Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

What If the Seahawks lose the first game against the Panthers?
Big deal. It's still the Super Bowl season. 0-1 means nothing. 26%  26%  [ 34 ]
It would be a shock. I won't lie. I expect this team to start 1-0. 64%  64%  [ 82 ]
Not sure how I would feel. Ambivalent? 10%  10%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 129
 Post subject: What If?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:16 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

So I am dealing with the same thing you all are. Everyone I talk to that mentions the Seahawks these days is talking Super Bowl.

It's SO weird, right?

We ARE the sexy pick to win it all. Pinch me.

There's just one little problem.

The What If.

We could play the What If game for a long, long time. But let me be the party pooper and start with one simple question:

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post subject: Re: What If?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:22 pm 
NET Veteran

This team is capable of physically dominating any team in the league. If they lose week 1 they were either unprepared, too immature, or outcoached...and I don't like any of those options.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:22 pm 
NET Rookie

Ugggh...i chose the middle option. I dread to see what this place'll look like should we lose week 1.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:36 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm sure this place would melt down, but it's a long season and an early loss at 10AM to a pretty solid Panthers team would not be the end of the world. This is the Any Given Sunday league.

We lost at Arizona last year. That loss shocked me. Yet we ended up 30 seconds (or a healthy Clem) away from the NFC Championship game.

Week 1 doesn't make or break your season.

Last edited by DavidSeven on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:37 pm 
NET Veteran

DavidSeven wrote:
I'm sure this place would melt down, but it's a long season and early loss at 10AM to a pretty solid Panthers team would not be the end of the world. This is the Any Given Sunday league.

We lost at Arizona last year. That loss shocked me. Yet we ended up 30 seconds (or a healthy Clem) away from the NFC Championship game.

Phfshsh......don't be running 'round here with all that perspective!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:55 am 
NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
I'll try to remember that they started out 0-1 after losing on the road to a solid Jacksonville team in a 10AM game back in 2005-2006.

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:56 am 
NET Veteran

DavidSeven wrote:
I'm sure this place would melt down, but it's a long season and an early loss at 10AM to a pretty solid Panthers team would not be the end of the world. This is the Any Given Sunday league.

This, exactly.

While I'm more confident in our team's chances on the road in any given week than I have been in a long time, road games are still going to be harder than home games. Especially early games three time zones away.

Add in the usual Week 1 upset potential and the fact that the team the Seahawks will be facing was one of the hottest teams down the stretch last year (they finished 5-1 in their last 6 games), and it's entirely possible for Seattle to lose their first game.

But that doesn't mean a thing when it comes to the season as a whole.

8 of the last 10 SB champs lost one of their first 3 games, many of them losing their first road game. Hell, the 2007 Giants started off 0-2 and still won it all.

Sure, getting out to a 6-0 or 7-0 start is nice because it gives you more room for error, but I can tell you that I'd rather finish on a hot streak far more than start on a hot streak.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:58 am 
* NET Baller *

I'll be shocked, but i won't fly off the handle like 98% of .net will.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:45 am 
NET Veteran

MissoulaHawkFan wrote:
Ugggh...i chose the middle option. I dread to see what this place'll look like should we lose week 1.

That's why I won't be here for a day or two after until it calms down. Either way it would be shocking but not the end of the season if it does happen. We lost last year and nearly made the NFC championship so a week 1 loss does not make or break your season.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

You can look at it this way. That week one loss to AZ. kept us on the road for the playoffs.

So, it isn't important... :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:18 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

I wont be leaving early.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:24 am 
NET Veteran

If we lose game 1 then we start Quinn :D

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:41 am 
NET Veteran

Largent80 wrote:
You can look at it this way. That week one loss to AZ. kept us on the road for the playoffs.

So, it isn't important... :roll:

Or that Week 4 loss to the Rams. Or the Week 7 loss to the 49ers. Or the Week 8 loss at Detroit.

We didn't miss out on getting a home game in the postseason because we lost one game in Week 1. We missed out because we lost 5 games.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:47 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

m0ng0 wrote:
If we lose game 1 then we start blaming Dan Quinn :D

Fixed

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:49 am 
NET Veteran

Hard to say, but the media would be breaking their ankles to create a controversy and this place would be hard to visit b/c of negativity.

Even with a SuperBowl quality team and a Championship year there will be bumps in the road. The race to the big game is a marathon not a sprint and many would need to chill out and trust the talent here to get it done in the long run.

To me it wouldn't make too much difference but the team should win the ones they ought to win.

Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. Until the OLine is strengthened the team will remain weak.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:18 am 
* NET Philistine *

I'm going to be shocked by any loss next year.

Really, though, it's the home owner that will be more important, IMO.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:22 am 
NET Veteran

There is no reason we shouldn't be able to beat the Panthers game one (none!), and my great dislike for Cam Newton/Steve Smith would make the lose even harder to swallow..

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:39 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

It would stink to lose the opener. The national media hype bubble would burst (which isn't a bad thing), local talk radio would be melting down and the fire XXX threads would be in full bloom.

The Panthers played the Seahawks pretty tight last season and should have won if Cam doesn't turf the football on the 4th and goal. Trufant and Browner's tackle at the 1 was pretty crucial as well. I am sure the majority of folks will have this game as a victory, but the Seahawks have never dominated the Panthers in Charlotte and I don't expect it to happen this season either.

Expecting a win, hoping for a win. Will be disappointed if the team loses but I will lick my wounds and move on.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:42 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*

I would be shocked, honestly. While their offense can be very productive, their defense is awful. I mean awful awful. For us to lose to Carolina in week one we'd have to have a really bad day on both sides of the ball.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

For me it's all about how they lost that would be the gauge of my emotional status. If they lost on a fluke play or it was one whale of a game that we just came up short, I can deal with that.

If we got waxed and looked like a joke...That's where I would need meds.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:20 am 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
I'll be shocked, but i won't fly off the handle like 98% of .net will.

Good point, my jaw will be on the floor, but it is way too early to let one loss determine the outcome of the season.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:39 am 
NET Veteran

Here's our 10AM east coast road schedule:
@ Carolina
@ Houston
@ Indianapolis
@ Atlanta
@ NYG

Historically, west coast teams on the east coast at 10AM only win 22% of their games. On average, we should win ONE of these games, going 1-4. A playoff caliber team should at least go 2-3. An extremely dominant team might go 3-2. In 2011, when SF went 13-3, they squeaked out two of their 10AM east coast games against an 8-8 Philly team and a 9-7 Bengal team by a combined 6 points. Last year in their only 10AM east coast game, they drubbed a lowly NYJ club. Yeah, that's right, we play more 10AM east coast games than SF played the last two years combined. Way to try to keep a good team down NFL.

We don't play any scrub teams on the road at 10AM this year. Not one of those teams is as bad as the three teams SF played in the past three years. Winning 2 of those 5 will be hard, but not impossible. Win 3 and I think it will show this team is the Super Bowl favorite. Of all those teams, Carolina is the most beatable IMO. So if we lose that game, we're still a playoff team, but it won't bode well for us taking 2 of the next 4 10AM games. I think we beat Carolina, we beat Indy, but Houston, Atlanta and the Gints will all be tough ones to win. I think we still make the playoffs if we lose to Carolina, but I don't think, with SF's easy road schedule, that we win the division.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:27 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

The opener is a HUGE game. With the 49ers coming into town in Week #2, we really don't want to start 0-1 and have lots of extra pressure to win that one. Conversely, it's possible the 49ers head into that game at 0-1 as well as they play the Packers in Week #1 so who knows. It would be great to hang 0-2 on them out of the gate. As much as we like to rub the Whiners fans noses in the crap of that 42-13 ownage last December, come this season it means nothing. The one thing to feel strongly about is C Link will be rocking, it's our home opener, it's SNF, and I think our defense will really handle the Niners without Crabtree.

Playing in Carolina at 10 am, most likely in considerable heat and humidity, is not going to be an easy task. We were lucky to get out of there last season with a win, although our offense was still clunking along. If Newton would have thrown an easy pass to an open receiver, we would have last that game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost in Carolina, but I agree this place would be a Carnival of Kneejerk Catastrophe.

Every week this season is truly huge. We MUST win the West, if not get HFA. That was our script during the 2005 season of glory. I'd much rather have two home games to win to get to the Super Bowl instead of having to go on the road again.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:30 am 
NET Veteran

SalishHawkFan wrote:
@ Carolina
@ Houston
@ Indianapolis
@ Atlanta
@ NYG

Historically, west coast teams on the east coast at 10AM only win 22% of their games. On average, we should win ONE of these games, going 1-4. A playoff caliber team should at least go 2-3. An extremely dominant team might go 3-2. In 2011, when SF went 13-3, they squeaked out two of their 10AM east coast games against an 8-8 Philly team and a 9-7 Bengal team by a combined 6 points. Last year in their only 10AM east coast game, they drubbed a lowly NYJ club. Yeah, that's right, we play more 10AM east coast games than SF played the last two years combined. Way to try to keep a good team down NFL.

We don't play any scrub teams on the road at 10AM this year. Not one of those teams is as bad as the three teams SF played in the past three years. Winning 2 of those 5 will be hard, but not impossible. Win 3 and I think it will show this team is the Super Bowl favorite. Of all those teams, Carolina is the most beatable IMO. So if we lose that game, we're still a playoff team, but it won't bode well for us taking 2 of the next 4 10AM games. I think we beat Carolina, we beat Indy, but Houston, Atlanta and the Gints will all be tough ones to win. I think we still make the playoffs if we lose to Carolina, but I don't think, with SF's easy road schedule, that we win the division.

I see Carolina as must win and a split between Houston and Indianapolis and Atlanta and NYG as the best case scenerio but less than likely. More likely is 2-3 and we must win the Thursday and Monday games against the Cardinals and Rams that would leave us at 4-4 maybe 5-3 on the road and that should be enough for at least the number 2 seed and with 1 home game and roll the dice in the NFC championship.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:35 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

SalishHawkFan wrote:
@ Carolina
@ Houston
@ Indianapolis
@ Atlanta
@ NYG

Good thoughts. I, for one, think the Giants are very beatable.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:41 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

Losing a road opener is never a shock. I think we're the better team and are capable of winning, but a loss at the first game on the other side of the country wouldn't be a huge deal, I don't think.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 am 
NET Veteran

One thing would be needed, a cage around Seahawks. Net to protect the members from the 49ers fans wanting to have a pound of flesh.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:36 am 
NET Veteran

AbsolutNET wrote:
Losing a road opener is never a shock. I think we're the better team and are capable of winning, but a loss at the first game on the other side of the country wouldn't be a huge deal, I don't think.

It didn't slow down the '05 team which looked very poor in their road opener at Jax. I'm with this - though wouldn't be thrilled either.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

For the love of everything holy, the game kicks off at 1:00 local time in Carolina, not 10:00 am. It is only 10:00 am where most of you are. Arrrrggghhh.!!! (Pulls more hair out...)

Earliness has nothing to do with it you goofballs. And I don't want to hear any freaking stats, so spare me.

I hope we lose the first game only for the purposes of backing-off the media hype, and allowing the team to know what it feels like early on. Then they can settle in and go about kicking heiney the rest of the way.

Losing is the last step in becoming a winner.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:46 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

chris98251 wrote:
One thing would be needed, a cage around Seahawks. Net to protect the members from the 49ers fans wanting to have a pound of flesh.

Are you kidding? They are more likely to lose week one than we are. The packers are taking them out in week one. I would say there is a very fair chance that week two is a battle of two 0-1 teams for our home opener and by "very fair" I mean 30-35%.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:56 am 
NET Veteran

HoustonHawk82 wrote:
For the love of everything holy, the game kicks off at 1:00 local time in Carolina, not 10:00 am. It is only 10:00 am where most of you are. Arrrrggghhh.!!! (Pulls more hair out...)

Earliness has nothing to do with it you goofballs. And I don't want to hear any freaking stats, so spare me.

So, are you of the mind that the concepts of jetlag and body clocks are complete fabrications? Genuinely curious. You tell us not to quote you the stats, but let's face it, the stats undeniably demonstrate that west coast teams perform poorly at 10:00 AM PST (or 1:00 PM EST). I'm not sure why you're so outraged at people bringing up the idea that 10:00 AM games are tough when both the stats and our eyeballs back it up.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:14 pm 
NET Rookie

I think a lot of people are underestimating the Panthers... Do I think they're a playoff team, no. But it wouldn't surprise me if SEA lost (tough road opener environment).

Week 1 & 2:

I think the most likely scenario is the SEA win both @ Carolina and vs. the 49ers... They start 2-0. The Niners win at home vs. the Pack, but lose at SEA. Rams win at home vs. the Cardinals and lose in ATL; and the Cardinals lose at the Rams and win at home vs. the Lions...

SEA: 2-0
SF: 1-1
STL: 1-1
ARI: 1-1

Weeks 3-5:

SEA: Jaguars (W), @ Texans (L), @ Colts (L)
SF: Colts (W), @ Rams TNF (L), Texans SNF (W)
STL: @ Cowboys (L), 49ers (W), Jaguars (W)
ARI: @ Saints (L), @ Bucs (L), Panthers (W)

SEA: 3-2
SF: 3-2
STL: 3-2
ARI: 2-3

Weeks 6-8

SEA: Titans (W), @ Arizona TNF (W), @ Rams MNF (L)
SF: Arizona (W), @ Titans (W), @ Jaguars - London (W)
STL: @ Texans (L), @ Panthers (L), Seahawks MNF (W)
ARI: @ 49ers (L), Seahawks TNF (L), Falcons (L)

SF: 6-2
SEA: 5-3
STL: 4-4
ARI: 2-6

Weeks 9-11

SEA: Bucs (W), @ Falcons (L), Vikings (W)
SF: Bye, Panthers (W), @ Saints (L)
STL: Titans (W), @ Colts (L), Bye
ARI: Bye, Texans (L), @ Jaguars (W)

SF: 7-3
SEA: 7-4
STL: 5-5
ARI: 3-7

Weeks 12-14

SEA: Bye, Saints MNF (W), @ 49ers (L)
SF: @ Redskins MNF (L), Rams (W), Seahawks (W)
STL: Bears (W), @49ers (L), @ Cardinals (W)
ARI: Colts (L), @ Eagles (L), Rams (L)

SF: 9-4
SEA: 8-5
STL: 7-6
ARI: 3-10

Weeks 15-17

SEA: @ NYG (L), Cardinals (W), Rams (W)
SF: @ Bucs (W), Falcons MNF (W), @ Cardinals (W)
STL: Saints (W), Bucs (W), @ Seahawks (L)
ARI: @ Titans (L), @ Seahawks (L), 49ers (L)

SF: 12-4 - 2nd Seed
SEA: 10-6 - 5th Seed
STL: 9-7
ARI: 3-13

The Niners' away schedule is so much better than the Seahawks... :snack:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:22 pm 
NET Veteran

NinerBuff wrote:
I think a lot of people are underestimating the Panthers... Do I think they're a playoff team, no. But it wouldn't surprise me if SEA lost (tough road opener environment).

Week 1 & 2:

I think the most likely scenario is the SEA win both @ Carolina and vs. the 49ers... They start 2-0. The Niners win at home vs. the Pack, but lose at SEA. Rams win at home vs. the Cardinals and lose in ATL; and the Cardinals lose at the Rams and win at home vs. the Lions...

SEA: 2-0
SF: 1-1
STL: 1-1
ARI: 1-1

Weeks 3-5:

SEA: Jaguars (W), @ Texans (L), @ Colts (L)
SF: Colts (W), @ Rams TNF (L), Texans SNF (W)
STL: @ Cowboys (L), 49ers (W), Jaguars (W)
ARI: @ Saints (L), @ Bucs (L), Panthers (W)

SEA: 3-2
SF: 3-2
STL: 3-2
ARI: 2-3

Weeks 6-8

SEA: Titans (W), @ Arizona TNF (W), @ Rams MNF (L)
SF: Arizona (W), @ Titans (W), @ Jaguars - London (W)
STL: @ Texans (L), @ Panthers (L), Seahawks MNF (W)
ARI: @ 49ers (L), Seahawks TNF (L), Falcons (L)

SF: 6-2
SEA: 5-3
STL: 4-4
ARI: 2-6

Weeks 9-11

SEA: Bucs (W), @ Falcons (L), Vikings (W)
SF: Bye, Panthers (W), @ Saints (L)
STL: Titans (W), @ Colts (L), Bye
ARI: Bye, Texans (L), @ Jaguars (W)

SF: 7-3
SEA: 7-4
STL: 5-5
ARI: 3-7

Weeks 12-14

SEA: Bye, Saints MNF (W), @ 49ers (L)
SF: @ Redskins MNF (L), Rams (W), Seahawks (W)
STL: Bears (W), @49ers (L), @ Cardinals (W)
ARI: Colts (L), @ Eagles (L), Rams (L)

SF: 9-4
SEA: 8-5
STL: 7-6
ARI: 3-10

Weeks 15-17

SEA: @ NYG (L), Cardinals (W), Rams (W)
SF: @ Bucs (W), Falcons MNF (W), @ Cardinals (W)
STL: Saints (W), Bucs (W), @ Seahawks (L)
ARI: @ Titans (L), @ Seahawks (L), 49ers (L)

SF: 12-4 - 2nd Seed
SEA: 10-6 - 5th Seed
STL: 9-7
ARI: 3-13

The Niners' away schedule is so much better than the Seahawks... :snack:

That's some nice koolaid you be drinkin'.....our road schedule is hard but let's not get ridiculous it's more likely....

Seattle 12-4
SF 11-5
Lambs 8-8
Cards 6-10

49ers are no better than last year and Crabtree's loss will hurt. Seattle is better than last year. The Rams are NOT going to sneak up on anybody this year and their WR corps is too young. And Carson Palmer is light years ahead of anything the Cards had last year and they do get their Tackle back and they got that G Cooper or Womack forget which so that OL should be better.

Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:27 pm 
NET Veteran

Winning any game in the NFL is hard.

Winning on the road is even harder

Winning on the road against an above average team in their season opener is even harder

We have built a team that has the potential to compete and win this game but by no means is it a sure thing. Four of our first five games are going to be a challenge.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 pm 
NET Veteran

Agreed, that's why the game is about as important as a week 1 game can be from a tone setting perspective. It won't kill the season if we lose but it sure would set us on the right foot for that Houston/Indianapolis pairing and from there the ball can really get rolling if it goes right.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:39 pm 
NET Rookie

KCHawkGirl wrote:
That's some nice koolaid you be drinkin'.....our road schedule is hard but let's not get ridiculous it's more likely....

Seattle 12-4
SF 11-5
Lambs 8-8
Cards 6-10

49ers are no better than last year and Crabtree's loss will hurt. Seattle is better than last year. The Rams are NOT going to sneak up on anybody this year and their WR corps is too young. And Carson Palmer is light years ahead of anything the Cards had last year and they do get their Tackle back and they got that G Cooper or Womack forget which so that OL should be better.

You may be right about the Cardinals, but I think you're not giving the Rams enough credit. Still, the road games...

SEA: @ Panthers 10am, @ Texans 10am, @ Colts 10am, @ Cardinals TNF, @ Rams MNF, @ Falcons 10am, @ Niners 1pm, @ NYG 10am

There really isn't any gimmes there. The easiest opponent (Arizona) is on a Thursday, and statistically, road teams on TNF games are bad. I think you guys win one of the Texans / Colts / Falcons / Giants games, even if I put all of those games as loses above.

SF: @ Seahawks SNF, @ Rams TNF, @ Titans 1pm, @ Jaguars (London 10am), @ Saints 1pm, @ Redskins MNF, @ Bucs 10am, @ Cardinals 1pm

Titans and Jags should be gimmes, I doubt they win @ SEA or @ STL, but I think they can win 1 or 2 of the Bucs / Saints / Redskins games

Essentially, for two good teams, our away schedule gives us another 2 wins, and we get 1 less home win than you guys...

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:43 pm 
* NET Baller *

Seahawks will not lose to that turnover machine in Indy, I guarantee it.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:02 pm 
NET Veteran

We didn't lose any game last year by more than 7 points, and are a better team with our draft and FA aquisitions plus a full off-season for Dangeruss to work with offense. 12-4.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:09 pm 
NET Veteran

NinerBuff wrote:
KCHawkGirl wrote:

Seattle 12-4
SF 11-5
Lambs 8-8
Cards 6-10

You may be right about the Cardinals, but I think you're not giving the Rams enough credit. Still, the road games...

SEA: @ Panthers 10am, @ Texans 10am, @ Colts 10am, @ Cardinals TNF, @ Rams MNF, @ Falcons 10am, @ Niners 1pm, @ NYG 10am

There really isn't any gimmes there. The easiest opponent (Arizona) is on a Thursday, and statistically, road teams on TNF games are bad. I think you guys win one of the Texans / Colts / Falcons / Giants games, even if I put all of those games as loses above.

SF: @ Seahawks SNF, @ Rams TNF, @ Titans 1pm, @ Jaguars (London 10am), @ Saints 1pm, @ Redskins MNF, @ Bucs 10am, @ Cardinals 1pm

Titans and Jags should be gimmes, I doubt they win @ SEA or @ STL, but I think they can win 1 or 2 of the Bucs / Saints / Redskins games

Essentially, for two good teams, our away schedule gives us another 2 wins, and we get 1 less home win than you guys...

I don't worry about New Orleans (bad defense and Ryan's scheme takes serious time to learn and it's a MNF we are locks on that night home or away just look it up) knowing that we take the Rams in StL because MNF, the game I worry about is the Cards on Thurs because the road usually loses those games no matter what. I am in disagreement with most here in thinking Houston will be our victory in the Houston/Indy pair but either would serve and going by the stats Indy's defense is worse.......NYG is beatable and well Atlanta.....we should have won last year so that should be an interesting game that if one week later would be a flex game for sure.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:13 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

Buff. You missed the part where you lose to the Pack in week one. No way in Hell you beat them three consecutive times and without Crabtree.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:09 pm 
NET Rookie

bestfightstory wrote:
Buff. You missed the part where you lose to the Pack in week one. No way in Hell you beat them three consecutive times and without Crabtree.

2012 Week 1: 7 catches, 76 yds, 0 TDs (Alex Smith)
2013 Divisional Round: 9 catches, 119 yds, 2 TDs (Colin Kaepernick)

The story line with Crabtree will definitely be a big one... But Vernon was really a non-factor until the NFCCG with Kaep. Plus the addition of Anquan will alleviate some of the loss. But there's no way around losing your best receiving option. I do find it interesting that Vegas didn't move our line for SB favorites (in fact, Las Vegas Hotel and Casino, LVH, actually dropped the odds from 6-1 down to 5-1... http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/6/25/4 ... s-division) and we stayed at 11.5 wins after the Crabtree injury.

Interestingly, with Gronk injuries and Hernandez's date with the big house, the Pats didn't move either.

Division odds:

SF: 5/6
SEA: 11/10
STL: 10/1
ARI: 30/1

Now, 5/6 and 11/10 are really close and Vegas is in the business of making $$ not necessarily picking the winners. They want even $$ on both sides. Still, it is interesting that losing the #1 WR didn't change the numbers, and in fact, actually improved the line.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:12 pm 
NET Veteran

It's all about getting the money to both sides not about the actual odds of winning so pretty irrelevant.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:12 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Stop wasting our time with stupid questions. What good does that do?

That is an irrelevant, hypothetical question because there is no way in hell the Seahawks are going to lose that game or the next one.

A better question would be how much are the Seahawks going to win by in the first game.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:20 pm 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

Quote:
DavidSeven wrote:
HoustonHawk82 wrote:

So, are you of the mind that the concepts of jetlag and body clocks are complete fabrications? Genuinely curious. You tell us not to quote you the stats, but let's face it, the stats undeniably demonstrate that west coast teams perform poorly at 10:00 AM PST (or 1:00 PM EST). not sure why you're so outraged at people bringing up the idea that 10:00 AM games are tough when both the stats and our eyeballs back it up.

So, do you think Chuck Norris can't kick the same guy's ass at 8:00am as he can at 1:00 in the afternoon? If he lost the fight in the morning, and won at 1:00pm, would he blame it on the time of day or on timezone differences? Nope. He is a finely-tuned fighting machine no matter where he is at or what time it is.

The team is from Seattle, and because the sun runs east to west, the clock is different. The only difference is what time you go to sleep the night before, and if the crowd screams when you are on offense, or when you are on defense.

Pro athlete? Train correctly. Sleep correctly. Eat correctly. Get good advice (when you can) and make sure you wear the correct size shoes. Follow the rules. When the whistle blows you will be ready to play or you will be replaced. Doesn't matter where the little hand and the big hand are on a clock, it is where that big yellow orb is in the sky is that is important.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:28 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I've been saying for months that the Panthers game scares the shit out of me.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:27 pm 
NET Rookie

If we are going to seriously contend for a Super Bowl, home field advantage will be key. Look at our schedule, we just can't afford to drop games to sub-par or mediocre teams. Last year was the "growing year" in my eyes, the year when we struggled against inferior teams like Detroit and Miami. And you know what, those games are what ultimately cost us a trip to the NFC championship and possibly the Super Bowl. This year MUST be the year where we capitalize on our potential and allow no surprises or slips. It's going to be dead heat between us and the 49ers down the stretch. So yeah, a loss to the Panthers would be shocking.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:59 pm 
NET Veteran

DavidSeven wrote:

Good post. But I also can't help but to see the flip side... we finished last regular season one win away from the division title and a home playoff game. A week one loss to a team we should fairly easily handle would put us behind the 8-ball.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
I feel like some people are underrating the Panthers here, though if they are still in the position of running guys like Captain Munnerlyn out there at corner, Seattle should have a better team that wins on a neutral field seven times out of ten or so.

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I wouldn't be surprised even a little bit if we lost that first week. And i'll be even less concerned then surprised. We always seem to start off the year kind of slow. No big deal.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:50 pm 
NET Starter

ok.... i'm convinced.... we're going 0-16.... :sarcasm_off:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]