"NFL Total Access": Richard Sherman

Laloosh

Reaction score
ivotuk":1igqwih2 said:
... Richard is selling his brand, and has been extremely successful at it. Just look at how he has gone from a 5th round draft pick to All Pro on the NFL set and in demand interviewee. Looks very masterful to me.

Alternatively, I think that the interviewer not even taking the time to memorize the questions on her little flash card says something about his "brand" outside of SEA. He's in demand because the network was expecting (more accurately, hoping for) something incendiary. I think he made the most of the interview. Got the message out about the camps while not taking the bait and overshadowing the message about the kids. Good job.

taz291819":1igqwih2 said:
E.C. Laloosh":1igqwih2 said:
Someone's got a crush...

His comment to the effect that he wasn't going to let anyone dictate how he answers a question made it pretty clear. He's not going to give the media what they want, which is drama. At least not right now.

All this talk about him being brilliant though? To me he looks a little uncomfortable during the back and forth with Skip and even in this interview. His speech pattern seems to change and it seems like he has a hard time finding the words when things get a little heated or should i say, "awkward"? This is just my opinion, but I don't get "brilliant media mastermind" from watching this kid talk on television.

Glad to see that he's reigning it in a bit though. I love the football player, not sure how I feel about the person yet.

I don't know about brilliant, but he is pretty damn smart. Athlete or not, graduating from Stanford isn't a walk in the park.

I wouldn't argue with that at all.

Subzero717

Reaction score
That is the best interview I have seen Richard Sherman do. That chick was lame but doing what she was told, no doubt.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3fboc3qd said:
That is the best interview I have seen Richard Sherman do. That chick was lame but doing what she was told, no doubt.
Exactly. Little in sports is about actual reporting anymore it's far more about creating controversy and storylines. More like talk radio than news actually.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At some point, he should just give them the big finger and only do interviews w/Fox or some other network.

grizbob

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1gvf73du said:
At some point, he should just give them the big finger and only do interviews w/Fox or some other network.

He's employed by the NFL and they're very big on PR, so possibly he's contractually obligated.

bobk3333

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2vvxfk84 said:
lol @ the people saying he's learned his lesson.

He's a smart dude. He is going to talk trash on his own terms, not be provoked into it. He came out swinging on skip brainless for that very reason; he didn't want to be provoked, he wanted to be the instigator for what he knew was going to happen anyways.

Look at all of the charity things the guys been doing, especially any of you who have a problem with him talking trash. He wouldn't have half the recognition he does if he didn't draw attention for himself, and he's known what he's been doing all along. And that notoriety has enabled him to get the word out and spend this offseason doing TONS of charity work, wither it was with the program where he went to all those schools in LA, his celebrity softball program, kicking off his Blanket Coverage foundation to supply kids in the seattle area with school supplies, just to name a few, there have been more.

This is a brilliant guy, who like Russell Wilson, isn't hesitating for a moment to turn around and use his success to help others. Neither are waiting for their big pay-day or just showing up, they are actively creating opportunities. On and off the field this team is almost too good to be true.

Richard Sherman is an inspiration for inner city kids. He is showing them that someone out of Compton can get a Stanford degee (he graduated a year early and then did one year towards a Stanford masters degree,) be an All-American and college star in track and field, rise to maybe the best cover corner in the NFL after only two seasons in spite of being drafted in fifth round, give back to the world by participating in dozens of community events, and still have fun with his jetskis (it is significant for a guy from Compton to have his own jetskis.) What is he going to do next, climb Mount Rainier?

The NFL Total Access host is Lindsay Rhodes, formerly Linsay Soto, who was born and raised in L.A., and covered high school sports there in the middle 2000s, while Richard Sherman was a star and a top recruit. I think she has a thing for Sherm. Whenever he is mentioned on the show, she starts smiling and gets a twinkle in her eye. She also wears sexy, tight, low-cut, cleavage-exposing outfits whever she is scheduled to interview him. She is his greatest advocate on national TV. She has also spoken out for the Seahawks and other players like Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson.

Is she hot?

soto-winking.jpg

I would say yes, for a professional and a career woman in a man's world. She first got noticed when she exposed some nipple doing a live interview during a Kings hockey game.

soto-vs.jpg

lindsay-soto.jpg

Yes, she does take advantage of her femininity and pushes the boundaries with players trying to get them to make attention-getting statements, but she has been good for the Seahawks and Richard Sherman's career, so I like her.

cacksman

Reaction score
The only thing I associate her reporting with is that Sherman interview and the one after the GB game with Carroll. Based on those 2 interviews, she is the worst.

warden

Reaction score
I think Pete and Richard had a little chat. Pete is teaching these guys. There is a better ways to conduct yourself in an interview lesson.

dunceface

Reaction score
It simply is that there was no initial disrespect so Sherman had nothing to respond to...

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":21o2vjn2 said:

Watched it this morning and that is EXACTLY what she was doing, and yes, that was far and above the best interview I've seen him do. This is one smart kid and I can't wait to see what havoc he will wreak in the next couple years.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyingGreg":22dswcid said:
Cartire":22dswcid said:
I dont even think its about taking the high road. Talking Trash is a skill set. Sherman fully uses it as a psychic assault on other players to gain an advantage. At this point during the off-season, there is little to no reason for him to be talking any trash. So he doesnt.

The networks just want to keep the controversy going because it brings in ratings.

Yup.

Double Yup.

godawg

Reaction score
Now that RS has the notoriety he has aspired to, I think we'll hear less of him off the field; but his on the field trash-talking is an effective tool for throwing receivers and QBs off their game, so I doubt it disappears.

NFL_Football2013

Reaction score
ivotuk":3e9lb3fj said:
E.C. Laloosh":3e9lb3fj said:
Hawknballs":3e9lb3fj said:
lol @ the people saying he's learned his lesson.

He's a smart dude. He is going to talk trash on his own terms, not be provoked into it. He came out swinging on skip brainless for that very reason; he didn't want to be provoked, he wanted to be the instigator for what he knew was going to happen anyways.

Look at all of the charity things the guys been doing, especially any of you who have a problem with him talking trash. He wouldn't have half the recognition he does if he didn't draw attention for himself, and he's known what he's been doing all along. And that notoriety has enabled him to get the word out and spend this offseason doing TONS of charity work, wither it was with the program where he went to all those schools in LA, his celebrity softball program, kicking off his Blanket Coverage foundation to supply kids in the seattle area with school supplies, just to name a few, there have been more.

This is a brilliant guy, who like Russell Wilson, isn't hesitating for a moment to turn around and use his success to help others. Neither are waiting for their big pay-day or just showing up, they are actively creating opportunities. On and off the field this team is almost too good to be true.

Someone's got a crush...

His comment to the effect that he wasn't going to let anyone dictate how he answers a question made it pretty clear. He's not going to give the media what they want, which is drama. At least not right now.

All this talk about him being brilliant though? To me he looks a little uncomfortable during the back and forth with Skip and even in this interview. His speech pattern seems to change and it seems like he has a hard time finding the words when things get a little heated or should i say, "awkward"? This is just my opinion, but I don't get "brilliant media mastermind" from watching this kid talk on television.

Glad to see that he's reigning it in a bit though. I love the football player, not sure how I feel about the person yet.

Disagree with you, I believe Sherman planned that interview and knew exactly what he was going to say. Any hesitancy was because the man was exhausted from doing charity work , you could see the fatigue on his face. I admire his ability to handle a tough situation like that with little to no sleep. I doubt many, if anyone on this board is capable of that.

Richard is selling his brand, and has been extremely successful at it. Just look at how he has gone from a 5th round draft pick to All Pro on the NFL set and in demand interviewee. Looks very masterful to me.

:34853_doh: i dont see how anyone could read this line and not think you are a homer.....