Lynch Court Delay

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yeah, like you knew that wasn't going to happen. It's doubtful it even sees the light of day given the court has far better things to be dealing with.

NFL_Football2013

Reaction score
But the violation happened in Northern California, wouldnt the courts want to get things moving to help the niners?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
But what about the PLAYOFFS?!?!?!

Jim-Mora-playoffs.jpeg

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":23wwac29 said:
But what about the PLAYOFFS?!?!?!

Jim-Mora-playoffs.jpeg

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. An argument can be made that this delay makes things worse:

If Lynch is guilty, he would be suspended in the second part of the season instead of the first.

I feel like I'm spitting rhymes like Jermaine Kearse.

Yea, me and my man Pers (Harvin?)

bobk3333

Reaction score
NFL_Football2013":1gktd1e5 said:
But the violation happened in Northern California, wouldnt the courts want to get things moving to help the niners?
This is all happening in niner country, so I have a feeling that there is pro-niner bias involved.

Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in January 2012. He was measured at *twice* the blood-alcohol limit (Lynch was at the very borderline of the drunk-driving limit, within the margin of error), but Smith got some kind of phony reduced sentence and wasn't suspended for any games. Smith was also stabbed at a party in July of last year. (Then Harbaugh whines about the Seahawks using Adderall?)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The article said it would be more likely nothing would be done until 2014 at the eariest. So if anything comes of this it will affect 2014's season not anything connected to 2013 including playoffs. It sounds like he would fight it in any case so it will drag out it seems. I would just go into wait and see mode and not worry until that bridge is crossed.

bobk3333

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":s3ka7z1v said:
The article said it would be more likely nothing would be done until 2014 at the eariest. So if anything comes of this it will affect 2014's season not anything connected to 2013 including playoffs. It sounds like he would fight it in any case so it will drag out it seems. I would just go into wait and see mode and not worry until that bridge is crossed.
It's a phony case and it looks like Lynch has a good lawyer, so I doubt if anything is going to happen to him at all.

Technically, it is still possible for the NFL to suspend him for the Superbowl, but I doubt that they would do that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bobk3333":378rmr1z said:
KCHawkGirl":378rmr1z said:
It's a phony case and it looks like Lynch has a good lawyer, so I doubt if anything is going to happen to him at all.

Technically, it is still possible for the NFL to suspend him for the Superbowl, but I doubt that they would do that.
That is my thinking, he has a good attorney that will get this thing thrown out.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
I live here in SoCal, and let me tell you. The California legal system (Police, courts, distric attorneys, parole divison, prison system) is broke, lazy and always looking to get a quick conviction without going to court or a jury trial. They will keep trying to make deals for lesser charges only to rack up conviction numbers and or incarcerate without going to trial. The biggest union besides teachers is prison guard unions. If Lynch keeps fighting it, I can promise you it will be dismissed.

godawg

Reaction score
I'm a lawyer licensed in Washington and California, now practicing in CA. Yes the courts here are broke, but I wouldn't count on Marshawn's case being dismissed, especially since we know so little about the facts. The longer I live in CA, the more I miss the law in Washington. The legislature is full-time in CA, and they keep themselves busy writing bad laws.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the blessing is at that time of the year to go to court it can get pushed out using the fact that Lynch missing work can adversley effect his potential future and income as well as his teams due to the nature of his employment creating a unreasonable hardship for his coworkers and bosses :)

We just have to hope were not playing the 49ers for conference championship around then.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lynch's case is a very low reading case where the prosecution is depending upon a back calculation of alcohol % in to establish he was over .08. His readings were .08 and .07 taken some time after he was stopped. This delay to trial seems to be likely the beginning of the end of his case which has now been in the system for more than a year now.
He has not been tried within a reasonably prompt time, though what that is in Cal remains a subject of continuing debate. My bet is the prosecution will offer a plea deal to reckless or careless driving to resolve this matter or the case will eventually be dismissed. At some point if the case can't be promptly prosecuted it becomes irrelevant .
I think there is no way this case will get to trial this football season is done if they haven't resolved the pretrial motions.

godawg

Reaction score
Jammer, the typical deal for a case like you've described is a "wet reckless," unless the driving was horrendous. If there are priors, it gets more complicated.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NFL.com said that basically Lynch will not be in danger of any suspension for 2013. The trial will drag out until after this season at least.

This delay is the next best thing to the case being dismissed from a football perspective.