SF Fans can shut up about our teams problems now

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Some Niner fan would rather a guy bang his gf/wife than have his keys messed with? What world is he living in?

rlkats

Reaction score
-The Glove-":8vm5oyke said:
Some Niner fan would rather a guy bang his gf/wife than have his keys messed with? What world is he living in?

Im sorry but where does wife banging come into this conversation.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rlkats":lsqjyrc1 said:
-The Glove-":lsqjyrc1 said:

Im sorry but where does wife banging come into this conversation.
From Rich's post.

hey man, im not a violent guy or anything but if someone plays with my keys, they gonna get an ass whoopin and they deserved it. you just don't cross that line. i'd rather have some dude bang my wife/gf than pretend to throw my keys in the bushes.

rlkats

Reaction score
oh ok wow i totally blew passed that my bad. Also you should see the agression im getting towards me on niners forums. I made a post that stated Brooks should be cut due to past history and his current issue. So I hate to say it I completely see now where most of you come from. sorry to say

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rlkats":161c3jfl said:
oh ok wow i totally blew passed that my bad. Also you should see the agression im getting towards me on niners forums. I made a post that stated Brooks should be cut due to past history and his current issue. So I hate to say it I completely see now where most of you come from. sorry to say
That's ridiculous. If he was a Seahawk, I'd want his ass gone too. I don't think anyone backed Leroy Hill after his latest incident. Yeah, he's gotten old but good riddance.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I don't blame the fans for not wanting to see him released. He is a good player and this is the first issue since being a niner and also since 2008. Yes there are other instances but mostly seem alcohol related. It definitely puts Jimbob in a tough spot with his recent comments about PED's. I would think the smart thing to do would to somehow get him into an alcohol rehab and hold him accountable to not drinking. That and a stiff suspension/fine. If he is found to consume alcohol in the future then you follow through appropriately. Truth is if he were released another team would scoop him up immediately, so all your doing is hurting the team just to make an example.

At my work we have something like this and mandatory p-test's attached to it. Though it you can only test positive for a day or so, you don't know when you will be tested. If he comes up positive or is attached to any further alcohol related issues, then you drop the hammer.

rlkats

Reaction score
True true Rich it would be easier if Jim did not even comment on the PED use, but you know how he likes to stir the pot. Then you have the almighty Belicheat (BS) setting the example of cutting someone loose, locking sales of anything saying Hernandez (yes completely different issues) just to keep his locker room seem clean and happy happy. So it puts the Niners front office in a bad spot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rastahawk":1u7n89im said:
And here's Brooks #55 playing drunk...

[youtube]YL52QLZ9Rmw[/youtube]
LOL, Wilson made Brooks his beotch on that play!

NinerLifer

Reaction score
rideaducati":3mb0xspw said:
NinerLifer":3mb0xspw said:
rideaducati":3mb0xspw said:
I like it that whitner is spouting off about the ineptitude of the wr corps and he wants the niners to sign T.O. or Chad Johnson... it's all coming apart down there.

That's a little too much wishful thinking LOL.

Giving respect to veteran WR's in no way imply what you said.

Talk about reading between the lines and trying to :stirthepot:

His words were that the wide receivers were "not living up to expectations" and that the niners should bring in T.O. or Chad Johnson. I don't see how that is wishful thinking on my part.

https://twitter.com/dontewhitner/status ... 1738211329

"not living up to expectations" is nowhere in his tweet.

Where are you getting your information from?

ivotuk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3udz05dr said:
ivotuk":3udz05dr said:
If Divens backs out, I hope Goodell suspends him for at least 4 games. Because basically he would be condoning that kind of behavoir. I see it all the time with domestic violence, somebody calls, the Troopers show up and no one wants to press charges. Ridiculous.

Brooks needs a year suspension if for no other reason than that he threatened to go get his gun. That to me is crossing the line because it indicates 1. He has a gun and 2. when he is drunk, he would consider using it. Enough of this shit, if a PED charge requires a 4 game suspension, then any kind of violence requires 8 games, minimum.

There is nothing wrong with having a gun, but anyone that says "do I need to get my gun" shouldn't have one.

I see nothing wrong with owning guns, I have quite a few as I used to guide and do a lot of hunting. But too many people see guns as a status symbol, especially pistols. Whenever I had a client that showed up with a pistol, I would tell them to put it away because we were hunting with rifles and he was more likely to shoot himself, or me with it. I did have a few clients that hunted with a .454 Casull and I did pack one of those when I was guiding for Brown Bear, but only when it wasn't convenient to carry a rifle because all most pistols will do is piss off a bear.

But in this day and age, I believe the best weapon for self-defense is a stun gun. It will incapacitate an intruder or assailant much more efficiently than a gun sometimes. If you don't hit them in the right spot with a gun, they can still come at you, with a stun gun, you just have to make contact. Plus a stun gun is not deadly, so if you are a football player with an ego (which is 99% of them), and you've been drinking, you're not going to kill someone. A pistol is good for one thing only, killing, and that should never be done except in extreme situations.

Too many people who own guns have never taken safety courses or done any kind of shooting to become proficient with their weapon, then to add alcohol, and egos, it only makes it worse. I think it should be an NFL policy for players who insist on owning guns to register them and take some kind of training. Of course I someone would squawk about that, maybe the NFLPA, I don't know. But athletes and guns do not mix.

But no matter how much they do rookie symposiums and send out letters, and suspend players, there will always be some idiot who has to throw a party while associating with the dregs of society, or who feels the need to own a gun, combined with their desire to be "gangsta" and there will be ugly consequences. I've seen it before, as I'm sure many have and the only thing these people understand is incarceration. Maybe a good long suspension for Brooks will make other players take notice, but I doubt it.

Sounds like the local authorities are already trying to make this go away and my only hope is that Goodell is able to enforce some kind of penalty for this incident. If it goes unpunished, there will only be more because the attitude that a football player can do no wrong will be reinforced.

rlkats

Reaction score
:thumbup:

Wonderful poins ivotuk I completely agree. Well put.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) The problem isn't just the players it is their friends that often gets a fight started / pull a weapon etc and suddenly you have a star caught in a bad spot

2) I agree on the stun gun but just don't think it will take a hold "give me the keys or I am getting my stun gun" just doesn't carry the same weight...

Giedi

Reaction score
I think the Ahmad case, if he wasn't a high profile football player would have been dismissed already. I'm thinking the DA - if he treats this as a typical drunk brawl kind of situation - would not prosecute. At least that's how I'm thinking this is how it might end up.

mikeak

Reaction score
Problems with that

1) The victim made a recording to the police
2) The victim wanted the police to get involved
3) The victim retracted due to the best for his career

Sorry the law is in place for victims of violence so that they aren't pressured to pull their testimony. I realize this isn't a domestic abuse case etc but it is a work related reason why the complaint is pulled and the system should not allow people to be directly or indirectly intimidated so that criminal behavior can go on

I am sorry but hitting someone over the head with a bottle, punching them and threatening to get a gun gets people arrested. No I don't think he should be cut, no I don't think he should get prison time - I do think he should get a bracelet for 6 months and go to work then directly home, I think he should get a 6 game suspension minimum by the NFL. He assaulted an employee by this league / a team and that is not acceptable by the standards set recently. Pryor and Tressel had to sit out due to NCAA violations, BIg Ben for serving underage girl alcohol etc

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Giedi":2ygiza00 said:
I think the Ahmad case, if he wasn't a high profile football player would have been dismissed already. I'm thinking the DA - if he treats this as a typical drunk brawl kind of situation - would not prosecute. At least that's how I'm thinking this is how it might end up.

Sure you do.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Giedi":3lhauiaf said:
People have been prosecuted for much less

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
After reading 5 pages, I have a "Devils Advocate" mentality: What Brooks did to Divens is unforgivable...PERIOD!! However I think it's freakin' awesome because I can sense the "cracks" are becoming larger within the Whiner organization!! The culmination of this "melt-down" will be revealed on September 15th, 2013. So it is written...so it shall be done ha!!

bigtrain21

Reaction score
iX9CIGBzYK8LC.gif

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":26dm1vs1 said:
And Harbaugh's reaction?

ku-xlarge.gif

Actually, I believe Jim was on the phone with the airlines for his upcoming vacation and it went something like this:

I'm sorry Mr. Harbaugh, we've unfortunately overbooked our coach seating, but we will be able to upgrade you and your wife to first class at no charge.

rideaducati

Reaction score
GLOCKHAWK":2acgqpzg said:
After reading 5 pages, I have a "Devils Advocate" mentality: What Brooks did to Divens is unforgivable...PERIOD!! However I think it's freakin' awesome because I can sense the "cracks" are becoming larger within the Whiner organization!! The culmination of this "melt-down" will be revealed on September 15th, 2013. So it is written...so it shall be done ha!!

I think this season might start out like 2010 did for the niners. They expected to be great that year too.

Latest posts