NBA Summer FA/Trade Thread

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
That's a pretty good trade all around. The Kings appear to be trying to shed any players to beat Boston to the bottom.

Where does Rondo go?

m0ng0

Reaction score
I saw that, Portland just absorbs Lopez's contract? Don't know much about him but another big with potential in a not so good free agent class is ok I suppose. Between T Robinson for scrubs and possibly this deal we are not giving up much and getting some potential !

Olshey seems to be gathering assets.

Throwdown

Reaction score
God damn it, if Sacramento is planning on tanking I'm gonna be pissed

2014 first round draft pick to Cleveland
Sacramento's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-12 in 2014, 1-10 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016 or 1-10 in 2017; if Sacramento has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Cleveland by 2017, then Sacramento's 2017 2nd round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Cleveland will be extinguished) [Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011]

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

Cuz I don't understand this at all, do they have a first rounder or not?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":n3sjbktf said:
God damn it, if Sacramento is planning on tanking I'm gonna be pissed

2014 first round draft pick to Cleveland
Sacramento's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-12 in 2014, 1-10 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016 or 1-10 in 2017; if Sacramento has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Cleveland by 2017, then Sacramento's 2017 2nd round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Cleveland will be extinguished) [Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011]

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

Cuz I don't understand this at all, do they have a first rounder or not?

If there pick lands in the top 12 then they keep it, if it falls after 12 then it goes to Cleveland.

Atradees

Reaction score
Robin Lopez about 5 million a year. Strong shotblocker. Not a good defensive player or rebounder.

Robinlopez zps7febb910

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Trav, we naturally just assume youre being a jackass. No need to quantify it, sweetie. Thats a good move for the Spurs, seems like a Spur, always kind of has.

Jseahawks, I think TRob may end up being more than a back-up. Dude's got game...he just fell through the cracks. Really odd and fluke thing, IMO.

TravTex

Reaction score
pehawk":1odbej8h said:
Trav, we naturally just assume youre being a jackass. No need to quantify it, sweetie. Thats a good move for the Spurs, seems like a Spur, always kind of has.

Jseahawks, I think TRob may end up being more than a back-up. Dude's got game...he just fell through the cracks. Really odd and fluke thing, IMO.

Great -- Saves time that way.

He's a good fit. An upgrade to fill in the Gary Neal slot. Spurs are a terrible team to follow if you like any kind of flashy off-season or draft moves, but it doesn't look like the sky is falling just yet. Parker should sustain. Little bit of fall-off for Duncan to be expected. I don't think Tiago is going to get MUCH better, so that 9 million figure doesn't impress me. Green should continue to improve. Kawhi Leonard is going to be a superstar, I think. Belinelli should thrive in the Spurs' system -- They'll find him more open jumpers than the Bulls could.

Manu got a 'thanks for the memories' contract, which annoys me a bit. Not surprising, as they've shown pretty consistently willing to 'Do Right' by their players. Neither Tiago's nor Manu's contract qualify for 'worst Spurs contract in history of the world'. Jefferson's contract sucked. Worst for me has to be Scola's 0 years for 0 million.

Still can NOT understand Pop's Forever Bonner project, though.

[youtube]A-lYMDHoAfg[/youtube]

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
As far as Bonner, the NBA carries locker room types. More than any other sport, theyll save a guy who adds comic or morale relief. David Wingate was ALWAYS part of where ever Ewing went for awhile. Juwuan Howard for the Heat, same thing. I'm drawing a blank, but there's tons more dudes like that.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It sounds like GS just cleared cap space in deal with the Jazz... And got Andre Iguadala, NICE!!!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't trust race traitors. Link or specifics, pookie?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Thanks, G. I guess I'm too busy following Huntermoore to keep track of the legit stuff.

Wow, Iggy on the Warriors. Perfect fit for him, hell, identical team (with better shooters) to the Nuggets anyways. I like this better than getting Howard for GS. Howard would've cost them Lee, and I really like Lee. Now, they have Iggy who can play 1 through 4, and rotate Bogut or Lee depending on who they play. Oh, and their opponents better not double because they have shooters. Great roster and philosophy.

Mark Jackson will get George Karls ring, with identical squad. Possibly…

Throwdown

Reaction score
They also aren't out of the running for Howard, they could get their own big 3 here as soon as today, depending on what Howard decides.