So Silva got dropped

NoChops

Reaction score
and it was a fitting way to end his championship run. I wanted to see a really good fight, but in the end the showboating kinda spoiled it. Drop your hands, act a fool, get knocked out

m0ng0

Reaction score
How does that taste jackass? If I was the ref I would have let him pound on him for another second or two before I stepped in.

OP
OP
N

NoChops

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3aj4og2i said:
Stupid stupid stupid on Silva's part. Really annoyed me, actually, because that could have been a really good fight, and I wanted to see Silva beat the piss out of Jon Jones at Cowboys Stadium.

yep, that is how i feel, it should have been an epic fight, but Silva walks to his own beat and has for a while now. Speaking of Cowboys, why don't you drive down to dallas, jump in my ride and go to the hawks/houston game with the rest of the folk from .net We can listen to Joe's Garage all the way if you like.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Always fun to see someone showboating like that, then get caught. Ha!

But what an amazing run, 16 straight victories in the UFC from 2006-2012. Pretty good.

KK84

Reaction score
I'm very happy Silva went down, but the fight itself sucked. I haven't been this disappointed with a fight since a few years ago when Forrest Griffin got demolished by Silva from the get.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I feel bad for the fans that actually paid for that joke of a fight. If I was Weidman, I'd be pissed too. You want to fight the best at their best.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Anyone thinking the fight was thrown just needs to watch Anderson's last 10 fights. He toys with his opponents and fs around out there, finally someone had the wrestling and power to make him pay. He does stupid dances and leaves his hands down every fight, he's a great fighter who's time finally came.

Subzero717

Reaction score
CPHawk":o0u8j99w said:
Anyone thinking the fight was thrown just needs to watch Anderson's last 10 fights. He toys with his opponents and fs around out there, finally someone had the wrestling and power to make him pay. He does stupid dances and leaves his hands down every fight, he's a great fighter who's time finally came.

True but not nearly to that ectent with a fighter of that caliber. IIRC he did none of that in the ring againt Chonen or Vitor. I just think the whole thing was odd/off. His post fight speech made it more mond boggling.

Subzero717

Reaction score
uda2a3a3.jpg

niveky

Reaction score
yeah...i had given him a pass on a lot of the showboating stuff in other fights due to butt flopping, unwillingness of opponents to engage...maia fight he could have taken it any time he wanted and instead he didn't....the way the fight went down....the comments he made after....it indeed seemed fishy to me as well...pretty much lost all respect for him after this fight....He just signed a 10 fight contract, comes out and does that and makes the comments he does...if he knew he was so tired, then why the hell did he sign the contract...if you want that money then go out there and give it all you have.........whoever he fights through to get this contract fulfilled....i really hope that he goes out there and fights the way we all know he can in his next 9 fights.

niveky

Reaction score
CPHawk":j26ynxxa said:

which in turn gives him the perfect way to throw a fight, by using his existing mo just a little too much. I mean, I'm not exactly sold on him throwing the fight, but everything is just very bizarre. the fight, the comments, just recently signing that 10 fight contract before this title defense and talking about being tired of training and fighting for the title...i mean what does he want to do? fight a bunch of bs fights for the next 9 that aren't title fights for what he percieves as easy money? Can you see where it would be easy for a lot of people to feel strongly that at the least his effort just wasn't there?

McG

Reaction score
It wasn't fixed, no one would allow themselves to get knocked out like that, especially someone with his legendary fighting history. I think he just got caught, he's old for a pro fighter and seriously shouldn't be out there with his hands down trying to clown on a dangerous fighter. I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier to be honest, but the guy is/was that good.

Also, for anyone that is in the camp of "well screw the UFC it's fixed, blah, blah, blah". Then it was never for you anyways. I'd figure most from that camp are into boxing, which is fine with me, but there are few things to point out. Boxing is a sport were fixing happens a lot and I don't dislike boxing personally I just think it's boring. MMA is more exciting and a lot more overall fighting skill is involved. To each their own.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Yeaahhh highly doubt there was anything "fishy" about it. He always acts like that, but this time he did it too much and vs the wrong guy and he got caught. I agree that because he was acting like a jackass too long, he didn't bring his best stuff. But that doesn't mean he purposely got his ass knocked out either. Also, he always says dumb shit after a fight. The only difference was that he lost and was trying to act like he didn't care because he was butt-hurt. He acted exactly the way I expected him to act after the fight. I didn't think it was mind boggling whatsoever.

Weidman wants to fight him again, and I hope he gets the chance. Maybe Silva will bring his A game next time.

Atradees

Reaction score
Just watched it myself. Some of the card fights were better. I like the stand up stuff. Especially kicks;this one guy completely flipped
swinging both feet at his opponent. Ultimately he missed but he his balance was so good he just kept fighting after that cartwheel. Amazing.

I hadnt seen any of Silva's act before this. I hope he ditches the showboating too..