Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":apyaijoh said:
Yo!

For those of you traveling to Texas for the game make sure you tell your credit card company that you are going. Texas is a state that is so full of fraud that my bank won't allow my card to be used down there unless I notify them of the dates I'll be there.

I wanna make sure you guys have the funds to buy Leif and I a beer with your cards.

Wow, you bought that story from the bank.

Sounds like they know your personal history.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2pjpgzbp said:
Tech Worlds":2pjpgzbp said:
Yo!

For those of you traveling to Texas for the game make sure you tell your credit card company that you are going. Texas is a state that is so full of fraud that my bank won't allow my card to be used down there unless I notify them of the dates I'll be there.

I wanna make sure you guys have the funds to buy Leif and I a beer with your cards.

Wow, you bought that story from the bank.

Sounds like they know your personal history.

I have excellent credit.

What they know is the here and now of your wonderful state.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":sojm22o7 said:
I have excellent credit.

And why is your bank the only one I have ever heard doing this?

Virtually any bank allows credit cards to be used worldwide.

Do they also not allow you to use the card in Mexico or other countries?

A

Anonymous

OK, so I just had a conversation with my landlord (and ticket-benefactor) before he jumped in his Corvette to head to the airport for a week in the Virgin Islands... (bastage)

A Texans season ticket holder who has a tailgating spot closest to the stadium doors, he always has several overflowing coolers, awesome barbeque, and bloody-marys galore, going on before the game. Not the loudest or drunkest group (or the one with the most scantily-clad guests), but he's got the DirecTV dish set-up and a big-screen going on under the tent. A nice showing of adults, supporting their team with drink in hand, and very respectful opposing-teams fans. For those not aware, Texans tailgating is epic on all levels.

So here's the deal:
He's going to bring out an extra party tent so we can have a gathering spot for our group before the game starts in prime real estate. The food will need to be worked out and he said we will need to get a pass to occupy a neighboring spot to theirs, but he is totally on-board to helping us out with a little tailgating action for this relatively-special occasion. He said that what we're are doing is cool as hell and is willing to help us out with anything we need.

So, what do y'all think?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3labv7db said:
So, what do y'all think?

I think this is Most Definitely the way to go. The pre-game buffet/group tickets through the Texans seems like it would be a ton of hassle to get enough people on board and payments processed and so forth. This feels much more organic and manageable (as well as being a gracious and hospitable offer from you and your friend.)

It would mean that as far as game tickets go everybody would be on their own, bit that is probably the most realistic approach, anyway.

Lets do this.

NYCoug

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1g3x0c2e said:
OK, so I just had a conversation with my landlord (and ticket-benefactor) before he jumped in his Corvette to head to the airport for a week in the Virgin Islands... (bastage)

A Texans season ticket holder who has a tailgating spot closest to the stadium doors, he always has several overflowing coolers, awesome barbeque, and bloody-marys galore, going on before the game. Not the loudest or drunkest group (or the one with the most scantily-clad guests), but he's got the DirecTV dish set-up and a big-screen going on under the tent. A nice showing of adults, supporting their team with drink in hand, and very respectful opposing-teams fans. For those not aware, Texans tailgating is epic on all levels.

So here's the deal:
He's going to bring out an extra party tent so we can have a gathering spot for our group before the game starts in prime real estate. The food will need to be worked out and he said we will need to get a pass to occupy a neighboring spot to theirs, but he is totally on-board to helping us out with a little tailgating action for this relatively-special occasion. He said that what we're are doing is cool as hell and is willing to help us out with anything we need.

So, what do y'all think?

I'm with BFS, sounds f'n awesome! Your neighbor is a saint, by the way, and deserves a ton of love for going out of his way like that. Everyone can chip in for food, which I'm sure won't be a problem or a hassle to the fine people that are embarking on this journey. The tent could be the official home base for the 2013 .Net Roadhawkin' (registered trademark of bestfightstory) Pregame Shindig. Does this mean we should just buy tickets for ourselves to the game, and then just meet up on Fri/Sat Night and meetup to tailgate before the game? Either way, this sounds like it's shaping up to be an awesome time.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
The tailgate sounds like a blast and I would love to partake in that party.
Regarding seating, I agree the easy part is all men for themselves but I would like to sit with some hip folks dressed in blue. I am sure there will be brokers selling seats in groups of 4-8 so maybe some of us could keep an eye out for any of that action as it may appear.
My flight out departs at 5:30 Sunday night and it looks like I will have to adjust that for a later departure.

A

Anonymous

LudwigsDrummer":1ioy1bnj said:
Regarding seating, I agree the easy part is all men for themselves but I would like to sit with some hip folks dressed in blue. I am sure there will be brokers selling seats in groups of 4-8 so maybe some of us could keep an eye out for any of that action as it may appear.
My flight out departs at 5:30 Sunday night and it looks like I will have to adjust that for a later departure.

LD,

Bush or Hobby airport?

If Bush INTNTL, I might make that adjustment, just for safety sake. If it goes to OT, you'll never make it. Hobby is closer and not nearly as hard to get to check-in, but still pushing it.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":17b6uy2t said:

Definitely. I have been watching with an eye for three things. Cost, Location, Quantity. When I find something I like I will buy a few and let others know where the tickets are available online. It would be really cool if we get get into a similar section/area.

Another thought I had is it would be extremely cool if we could all get First Row of any section throughout the stadium and hang multiple 12 flags all over the place.

Somebody in this thread already purchased seats and posted their location. As others do the same, I will make a consolidated list so that we can get an idea where we are representing and at what cost.

I have to believe the prices on StubHub will come down SOME prior to September. They are awfully expensive right now for a non-conference non-primetime game.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I agree about pricing possibly coming down as time rolls on. No need for a seller to offer a low price right now. However if both team are 3-0 heading into the game, you may want to check current refi rates to score the tix.
Thanks Houston about which airport. I have to check but I think I am flying in/out from Bush.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
Wondering if the price of the tickets in the row I bought last week changed, I went back to the Ticket Exchange site for a look see. I paid $120 a seat. Add fees and the total for 2 seats came to $288. I bought it from the seller who now has 11 available in Section 605, Row T (There were 13 available before I bought my 2) . As you can see, he's upped the price to $136. I can't tell you whether the fees will be more or less now. You'd have to begin the process of buying the ticket to find that out. Prices could continue to climb or they could come down to below even what I paid. Anyway, as you probably all know, it's a crapshoot.

061261b3 93d5 41ff b2ea e79d003880af zps26c70461

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Bought a ticket from a friend who is a Texans fan. Section 313. Row N. Awesome view. Let me know if you guys meet somewhere prior or after.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
DTexHawk":kya3qrvz said:
Tech Worlds":kya3qrvz said:
I have excellent credit.

Just because you havent heard about it does not make it not true. Are you saying that I am making this up?

I can use my card anywhere. I just let my bank know the dates that I will be traveling. The bank is simply protecting me, and themselves from unauthorized use of my card.

Just passing along some facts and trying to help out others. Sorry that you feel the need to doubt my sincerity.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2jsxke1y said:
Just because you havent heard about it does not make it not true. Are you saying that I am making this up?

I can use my card anywhere. I just let my bank know the dates that I will be traveling. The bank is simply protecting me, and themselves from unauthorized use of my card.

Just passing along some facts and trying to help out others. Sorry that you feel the need to doubt my sincerity.

Not saying you made it up, but have never heard of a bank not allow use of a card in a certain state without "getting permission" first. I would think that would put an unneeded burden on a customer that travels for a living. So, is Texas the only state/country that they require this for?

Do all cc companies track spending and notify a customer if something looks strange? Sure, after that spending occurs, not before.

Is the bank also protecting you when you have to notify them that you won't be at home or your home will be vacant for a while?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hello fellow Hawkers, I just found your forum today while searching for Hawk fans in the Houston area. I secured tickets to the texans game the day after the schedule came out. I cant help much, but wanted to give what i can. This game WILL sell out. My advise is to secure tickets ASAP. The closer to game day you get, the harder it will be to get groups of seats together. And unless somebody is selling last minute, i dont see prices dropping. I bought 2 tickets in sec 128 Seahawks side for $293 each. I checked stub hub today and 2 seats in same section 2 rows behind me are going for $700+ each. I feel i got a good deal. I have stayed at both the crowne plaza and Holiday Inn (both basically in reliant parking lot), Both places are OK. Today CP has basic rooms still at $90+tax. I posted an intro earlier today if you care to read it. I am the only Hawk Fan i know down here, I for sure want to hook up with your group that comes down, At least to tip a few sat nite. Somebody please have pity on me and keep me in the loop. GO SEAHAWKS

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
DTexHawk":3agks6ch said:
Tech Worlds":3agks6ch said:
I have excellent credit.

I have banked with a large national bank for more years than I prefer to mention. In todays fraudulant world occasionally my bank with disapprove a transaction if it's system is alarmed. My most recent was earlier this year when visiting our vacation home in Az.
Dom is correct and you might want to check things out a bit more before questioning people in such a condesending manner.
I only mention this in the hope Dom buys me an expensive beer in Tx.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
pmedic920":1uqb4l8c said:
Hello fellow Hawkers, I just found your forum today while searching for Hawk fans in the Houston area. I secured tickets to the texans game the day after the schedule came out. I cant help much, but wanted to give what i can. This game WILL sell out. My advise is to secure tickets ASAP. The closer to game day you get, the harder it will be to get groups of seats together. And unless somebody is selling last minute, i dont see prices dropping. I bought 2 tickets in sec 128 Seahawks side for $293 each. I checked stub hub today and 2 seats in same section 2 rows behind me are going for $700+ each. I feel i got a good deal. I have stayed at both the crowne plaza and Holiday Inn (both basically in reliant parking lot), Both places are OK. Today CP has basic rooms still at $90+tax. I posted an intro earlier today if you care to read it. I am the only Hawk Fan i know down here, I for sure want to hook up with your group that comes down, At least to tip a few sat nite. Somebody please have pity on me and keep me in the loop. GO SEAHAWKS

This IS the loop. You're in it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2cjazwqj said:
Tech Worlds":2cjazwqj said:

Not saying you made it up, but have never heard of a bank not allow use of a card in a certain state without "getting permission" first. I would think that would put an unneeded burden on a customer that travels for a living. So, is Texas the only state/country that they require this for?

Do all cc companies track spending and notify a customer if something looks strange? Sure, after that spending occurs, not before.

Is the bank also protecting you when you have to notify them that you won't be at home or your home will be vacant for a while?

Dude I was only helping people out.

No reason for you to play the thread hijack game.

A

Anonymous

And there goes the sunshine and rainbows out of this thread...

good grief.