Most Hated:

1. Steelers
2. Cowboys
3. 49ers
4. Jets
5. Eagles
6. Rams
7. Cardinals

The Patriots used to be #2 on the list, but over time I've grown to respect them. They have commanded respect for more than 10 years, and finally have mine.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":2svqffu6 said:
Second least favorite team is probably the Falcons, who basically have 4 good players that carry the whole team. I think they are a good team, but they make my over-rated list. Steven Jackson will still be old and broken down in Atlanta, he's not going to be the difference maker people assume.

Keep making that wish.

I agree with what kira said above - you tend to follow the teams you hate or want to beat and know a lot about them. I follow all of the other NFC West teams constantly. They are the three teams I know more about than any others, except for the Rams. I don't hate any of them - well, I hate them more than anything twice a season each. And I ignore judgmental Rams' fans who tell me who I must hate.

I hate with a passion:

Patriots - obviously.
Steelers
Cowboys

And then I kind of hate the Packers.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I hated the Niners back in their glory days because unless it's the Seahawks I always root for the underdog. But I had no idea how slimy their fanbase truly is until they started winning in the division.

Yep Niner fans (not the handful of cool ones in here of course), you did what I thought was impossible: you pushed your team right over the Stealers and into the Trenchbroom #1 hated team slot. The odds were long, but your blindness to any criticism, refusal to give credit to another team/players/fans and your quick dismissal of any decent football conversation with that completely irrelevant "five rings!" chestnut shot you straight to the top.

RedAlice

Reaction score
To Fitz - do you live in St. Louis? Or are you an LA fan?

I'm curious about your Hawk love and SF hate. Most younger St. Louis fans hate Hawks and feel somewhat ambivalent towards Niners. Most LA fans hate Niners no matter what.

You hate Niners and feel some comraderie here. Are you old or not from St Louis?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":tkr4wc8v said:
I hated the Niners back in their glory days because unless it's the Seahawks I always root for the underdog. But I had no idea how slimy their fanbase truly is until they started winning in the division.

Yep Niner fans (not the handful of cool ones in here of course), you did what I thought was impossible: you pushed your team right over the Stealers and into the Trenchbroom #1 hated team slot. The odds were long, but your blindness to any criticism, refusal to give credit to another team/players/fans and your quick dismissal of any decent football conversation with that completely irrelevant "five rings!" chestnut shot you straight to the top.

You are so correct with the second paragraph. However, I find both Hawks and Niners fans to be exactly as you define right now. Minus ring talk.

I get the zero thing as Niner fans go all crazy insulting like I'm talking about the war against England when I simply point out the fact that the last NFC W team to win a SB is the Rams.

Other than rings though, both teams' fans seem similar to me. I think both have a ton of talent and look forward to this season.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
RedAlice":bw60vsx8 said:
Trenchbroom":bw60vsx8 said:

You are so correct with the second paragraph. However, I find both Hawks and Niners fans to be exactly as you define right now. Minus ring talk.

I get the zero thing as Niner fans go all crazy insulting like I'm talking about the war against England when I simply point out the fact that the last NFC W team to win a SB is the Rams.

Other than rings though, both teams' fans seem similar to me. I think both have a ton of talent and look forward to this season.

And here I was, hesitant to put my "cool ones" caveat in that post, and you had to go and be all nice and stuff... :th2thumbs:

RedAlice

Reaction score
I reserve the right to change my answer to Niner fans whenever I want.

They really might be over the top right now. We need real games to start and imagination to end....

hawker84

Reaction score
1. niners - no explanation necessary
2. stealers - refer to above explanation
3. Redskins - easily the worst fanbase, field, owner, colors in football,
3. packers - Aaron Rogers and their colors are the same colors as my old high school's rival colors (Richland Bombers)

honorable mentions

1. cowboys - Jerry Jones
2. panthers - Cam Newton
3. falcons - Roddy white and there obnoxious fans

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
RedAlice":xy4mbhzo said:
To Fitz - do you live in St. Louis? Or are you an LA fan?

I'm curious about your Hawk love and SF hate. Most younger St. Louis fans hate Hawks and feel somewhat ambivalent towards Niners. Most LA fans hate Niners no matter what.

You hate Niners and feel some comraderie here. Are you old or not from St Louis?

I never lived in St. Louis or San Fran. I'm Florida bred. When the Rams moved to St. Louis i was 11 and just starting to like football and i liked the colors of the team and became a fan. My Niner hate stems from all the stories and just never liking them even when younger for some reason. The Hawks i never disliked or anything since they had a lot of down years, but were never scumbags like Niner fans were to the Rams when they had down year...lots of down years. I guess you could say once i became a fan of the Rams i enveloped as much of the past and rivalries and understanding there greatness as much as i could to know them better. As i said in my OP, still not a fan of the Seahawks, but that has more to do with current events rather than anything in the past.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
1 - SF (hated them the most even while they sucked for the last 10 years)
2 - Tie between STL and AZ... I don't really harbor much hate for the AFCW teams anymore
3 - Dallas... though my hate has lessened, because they've been bad to mediocre for so long now, even though their fans don't seem to have noticed.
4 - Pittsburgh - I really should be more mad at the refs than the team itself. But I cringe every time I hear some mention of them "winning" SB XL. Also, all of their bandwagon fans annoy me.

I guess you could say I can't stand bandwagon teams... so SF, PIT, DAL. I enjoy seeing them lose as often as possible.

kira

Reaction score
TriCHawk":h2qrab2z said:
1 - SF (hated them the most even while they sucked for the last 10 years)
2 - Tie between STL and AZ... I don't really harbor much hate for the AFCW teams anymore
3 - Dallas... though my hate has lessened, because they've been bad to mediocre for so long now, even though their fans don't seem to have noticed.
4 - Pittsburgh - I really should be more mad at the refs than the team itself. But I cringe every time I hear some mention of them "winning" SB XL. Also, all of their bandwagon fans annoy me.

I guess you could say I can't stand bandwagon teams... so SF, PIT, DAL. I enjoy seeing them lose as often as possible.

lol so you must hate the Seahawks they are the definition of a bandwagon team.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
How so?

Every team has their bandwagon/fairweather fans, and yes it seems to be a lot more 'Hawks fans since about, oh... say 2005 than what I recall before that. But I don't think you could put the 'hawks in the same class as SF, PIT, or DAL.

Obviously I could never hate my one and only favorite team since I started watching in the 80's. But if we got to that level of DAL, I'd probably be annoyed a little bit... in a 'where were you when we sucked?' sort of way.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
TriCHawk":3pqzvcp8 said:
How so?

Every team has their bandwagon/fairweather fans, and yes it seems to be a lot more 'Hawks fans since about, oh... say 2005 than what I recall before that. But I don't think you could put the 'hawks in the same class as SF, PIT, or DAL.

Obviously I could never hate my one and only favorite team since I started watching in the 80's. But if we got to that level of DAL, I'd probably be annoyed a little bit... in a 'where were you when we sucked?' sort of way.

100% agree. Listening to the SVP show on ESPN radio right now and the topic is "top 5 best fanbases". Of course the Seahawks are dismissed because our relevance is "too new". You can guess what teams made the cut.

Well guess what Van Pelt? When the Seahawks celebrate their 100th season, the bleeping Packers and Bears are going to be almost 150 years old. Guess we will NEVER be relevant huh? Moron.

The old guard and east coast teams will always get the attention. They can have the front runner fans as well.

kunged

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ccjj23b said:
Trenchbroom":1ccjj23b said:

This in a nutshell. I am a 49er fan and I like to think I remain objective. I have lived in the UK my whole life and struggle to hate any team, that doesn’t mean I’m not a passionate supporter, just I have probably encountered less “annoying fan bases”

Going on both the 49ers & Seahawks forum I see a lot of posts that could, if you swapped the names (players and teams) round, be posts from either forum. E.g. Carrol/Harbaugh is a douche, Kap/Wilson will be found out in the next season, Sherman/Kap are arrogant annoying players and the one I see the most – Whiner/Shehawk fans are idiots and homers. Tbh, if you try to remain objective it’s pretty funny reading the two.

Because the division was so close and the teams are so good both sets of fans feel they are justified in saying that their team will dominate/win next season.

Also, no matter how much knowledge a poster has on the NFL, I severely doubt they will ever dedicate enough time researching and reading about an opposition team as the team’s own fans will, people also tend to view things subjectively as well. In all forums there will be fans who use twist situations to suit their viewpoint. E.g. picture of Kap in front of the car - to my understanding he was sponsored by Jaguar and was given it free, I am willing to bet he would have had to fulfil some promotional obligations, which tend to be being pictured/seen with said sponsorship item.

Anyway, apologies for the long post.

Also, to stay on topic, **** the Pats! Only team I dislike, there are so many Pats fans in the UK, the vast majority of them are because of the Super Bowls and nearly all the Pats fans I played American Football with were very annoying about their team. I got great pleasure in beating them in December, especially after the total lack of respect in the build up.

Before anyone says I am a glory hunting fan, I was introduced to the 49ers (and American Football) by my cousin in the early 90s. They are the only team I really know of (I was 7/8 at the time), I only “properly” started following the 49ers around 2003 and have continued to be an avid supporter through all the crap days.

SE174

Reaction score
Galen96":ox0076fp said:
I couldn't care less about rings, or history, or any other such rubbish.. I hate teams based on the behavior of their fans. Cocky, shit talking, past-living, better than thou and front runners piss me off. Thus I hate their teams.
This.

1. 49ers fans
2. Steelers fans
3. Redskins fans
4. Raiders fans
5. Cowboys fans
6. Falcons fans

uncle fester

Reaction score
Want to stomp their entire franchises into the sewage: 49ers & Steelers.

Wish they could be a bit more crappy as teams, but don't actively despise: Broncos & Giants.

Like laughing at the incompetence of: Chargers & Cowboys.

Now genuinely feeling sorry for, due to decades of incompetence: Raiders

I actually wish the Rams and Cards well when they're not playing us. Other than Marshall Faulk's barely disguised contempt on TV for our franchise, there's nothing there that annoys me. You can't really hate on players like Fitz and Chris Long They're good! Maybe I still carry too many grudges from the AFC West days and there isn't enough room for more...

And I just don't care about the Redskins. Even after a hyserical woman in a Griffin shirt tried to start a fight with me in a bar after the playoff game last year.

kira

Reaction score
TriCHawk":3dl18ff3 said:
How so?

The NFL is a Bandwagon sport in the first place thanks to Fantasy Football... Ontop of that you got a lot of fans just from Pete (USC). Then you have more who hoped on because people love bad boy teams something you guys are becoming. A huge section of your fan base are bandwagon fans and you know what there is nothing wrong with that.... Just don't say you hate teams because of bandwagon fans you know something about glass and stones.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
kira":axpfld6f said:
The NFL is a Bandwagon sport in the first place thanks to Fantasy Football... Ontop of that you got a lot of fans just from Pete (USC). Then you have more who hoped on because people love bad boy teams something you guys are becoming. A huge section of your fan base are bandwagon fans and you know what there is nothing wrong with that.... Just don't say you hate teams because of bandwagon fans you know something about glass and stones.

So you are saying the only cure to our bandwagon problem is to start sucking again?

"My brothers and sisters! Welcome to Seahawks fandom! Shed your Steeler and Cowboy jerseys, pick your new threads from our pro club. And tell your friends that all are welcome here!" :229031_grouphug: