Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post subject: NBA Summer FA/Trade Thread
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:55 pm 
* Report Button *

Even though athletically, he's my equal, I do REALLY like the Clippers getting Reddick. Paul can penetrate, Blake can demand double teams in the post, there's going to be open shots for Reddick. And, the Clips got that other guy (cant remember name right now) in the trade, who's a good shooter too.

Bledsoe is a good get for the Pistons as well. He's a solid, tier 2 PG in the league.

Post subject: Re: NBA Summer FA/Trade Thread
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:11 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I'm really curious to see where Greg Oden ends up. I still hope the big fella can have a good career. He was pretty good in the 3 games he actually played. Looks like Miami or San Antonio are the two most likely destinations for him and I think both would be great situations for him.

I'm also really hoping that Dwight Howard goes to Houston so the Blazers can make a move for Omar Asik.

Lastly, curious what you all think of Pierce and Garnett going to Brooklyn? Kind of screams of desperation to me and I don't see it working out very well and it also seems they killed their future with that trade.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 pm 
* NET Moderator *

pehawk wrote:
Even though athletically, he's my equal, I do REALLY like the Clippers getting Reddick.

I figured you more as a Luke Ridnour type. Small and scrappy and willing to do more then just stand behind the 3 point line.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:22 pm 
* Report Button *

The Brooklyn deal is horrible for them. To get KG to waive his no-trade clause, the Nets agreed to no buyout provision in his contract. Their on the hook for the FULL contract. It screws them for the near future.

BUT, its the East and KG and Peirce are gamey scrappers. They could make a run...only got 2 years to do it though.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:42 pm 
* NET Baller *

Bledsoe went to Phoenix I thought?

Either way, it'll be fun to watch the Knicks get softer when they get Bargnani.

I don't know what Bynums doing not willing to work out with teams, and I heard the Rockets are shopping Lin.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:49 pm 
* NET Baller *

JSeahawks wrote:
I'm really curious to see where Greg Oden ends up. I still hope the big fella can have a good career. He was pretty good in the 3 games he actually played. Looks like Miami or San Antonio are the two most likely destinations for him and I think both would be great situations for him.

I'm also really hoping that Dwight Howard goes to Houston so the Blazers can make a move for Omar Asik.

Lastly, curious what you all think of Pierce and Garnett going to Brooklyn? Kind of screams of desperation to me and I don't see it working out very well and it also seems they killed their future with that trade.

It's a dumb ass move, they weren't giving MarShon Brooks a chance because their owner is a title hungry freak who's out to grab every over rated player ever instead of letting young studs like Brooks and Lopez flourish. Lopez has, Brooks never got a chance, just wait til you guys see him in Boston this coming season.

Simply put it was a horrid move, they still won't beat the Heat with that team, Bron by himself will run them out the building still cuz their god damn old.

Also expect to see the Heat add some beef to their front court, they simply can't just go back with what they had, the Pacers will beat them, so will the Bulls.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:47 am 
NET Veteran

I meant to come over here and start a similar thread today, DANG!

Bledsoe went to PHX. I hate it. Not because it's a bad move for them (although it's INCREDIBLY confusing, they have 4 PG's on the roster now) but because I wanted him in Orlando with Oladipo.

I don't completely hate the NJ move. I would actually like it okay if it weren't for Jason Kidd being their coach. Maybe J. Kidd ends up being great, but I just don't think having a rookie coach running a team full of vets who are on a 1-2 yr plan is smart, but oh well.

I think JJ to the Clips is great for both Reddick and the LA, but sucky for me because I hate the Clips. Solid move. Reddick has done a really nice job finding, and working at his niche in the NBA. It looked for a few years that his career was going no where, obviously the "new" NBA trend of spacing the floor, pick and roll into corner 3's really helped but he's done good work. Who would have thought that Reddick's career would have lasted so much longer than Morrison going into that draft? Wow.

What I want to know is this -

What are your fantasy destinations for the remaining FA's, or players that have mentioned in trades, and why?

JSeahawks gave a couple that I agree with, I think.

I want Howard in Houston (if outer space is out of play), and if that frees Asik to PDX, even better.
I'd love to see Oden land in SA, although that doesn't look as likely with Splitter re-signing there.

The two that I can't figure out are Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala. Where's the best fits for their game? What the hell is Josh Smith's game anyway? I'm not really asking because I'm unfamiliar, it's more of a "Okay, I see what you can do, now how the hell do I make best use of it" thing. I don't hate his game, but I hate that he gets pinned as a Superstar. I'd kill myself if he was my favorite team's best player.

Iggy is somewhat similar, although I like him more. I'm just not sure that I'd be willing to pay him "superstar" money. There are about 1,000 guys in the league right now that either bring most of the skills that Iggy brings (but not all) or brings them all but not as well, and they all make a lot less money.

What / Who else is still out there?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:50 am 
* NET Baller *

I seen somewhere that Iggy & Smith might join up in Detroit... I wanna know how they're going to score at that point.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:53 am 
* Report Button *

My bad on Bledsoe.

I read that part of Houston's pitch to Dwight was Josh Smith joining him there. That doesn't make sense, IMO. He's a poor, poor mans Harden, IMO. He's to much of a volume scorer. I cant see if working in Houston. But, I hate Smith as a player.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:05 pm 
* NET Baller *

pehawk wrote:
My bad on Bledsoe.

I read that part of Houston's pitch to Dwight was Josh Smith joining him there. That doesn't make sense, IMO. He's a poor, poor mans Harden, IMO. He's to much of a volume scorer. I cant see if working in Houston. But, I hate Smith as a player.

Josh Smith or JR Smith? Sounds like you were describing JR, either one doesn't deserve a max contract at all.

Josh Smith would be fine to play along side Howard, has Howard ever had a PF like him along side him? I think that'd be a pretty interesting combo of Howard/Smith/Harden

JR Smith on the other hand is a 6th man who can never accept his role for whatever reason, i like him, but not as a starter and definitely not on a big ass contract like hes looking for.

It also looks like Tyreke Evans and the Pelicans are pretty chummy, what does that do with Eric Gordon who didn't want to be in New Orleans in the first place? Nice trade piece if they the Pelicans are looking to cash in on next years draft for Wiggins or Parker.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:08 pm 
* Report Button *

I mean Josh Smith. But, Ill admit I could be biased on this. I disconnected cable anytime the Hawks would be playing with Smith and Joe Johnson. Watching them made me PHYSICALLY ill. I hate anything and anyone having to do with those Hawks teams. Bunch of dudes chucking up HORRID shots.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:22 pm 
* NET Baller *

lol word, I only like Horford off ATL, but Johnsons in Brooklyn chuckin the ball around. Its a shame I really want to root for Brooklyn because I like their rebranding, but they keep bringing in players that I could care less about.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:29 pm 
* Report Button *

I'm with you on Brooklyn, I REALLY want to buy in. But man, villian from Layer Cake's just assembling ANY talent, regardless of position or the entire roster in mind.

In Miami, Wade took Marquette to a Final Four and won a title. LBJ took himself and 4 pehawks to the finals in 2007. And Bosh was the best player on an Olympic squad. It made sense...Brooklyn has nothing like that, really.

So, you're telling me, my hate of those Johnson/Smith Hawks teams is skewing my current opinion on Smith? As far as I was concerned those Hawks teams set shot-selection and the game back 20 years.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:31 pm 
* NET Baller *

Oh Smith is a chucker, just not to the magnitude of Johnson, JR Smith, and no where even close to Melo

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:44 pm 
* NET Baller *

Brad Stevens, Butler coach (Now former) is going to be the HC for Boston, interesting.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:59 pm 
* Report Button *

I like the move, REALLY like it. Ainge started HORRIBLE as a GM but is learning quickly. Great hire.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:38 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

I might just be a homer alarmist, but WTF SPURS?!?!?!? There are some charity contracts being handed out, here.

To begin free agency, how do you not waive Matt Bonner before his contract kicks in for 4 million? It does NOT cost that much to get a tall dude to go in and chuck up threes while we're up by twenty points.

Enter Tiago Splitter. 9 million a year for four years. Ugh. I wouldn't mind paying that for a big who couldn't get posted up by Dwayne Wade. He's 28, so I don't think he's going to suddenly fill out and acquire lower body strength.

Manu... Manu, Manu, Manu. Single-handedly costs the Spurs the Finals, and gets rewarded with 2 years, 14 million. It's like they're TRYING to suck.

San Antonio had cap room for the first time in forever, and just pissed it away. Tons of better options out there, tons. Yeah, cohesion is HUGE, but at a certain point you have to churn things up a bit. Particularly when Plan A is giving Matt Bonner four million bucks. Tell me the Spurs could not have done something better with 11 million per year than Bonner + Ginobli. *@#&*(@!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:46 am 
NET Veteran

I hope Portland makes a run at Asik or Milsap, we need a banger/garbageman in the middle as Aldridge is to finesse for that type of work.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:55 am 
* Report Button *

Milsap would be a nice compliment to LaMarcus.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am 
* NET Baller *

I love Milsap

Also theres a trade rumor out there, Pelicans would get Evans, Blazers would get Robin Lopez, Vasquez would go to the Kings.

Kings also pulled an offer from Iggy, that he wasn't too happy about cold feet about spending money lolz

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am 
* Report Button *

That's a pretty good trade all around. The Kings appear to be trying to shed any players to beat Boston to the bottom.

Where does Rondo go?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:06 am 
* NET Baller *

There have been rumbling of Rondo being on his way to Indiana.

Last edited by Throwdown on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:07 am 
NET Veteran

I saw that, Portland just absorbs Lopez's contract? Don't know much about him but another big with potential in a not so good free agent class is ok I suppose. Between T Robinson for scrubs and possibly this deal we are not giving up much and getting some potential !

Olshey seems to be gathering assets.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:13 am 
* NET Baller *

God damn it, if Sacramento is planning on tanking I'm gonna be pissed

Quote:
2014 first round draft pick to Cleveland
Sacramento's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-12 in 2014, 1-10 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016 or 1-10 in 2017; if Sacramento has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Cleveland by 2017, then Sacramento's 2017 2nd round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Cleveland will be extinguished) [Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011]

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

Cuz I don't understand this at all, do they have a first rounder or not?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:19 am 
* NET Moderator *

Throwdown wrote:
God damn it, if Sacramento is planning on tanking I'm gonna be pissed

Quote:
2014 first round draft pick to Cleveland
Sacramento's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-12 in 2014, 1-10 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016 or 1-10 in 2017; if Sacramento has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Cleveland by 2017, then Sacramento's 2017 2nd round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Cleveland will be extinguished) [Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011]

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

Cuz I don't understand this at all, do they have a first rounder or not?

If there pick lands in the top 12 then they keep it, if it falls after 12 then it goes to Cleveland.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:32 am 
* NET Baller *

Lord, I hope Silver doesn't rig the lottery for those bitches.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 pm 
NET Veteran

sounds like the Lopez deal is done
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... -And-Trade

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 pm 
* NET Moderator *

m0ng0 wrote:

Nice! So we (The Blazers) have picked up a starting center and a high upside backup big man and not given up a single roster player.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Robin Lopez about 5 million a year. Strong shotblocker. Not a good defensive player or rebounder.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:15 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Y'know, when I said Spurs were going to target Belinelli because he kind of looks like Manu, I was -totally- being a jackass.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/5/44 ... t-analysis

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:50 am 
* Report Button *

Trav, we naturally just assume youre being a jackass. No need to quantify it, sweetie. Thats a good move for the Spurs, seems like a Spur, always kind of has.

Jseahawks, I think TRob may end up being more than a back-up. Dude's got game...he just fell through the cracks. Really odd and fluke thing, IMO.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:53 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

pehawk wrote:
Trav, we naturally just assume youre being a jackass. No need to quantify it, sweetie. Thats a good move for the Spurs, seems like a Spur, always kind of has.

Jseahawks, I think TRob may end up being more than a back-up. Dude's got game...he just fell through the cracks. Really odd and fluke thing, IMO.

Great -- Saves time that way.

He's a good fit. An upgrade to fill in the Gary Neal slot. Spurs are a terrible team to follow if you like any kind of flashy off-season or draft moves, but it doesn't look like the sky is falling just yet. Parker should sustain. Little bit of fall-off for Duncan to be expected. I don't think Tiago is going to get MUCH better, so that 9 million figure doesn't impress me. Green should continue to improve. Kawhi Leonard is going to be a superstar, I think. Belinelli should thrive in the Spurs' system -- They'll find him more open jumpers than the Bulls could.

Manu got a 'thanks for the memories' contract, which annoys me a bit. Not surprising, as they've shown pretty consistently willing to 'Do Right' by their players. Neither Tiago's nor Manu's contract qualify for 'worst Spurs contract in history of the world'. Jefferson's contract sucked. Worst for me has to be Scola's 0 years for 0 million.

Still can NOT understand Pop's Forever Bonner project, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:10 pm 
* Report Button *

As far as Bonner, the NBA carries locker room types. More than any other sport, theyll save a guy who adds comic or morale relief. David Wingate was ALWAYS part of where ever Ewing went for awhile. Juwuan Howard for the Heat, same thing. I'm drawing a blank, but there's tons more dudes like that.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:16 pm 
* NET Baller *

It sounds like GS just cleared cap space in deal with the Jazz... And got Andre Iguadala, NICE!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:25 pm 
* Report Button *

I don't trust race traitors. Link or specifics, pookie?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:27 pm 
* NET Baller *

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Adrian Wojnarowski, the NBA's Adam Schefter.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:35 pm 
* Report Button *

Thanks, G. I guess I'm too busy following Huntermoore to keep track of the legit stuff.

Wow, Iggy on the Warriors. Perfect fit for him, hell, identical team (with better shooters) to the Nuggets anyways. I like this better than getting Howard for GS. Howard would've cost them Lee, and I really like Lee. Now, they have Iggy who can play 1 through 4, and rotate Bogut or Lee depending on who they play. Oh, and their opponents better not double because they have shooters. Great roster and philosophy.

Mark Jackson will get George Karls ring, with identical squad. Possibly…

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:36 pm 
* NET Baller *

They also aren't out of the running for Howard, they could get their own big 3 here as soon as today, depending on what Howard decides.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:02 pm 
* NET Baller *

Howard to Houston

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:41 pm 
NET Veteran

Damn! it sounds like Asik and Lin go to Atlanta for Josh Smith :-(

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 pm 
* NET Baller *

Dark days are upon the Lakers franchise, they can't even tank, if they do the Suns get Wiggins. Lmaooooooo

I'm still baffled at getting Nash.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:15 pm 
* NET Baller *

m0ng0 wrote:
Damn! it sounds like Asik and Lin go to Atlanta for Josh Smith :-(

Lin!? sucks to be Atlanta.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:43 pm 
* Report Button *

And now, Howard has told the Lakers its 50-50 between them and the Rockets.

Can Dwight, NOT be an ass? I remember when he came out, reading how he was DEEPLY religious and wanted to preach through his play. That he was going to change the NBA with his sermon.

Do ANY of you know he's a Christian? Yeah, exactly, dude's a weirdo. Just says shit.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:49 pm 
* NET Baller *

I'm disgusted at Dwight right now I want to like the guy but he's a pain in the ass.

I don't know what the Sixers are doing, first they trade away Jrue Holiday, now they got and get useless ass Royce White? Couldn't they be anymore obvious in their actions?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:52 pm 
* Report Button *

Being a guy whos messed around and landed in a nuthut a time or two, I was REALLY pulling for Royce. But, as Shock G said "game recognize game", Royce was never out for player rights or the mentally imbalanced, he's just lazy and a premadonna.

Good player, but still.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:02 pm 
* NET Baller *

I mean can't they just give him sleeping pills for the plane ride?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:49 pm 
* NET Baller *

Atlanta just got a better, more efficient front court, they got Paul Millsap.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:51 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Throwdown wrote:
Dark days are upon the Lakers franchise, they can't even tank, if they do the Suns get Wiggins. Lmaooooooo

I'm still baffled at getting Nash.

Hate to disappoint, plus, its always great when things screw the Lakers but they are still in the Wiggins sweepstakes. For Nash they gave their first round picks in 2013 and 2015. They still hold their pick next year.

I'm calling it right now... after next season Lebron James brings his talents to L.A. and the Lakers "miraculously" win the lottery and get Wiggins.

Quote:
In return, the Suns get four draft picks -- first rounders in 2013 and 2015 and second rounders in 2013 and 2014.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... trade-deal

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:54 pm 
* NET Baller *

Dang, my friend told me they didn't have one, oh well.

I personally don't see LeBron leaving for LA, I think he stays in Miami, specially if they get some beef in the front court.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:13 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Throwdown wrote:
Atlanta just got a better, more efficient front court, they got Paul Millsap.

Good for them, Millsap is one heck of a player, although Al Horford is still the man in ATL.

So who did the Sonics pick up? Oh wait.......screw you Stern!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]