What If?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

What If the Seahawks lose the first game against the Panthers?

Big deal. It's still the Super Bowl season. 0-1 means nothing.
26%
It would be a shock. I won't lie. I expect this team to start 1-0.
64%
Not sure how I would feel. Ambivalent?
10%

Total votes : 129

Re: What If?
Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:30 pm
  • I'd be in full meltdown mode........but really when am I not lol.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:31 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:I'd be in full meltdown mode........but really when am I not lol.

Man, all you guys gotta do is watch Blitzer in the Game Day Chat, he leaves when he's nervous, i just sit and laugh at it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:49 pm
  • I wrote six weeks ago that there was a better than average chance that we would lose to the Panthers in Week 1. For some reason, we do not play well in our Week 1 Road game. Even in 2005, we lost to the Jags in Week 1!!! Yet, in 2006, we beat the Lions in Detroit in Week 1.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:51 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:For the love of everything holy, the game kicks off at 1:00 local time in Carolina, not 10:00 am. It is only 10:00 am where most of you are. Arrrrggghhh.!!! (Pulls more hair out...)

Earliness has nothing to do with it you goofballs. And I don't want to hear any freaking stats, so spare me.

So, are you of the mind that the concepts of jetlag and body clocks are complete fabrications? Genuinely curious. You tell us not to quote you the stats, but let's face it, the stats undeniably demonstrate that west coast teams perform poorly at 10:00 AM PST (or 1:00 PM EST). I'm not sure why you're so outraged at people bringing up the idea that 10:00 AM games are tough when both the stats and our eyeballs back it up.

Yeah, I love it when people try the "and I don't want here about yadda, yadda" in an effort to negate objective, factual info. It's a lame effort to get in the last word and a laughable way to try to make a case.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:09 pm
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:We didn't lose any game last year by more than 7 points, and are a better team with our draft and FA aquisitions plus a full off-season for Dangeruss to work with offense. 12-4.

Hey, I won't argue against any positive statements about Dangeruss :grin: But I'm at odds with saying we are a better team on anything but paper until we see how all of the new pieces -lots if changes in our D rotation and people who need to recover from unjury- play together.

What gives me a warm fuzzy is that we have equalizers on both sides of the ball in Dangeruss and the LOB, so hopefully that will be enough to win until the team starts hitting on all cylinders. You can't expect them to be a well-oiled machine at game one.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:12 pm
  • We aint losin to no damn Panthers regardless of location and time! Get a grip! :cool:
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:11 pm
  • Seahawks started their 2005 Superbowl run with a 0-2 road record.

It would suck losing to the Panthers but I would still remain fairly optimistic, 15 more games to play after that.

The NFL certainly didn't do the Seahawks any favors when making their schedule but its part of the business, we have a relatively young team, facing challenges and adversity should only make them better in the long run.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:25 pm
  • Damon Bruce would always say, anything that happens week 1 will be overreacted to. Good or bad.

In this instance, I'm really hoping good. However, the biggest factor that we cannot account yet is the eye test. If the team lost, how did they look losing? Did the Panthers pull off a great victory, or did the Seahawks muff their season debut?

In my book, the likelihood of this team losing may be significant, but likelihood of them playing undisciplined, bad football is very small.
    Thus, I fear nothing. I have faith in the work ethic and ability of our guys. Win or lose, they will show up, they'll leave it all out on the field. Go 'Hawks.
    fsmassey
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:43 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:

So, are you of the mind that the concepts of jetlag and body clocks are complete fabrications? Genuinely curious. You tell us not to quote you the stats, but let's face it, the stats undeniably demonstrate that west coast teams perform poorly at 10:00 AM PST (or 1:00 PM EST). not sure why you're so outraged at people bringing up the idea that 10:00 AM games are tough when both the stats and our eyeballs back it up.

So, do you think Chuck Norris can't kick the same guy's ass at 8:00am as he can at 1:00 in the afternoon? If he lost the fight in the morning, and won at 1:00pm, would he blame it on the time of day or on timezone differences? Nope. He is a finely-tuned fighting machine no matter where he is at or what time it is.

The team is from Seattle, and because the sun runs east to west, the clock is different. The only difference is what time you go to sleep the night before, and if the crowd screams when you are on offense, or when you are on defense.

Pro athlete? Train correctly. Sleep correctly. Eat correctly. Get good advice (when you can) and make sure you wear the correct size shoes. Follow the rules. When the whistle blows you will be ready to play or you will be replaced. Doesn't matter where the little hand and the big hand are on a clock, it is where that big yellow orb is in the sky is that is important.

Bruce Lee killed Chuck Norris. It was 10AM Pacific time.

Pro athlete is exactly the point. The difference between these athletes seems great, but in actuality, it is very small. Thus, any given sunday. Factor in ANY advantage that is spread out over the entire team and it gets magnified.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:16 am
  • Wilson is not going to be held by the hand game one, Panthers are going to be fired up We will see how they adapt to Shulas offense, I think our defense is going to have an advantage out of the gate. Newton will be thinking instead of playing. Something he doesn't seem to be good at. If we can jump on them I don't think the Panthers will be able to play from behind well, in fact our DB's will get a few pics with him forcing things trying to make stuff happen.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:40 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:It's all about getting the money to both sides not about the actual odds of winning so pretty irrelevant.

This isn't really true. Yes the bookmakers are hoping to get close to 50/50 money so that they get a guaranteed profit, but the win percentages across the league reflect a very direct correlation with point spreads. The spreads get governed by the betting market, the biggest money comes in from the professional gamblers, and that market is obviously a lot more objective than any individual fanbase is.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:45 am
  • To answer the initial question: I won't be shocked at all. I think we win the game more often than not, but I personally hate that we drew this game as an opener. Panthers are tough and statistically were far superior to their record last year. Their late-season blowout of Atlanta wasn't that shocking for that reason.

It's a difficult first five game stretch to start the year (aside from the cupcake in week three), and I'll be happy to come out of it with a 3-2 record.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information