The Power of Tanzania still shines bright !!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
He's a two time champion, we don't want him blessing our mountain now?

y'all are weird.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
They'll be back for the NFL season I believe. I think they cover them up for sounders games (though not the Husky games last year idk why).

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1cdeqlbt said:
Didn't they get rid of the Tanzania advertising? Sounders fans, am I right?

They were gone for the World Cup qualifier, which is the last time I was at the CLink. Not sure if they have been re-applied since then.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't have a Tanzania superstition, but I do have a Russell Wilson superstition. Every time that Russell Wilson has attended a Seahawks home game, the Seahawks have won. It began the same time as the Tanzania thing.

Think I'm joking? Last I heard, the Mariners (the Mariners!) are 11-0 in games Wilson has attended at Safeco this season. (I'm not kidding).

I'm tellin' ya'll, Tanzania is just taking the credit for the good luck Wilson has brought us.

And don't forget, he pulled the Seahawks team name out of a hat before the draft, too.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
kearly":2g3g1gvj said:
I don't have a Tanzania superstition, but I do have a Russell Wilson superstition. Every time that Russell Wilson has attended a Seahawks home game, the Seahawks have won. It began the same time as the Tanzania thing.

Think I'm joking? Last I heard, the Mariners (the Mariners!) are 11-0 in games Wilson has attended at Safeco this season. (I'm not kidding).

I'm tellin' ya'll, Tanzania is just taking the credit for the good luck Wilson has brought us.

And don't forget, he pulled the Seahawks team name out of a hat before the draft, too.
I was at a game that Wilson attended where they lost, a Felix day in fact. Ms would no doubt be in the playoffs with that kind of record though.

Tanzania, now that's another story!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
kearly":k2zplun2 said:

Whoa, is this true because that would be bad ass.

Russell Wilson is pretty lucky QB or perhaps just a baby elite one. He arguably could have been 17-1 last season.

WRs dropping sure TD catches vs @ARZ, @SFO.

Defenses falling apart after the Seahawk's O took the lead, @DET, @MIA, @ATL.

The only game I really contributed to him losing because exceptionally poor play on his accord was @STL.

Even though @SFO was a statistically worse game, several WRs dropped possible game changing passes and Gore/Hunter took over the game to control the clock in the 2nd half, so he couldn't make a signature comeback.

Another interesting thing I found out looking back on the play by play, Harbaugh as much as I hate him is a freakin genius, the two times the Seahawks absolutely were in groove and driving the ball well against SF's defense, Harbaugh called a well timed timeout and killed the Seahawks momentum completely. I'm glad Wilson completely man-handled them the 2nd time around.

And we can't really blame him in his rookie debut @ARZ. Sweezy starting at RG. 8 straight incomplete passes to end the game, with a majority coming in the end zone and all it took was was one WR to finish the play to win.

sc85sis

Reaction score
That rough finish against Arizona in last year's season opener was a blessing in disguise in my opinion. Remember how upset Russell was on the sidelines at the end of the game? Did we ever see that again? (Hint: No.)

Russell learns from his mistakes. I think that game drove him even more to keep improving because he believed he should have been able to win it at the end. And he never again showed even that small sign of loss of composure either.

Uthawk

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1cevgfdw said:
kearly":1cevgfdw said:

I was at a game that Wilson attended where they lost, a Felix day in fact. Ms would no doubt be in the playoffs with that kind of record though.

Tanzania, now that's another story!

I also was at that game. Rangers May 25th I believe.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2g9pve37 said:
kearly":2g9pve37 said:

Russell Wilson is pretty lucky QB or perhaps just a baby elite one. He arguably could have been 17-1 last season.

The only game I really contributed to him losing because exceptionally poor play on his accord was @STL.

Even though @SFO was a statistically worse game, several WRs dropped possible game changing passes and Gore/Hunter took over the game to control the clock in the 2nd half, so he couldn't make a signature comeback.

Another interesting thing I found out looking back on the play by play, Harbaugh as much as I hate him is a freakin genius, the two times the Seahawks absolutely were in groove and driving the ball well against SF's defense, Harbaugh called a well timed timeout and killed the Seahawks momentum completely. I'm glad Wilson completely man-handled them the 2nd time around.

And we can't really blame him in his rookie debut @ARZ. Sweezy starting at RG. 8 straight incomplete passes to end the game, with a majority coming in the end zone and all it took was was one WR to finish the play to win.

Go back and watch the @St Louis game. Russell didn't play bad, the ball took some crazy bounces that day. Bounced off Marshawn and I believe Baldwin and the other int came when McCoy fell down making his cut. All were catchable balls.

If anything can be attributed to the loss @ St Louis, I would say Pete Carroll going hormonal lost that one. He tried to out-fisher Fisher and it didn't work.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
rideaducati":1aakqd9q said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1aakqd9q said:
kearly":1aakqd9q said:

Go back and watch the @St Louis game. Russell didn't play bad, the ball took some crazy bounces that day. Bounced off Marshawn and I believe Baldwin and the other int came when McCoy fell down making his cut. All were catchable balls.

If anything can be attributed to the loss @ St Louis, I would say Pete Carroll going hormonal lost that one. He tried to out-fisher Fisher and it didn't work.

True, the only really bad interception I really remember Wilson throwing was to Captain Munnerlyn? in the Panthers Game. He definitely had plenty of tip related INTs.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
kearly":2se9mx5e said:

Either way........Go Tanzania! And Go Russell!