PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

Post your Seahawks-related images, video, audio, designs and requests here! RATING: PG

Which Do You Want? PS4 or XBox1

I Pre-ordered a PlayStation 4
13%
I Pre-ordered an Xbox One
3%
I Would Prefer a PlayStation 4
67%
I Would Prefer an Xbox One
18%

Total votes : 39

PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?
Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:26 pm
  • So, E3 was almost a month ago, and a lot has changed since then with Microsoft's policies on the Xbox One and everything. So, I'm curious if either of you have pre-ordered either console, and which you would prefer whether you pre-ordered or not.

I pre-ordered a PS4 right after the price was announced. I've been playing PlayStation since the original, and Microsoft had me concerned with their policies they had announced. I'm glad they changed their mind on that stuff, so I may get an X1 someday, but definitely PS4 first for me.

Vote and comment please! Also, if you're a PlayStation fan, I just started a forum called Team PlayStation that I'm trying to get off the ground. Feel free to join, the link is http://www.TeamPlayStation.com

So please vote and comment, and please, let's keep this post nice. No need for a console war. I don't think that'll be a problem here regardless though.

Thanks for reading and commenting!
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Re: PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?
Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:35 pm
  • I won't pre-order either, but my dollars are Sony's to lose.

Even though I own a PS3, I was open to an Xbox One, but Microsoft has botched the unveiling of the XB1 as badly as they could and gives me a bad feeling about how they will approach any issues that happen after the release of the console, when they more-or-less have their customers by the balls.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:46 pm
  • As long as the PS4 supports DTCP-IP, like the PS3 does, I am going to upgrade my XBox 360 to PS4 eventually. If MS didn't require me to purchase XBox Live Gold to stream items I can stream on Roku or PS3 (Netflix/Amazon) without having to pay a membership, I might have thought about getting at least one XBox One console.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:53 pm
  • drdiags wrote:As long as the PS4 supports DTCP-IP

Translate for us, hermano?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:11 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    drdiags wrote:As long as the PS4 supports DTCP-IP

Translate for us, hermano?

DTLA: Networking Content in Your Digital Home

In 1999, DTLA began licensing a content protection technology that also ensures consumers' reasonable and customary right to make personal use copies and to enjoy that content digitally networked throughout the home. Digital Transmission Content Protection ("DTCP") has been widely adopted across the globe in consumer electronics products from set top boxes and digital TVs to Blu-Ray and DVD recorders; in voluntary standards groups; by a spectrum of cable, satellite, and media services; and over a variety of wireless and wired interfaces.

Playstation supports this and using a cable tuner device, you can stream your cable channels without the need to use Windows with an XBox extender. This cuts out the Windows dependency. There are TVs starting to have this protocol built in them as well.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:16 pm
  • I'll be getting the PS4 just based off the price alone, Price is the reason I have a 360 right now. I'm not spending more, specially for the XB1 and its dumb ass kinect, I don't want that and I really don't understand why they have to incorporate it as a must have now, was it that big of a failure for the 360 that they have to force it on us?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:52 pm
  • I pre ordered the PS4... Not sure if I'm going to keep my preorder though. Only one game out there that I'm really excited for, Watch Dogs.

Nothing about the XB1 interested me at all.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I'll be getting the PS4 just based off the price alone,

Dude, Throwdown; you'll spend $2,000+ on console games over the life of your next-gen console, but the difference between $400 and $500 on the initial hardware layout is the sole reason you choose one over the other?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:33 pm
  • Why did this get moved from the lounge? The forum description says this is for Seahawks-related media. The lounge is for off-topic stuff like this. Can a mod please move it back?
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:18 am
  • I haven't owned a PS since PS2 so probably go with Xbox One. It's hard for me to really care, all the games I want to play are on both systems and both systems will be incredible.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:29 am
  • As someone who owns a 360 and thinks the PS3 was a joke...PS4 all the way. Killer price point and no forced accessory to make the damn thing work. I didn't even care about any of the security measures or used game stuff that the One had since it wouldn't affect me. Other than Halo, Gears and Forza, MS doesn't really have any exclusives going for it compared to Sony. Then they tried to make it an all-in-one box like Sony did with the PS3. There's plenty of other tech alternatives for that...I just want to play some damn games, and that's where they lost focus (like the PS3 and 'it only does everything.) And no stupid paywalls to hide stuff like Netflix behind, which I already pay for and use on four other devices for free. WTF?

Sony went back to the formula that made the PS1+PS2 great and brought in Mark Cerny as the lead architect of the PS4 and the dude knows his stuff. Got my Watch Dogs bundle pre-ordered on Amazon for launch day! Not like it matters though since I'll be glued to GTA V until spring...
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 am
  • Ive been a long time 360 fan ...ive got a ps3 but it gathers dust.

Ive been tempted to go for the PS4 because its cheaper and because of how MS screwed everyone over before doing a 180 and reversing their policies.

As a gamer from the UK region free is a huge thing for me and now xbox is I think id pay the extra and go for that ...I mean HALO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Image GO HAWKS !

Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    dino26
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:10 pm
  • I'm will u!
    HawksFan798
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE MULTIMEDIA FORUM ]