'Hawk Thoughts: Tight Ends

firebee

Reaction score
I'm liking our TE situation. Zach Miller is a stud at TE and I think he's due for a Pro Bowl type season. I believe Willson is going to be used as our long yardage 2nd TE. I think McGrath outperforms McCoy and we cut McCoy at the end of preseason, if not before. McCoy knows the system, but drops in critical situations leave a really bad impression. Mix that with his lumbering speed as a downfield threat and his inability to create yards after the catch; and I find myself waning away from him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Miller is a Pro Bowler already, we just seen his abilities used in the playoffs, he was doing that in Oakland and is why we signed him. Willson could have his arms cut off and be as effective as Moore was for us, so I'll concede he is an upgrade. I don't want an upgrade at TE I want impact player though to put a bunch of pressure on the Linebackers and slot guys already worried about our RB's and Harvin as well as Baldwin in the underneath stuff and swing routes. Then we see them hit the seam route and be big gainers when the defense cheats and opens up the longer routes.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The chemistry between RW and Miller is practically there already, IMO. I'm interested in seeing RW and L. Wilson do a similar mind meld because of the added speed element. If Luke can manage to wrestle the backup spot from Mcgrath, the Hawks will be sittin perty! Hopefully Fells makes it to the practice squad. Would love to see special red zone plays dialed up for him, but that's probably a bit optimistic as he likely won't be in the 53 if he manages to stay on the team.

A

Anonymous

Ya know, I do prefer to talk about tight ends rather than wideouts... :lol:

Can't wait to hear the announcers this year:

"Wilson under center... play action fake.... Wilson... Willson!... Separation!... Touchdown!"

How long do you think it'll take for them just to call them "Russell" and "Luke"?

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":4vfx67pl said:
I was under the impression that the Seahawks were thinking about Tight Ends like these.

Rls put their butts on display on instagram 640 41

You had me at thong.

Largent80

Reaction score
Regardless of speculation and pics, this team has only one TE on the roster that has played in the NFL. How in the hell can you be comfortable with that?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Largent80":slntlzjn said:
Regardless of speculation and pics, this team has only one TE on the roster that has played in the NFL. How in the hell can you be comfortable with that?
I'm not.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Scottemojo":218l1a67 said:
Largent80":218l1a67 said:
I'm not.
Zach Miller staying healthy will be key. Still, Wilson is special. What if Wilson makes Willson look like a Wilson in his first season just like we all hope Willson... will? Perhaps we'll eventually hear other teams looking for the next Willson as well.

There's only a few spots to be had there. So, unless you have a healthy, elite TE and a seasoned capable backup... not many teams are often exactly comfortable with a position like this. However... when you have a QB that can turn average players into great players and great players into elite players... I think we can rest easy. We just haven't had that luxury to know this is going to be the case for the foreseeable future! I think we're still perhaps in a bit of shock and haven't quite realized to the full extent just what we've now got at the QB position... and to think that the best is yet to come.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":lzogt8nq said:

Incorrect. Mcgrath has 'played in the NFL,' so that makes two including Miller.