fan I take solace in the knowledge that he was four times more effective than AJ Jenkins last season. Obvious upgrade, rest of the NFC is officially on notice.

Yeah lets wait til AJ has some time on the field before we determine if it's an upgrade or not. Navarro Bowman barely played his rookie year, same with Kaep. They turned out ok. Go look up Steve Smith's WR stats his rookie year.

Niners released a decent longsnapper, and the Hawks claimed him. They released a quality backup WR, and the Niners claimed him. He might be good at special teams (I don't know much about the guy), but with Crab going down they need to see all their options. Also possibly getting a little info on the biggest division rival helps as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
This appears to be a chess match between both teams, maybe it's knowledge gleaning, maybe it actual help, maybe it's just button pushing for each regime. It's funny to watch how this stuff plays out every spring and during camp.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Martin might be the best player they have acquired from the Hawks yet. He saw a little action. :)

If I was the Niners, with 2 guys coming off knees and another missing most if not all of the season, two of which were starters, I would be digging pretty deep. They are just doing their best to put together a functional group of guys and trying to find a little depth, because they really cant absorb another injury.

I think back to 2008, when our last WR went down in week 2 against the Niners, which cost us the season.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
frase32":2vflpkyz said:

Because of Charly Martin?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":12knjl8u said:
frase32":12knjl8u said:

Yeah lets wait til AJ has some time on the field before we determine if it's an upgrade or not. Navarro Bowman barely played his rookie year, same with Kaep. They turned out ok. Go look up Steve Smith's WR stats his rookie year.

Niners released a decent longsnapper, and the Hawks claimed him. They released a quality backup WR, and the Niners claimed him. He might be good at special teams (I don't know much about the guy), but with Crab going down they need to see all their options. Also possibly getting a little info on the biggest division rival helps as well.
Relax...he's obviously being facetious

Latest posts