Russell to rice vs patriots

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Russell to rice vs patriots
Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:58 pm
  • On espn today Ron jaworski was talking about Sam Bradford. He showed a play the Rams had against the patriots. It was literally the same play seattle had against them. The play was pretty close to the same yardage. Play action, roll out to right and hit his receiver at about the two after he split the safeties. I just thought it interesting
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Re: Russell to rice vs patriots
Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:53 pm
  • Pretty similar. The Rams version was well outside the hashes though; the Rice catch had him glide back into the middle. He basically split the middle of the field where he caught his.

Secondary play didn't appear to be a particular strength of the Pats last season.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:06 am
  • Rice is underrated by everyone, even Seahawks fans. With Harvin commanding a lot of defensive attention next year, I think Rice will step up and have a big year. Best #2 receiver in the league!
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:22 am
  • Aristotle22 wrote:On espn today Ron jaworski was talking about Sam Bradford. He showed a play the Rams had against the patriots. It was literally the same play seattle had against them. The play was pretty close to the same yardage. Play action, roll out to right and hit his receiver at about the two after he split the safeties. I just thought it interesting

Don't feel bad, Barney Fife, we have to be careful around here or Kip will make us all look like we should have paid closer attention. . .

I was surprised, actually, that we didn't test that Patriots secondary early and often, instead of making it a nail biter at the end like that. It is clear that some things were seen on tape in that Rams game.

I'm going to take two things from this observation:

1.) Russell probably knew that play would work. And...
    2.) The coaching staff had the wearwithall to do it at the right time.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:44 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:On espn today Ron jaworski was talking about Sam Bradford. He showed a play the Rams had against the patriots. It was literally the same play seattle had against them. The play was pretty close to the same yardage. Play action, roll out to right and hit his receiver at about the two after he split the safeties. I just thought it interesting

I was surprised, actually, that we didn't test that Patriots secondary early and often, instead of making it a nail biter at the end like that. .

I think that had something to do with Wilson still being the rookie and Pete hadn't given him all the reins just yet. If Wilson goes out slinging and makes a rookie mistake, they can't get back in it. Best game plan was ball control. When they got into the second half, Wilson took control of the team and brought them back for that win, it was all on Wilson anyways at that point so Pete pretty much had to go for it. But Wilson proved he was up to the task and after that Carroll said he would be opening up the playbook more.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:21 am
  • Aristotle22 wrote:On espn today Ron jaworski was talking about Sam Bradford. He showed a play the Rams had against the patriots. It was literally the same play seattle had against them. The play was pretty close to the same yardage. Play action, roll out to right and hit his receiver at about the two after he split the safeties. I just thought it interesting

I noticed the same thing. I have one pressing question thought, "Why in the puck aren't we seeing more of Ron Jaworski?!" The man is a phenomenal broadcaster and judge of QB talent! I hang on his every word and there is so much to be learned from his vast experience! More Jaworski please!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information