Another QB rankings list

The Radish

Reaction score
I agree with some of his picks but not his reason for them.

He is pretty much a stat guy and if you don't have lots of stats to fall back on you're not going to make his top 15.

He thinks Karp is great with half a season but belittles Wilson for only having half a season. Typical talking head figuring.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sp ... ngs2013/1/

:les:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So let me get this straight...both Keapernick and Romo are rated above Wilson? Yeah nothing to see here move along.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":13kjli11 said:
So let me get this straight...both Keapernick and Romo are rated above Wilson? Yeah nothing to see here move along.

Thanks for the warning, not gonna read anymore

The Outfield

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2yqihubj said:
KCHawkGirl":2yqihubj said:

Yeah, thanks for the warning so that I didn't click the link and give ad revenue to the author.

kira

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1yv3zw7x said:
KCHawkGirl":1yv3zw7x said:

Lol you can flipflop Willson and Keap and no one will call you crazy outside of each others fan base.....
I don't see why Standford Romo Ryan Rivers and RG3 Are ahead of Keap and Willson they both should be ranked ahead of those guys easy and can make a case for Cam Flacco and even Luck..
I guess they both need to prove more *glares at RG3 and Luck* After this year I know they both will be on the top 10 if it wasn't for name sake they might even make a case for both being top 5 after this year if they progress like they should... I would even say within 3 years they should be 1 and 1a just for the simple reason they do EVERYTHING. Those to are a nightmare to plan for. The only teams that can train for them are each other.

Why because they are both Pocket passers who can run unlike most of the other QB's who are RB's who ran throw or Pocket Passers. It takes keeps the defense on its heals and makes it so you don't know what they are going to do if you don't leave a person there to watch them they can run if you crowed them to much they will kill you with there arms.

rlkats

Reaction score
The list is retarded. Completely wrong Kap should be #1 :stirthepot: JK, wilson over or under kap does not concern me. But they both deserve to be higher than Tony Romo.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I only say Wilson should be slightly ahead of Keapernick by virtue of being virtually identical statiscally and playing more games and being pretty much at the top of the NFL quarterback wise for his last 8 or so games. But right now Keap and Wilson is kind of a pick em deal. Both should be ahead of Luck and Romo and right there with RG3.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
"The little man has a big future" LOL!

He is obviously not a Seahawk fan if he is saying things like this.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
The Radish":srbggwim said:
I agree with some of his picks but not his reason for them.

He is pretty much a stat guy and if you don't have lots of stats to fall back on you're not going to make his top 15.

He thinks Karp is great with half a season but belittles Wilson for only having half a season. Typical talking head figuring.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sp ... ngs2013/1/

:les:

Not sure you can say they BOTH only had a half a season. Kaepernick wasn't the starter for half the season. Wilson's first 8 games won't be ignored just because PC didn't trust him yet. In reality we have no idea if Wilson would have played better or worse if PC wasnt holding onto the leash in the beginning.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
In no sane conception of the universe is Wilson going to be the 16th best QB in the NFL next year.

kearly

Reaction score
I could go line by line on how dumb that list is. I won't, but I'm curious: On what planet is Russell Wilson a league average QB?

Also, why is it that Andrew Luck is the proven stud and Wilson is the one with everything to prove (when every shred of evidence points to the exact opposite conclusion)?

Last comment- I'm guessing the author of that piece was at least in his forties. Lot of old fashioned thinking in that list. I know I couldn't have been the only one to notice that his top 10 was 100% Caucasian. The first black QB doesn't check in until #12. I wouldn't rule out some subtle racism there, especially since Wilson, RG3, and Kaepernick are all no-doubter top 10 guys according to pretty much the rest of the universe. At a minimum this is a guy who REALLY underestimates the advent of the read option and of the new prototypical NFL QB. And this comes just months after a draft where every "classical" QB went in the 4th round or later. Even Matt Barkley fell to the 4th as he didn't fit the new profile.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
That list is laughable, and a joke at best.

I'm sorry, Wilson is not on the same level as guys like Romo and Dalton. I wouldn't want either one of those turds commanding my offense if I was running the show. Shit, Romo just now realized he should be spending time going over footage. How a loser that can't win playoff games is ahead of Wilson is beyond me...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1v0k37x7 said:
That list is laughable, and a joke at best.

I'm sorry, Wilson is not on the same level as guys like Romo and Dalton. I wouldn't want either one of those turds commanding my offense if I was running the show. Shit, Romo just now realized he should be spending time going over footage. How a loser that can't win playoff games is ahead of Wilson is beyond me...
Because he is on "America's" team. He was ordered by Jerrah to do what any elite level quarterback does naturally as breathing, now that is laughable.

hawker84

Reaction score
How is Tomy Romo on any list, this just in... Tony Romo has done nothing to this point in his career, NOTHING!!!!! He belongs on this list.

Tony Romo
Mark Sanchez
Matt Schaub
Josh Freeman
Mike Vick
Jay Cutler
Carson Palmer
Phillip Rivers
Matt Stafford
Alex Smith

I'm sure I'm missing a few... but you get the point.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":giegp0zd said:
Also, why is it that Andrew Luck is the proven stud and Wilson is the one with everything to prove (when every shred of evidence points to the exact opposite conclusion)?

Self-generated media buzz confirmation. They can't admit they spent the last two years talking up Andrew Luck and have him not be the best at everything. Everyone's gotta be right. :roll:

It's getting very tiresome, in my opinion. This guy might get into the Hall of Fame because of the media buzz created from before he was even friggin' drafted. He's still riding the media high of that crap. Don't misunderstand me, it's not Luck's fault; and from what I can tell/what I've seen, he hasn't gone fishing for media attention.

The media just got enamored with him and hasn't yet let go, similar to the Tim Tebow situation.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2u6oxynr said:
How is Cam Newton rated higher than Kaep and Russ?

Gotta agree here. I won't get into the Kaep/Wilson debate (again), but there are several QBs I wouldn't put above either of them that are on that list. Cam? Romo? Seriously? Even Ryan and his annual January choke-job should be lower. Stafford? Lots of yards but not many wins.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Marvin49":rdi1jpl2 said:
CALIHAWK1":rdi1jpl2 said:
How is Cam Newton rated higher than Kaep and Russ?

Gotta agree here. I won't get into the Kaep/Wilson debate (again), but there are several QBs I wouldn't put above either of them that are on that list. Cam? Romo? Seriously? Even Ryan and his annual January choke-job should be lower. Stafford? Lots of yards but not many wins.

The only thing I can think is that the writer assumes that both Wilson and Kaep will regress :|

I mean, Phillip Rivers? I thought I was high on him, even after a few bad years, but DAMN! And at this point having Luck / RGIII anywhere other than right next to Wilson / Kaep just means they haven't watched any of the games.

I guess I can understand moving all four guys down, due to lack of consistency over multiple years, but choosing Luck and RGIII over Wilson and Kaep shows ignorance by the writer...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerBuff":1z64cdix said:
I mean, Phillip Rivers? I thought I was high on him, even after a few bad years, but DAMN!
Rivers is a very good QB. Last year was his first year out of the past 6 years where he wasn't ranked in the top 8 QBs in the league by Football Outsiders, and he was ranked 22nd by them for 2012. He has been perennially underrated. It would be sad to see him decline now after having years of good performances wasted due to a crap team overall around him for so long.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have come to give little credit to any of these ranking things anymore. Some rank high, some rank low, but they all have one thing in common, an opinion.