SF Fans can shut up about our teams problems now

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Not what I was hoping for... :|

... I guess our Lemonier pick becomes significantly more important now. Smashing a beer bottle over a teammates head that's trying to stop you from drunk driving is really f*cking low.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
You won't get a double standard from me, his behavior was inappropriate and stupid.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, the dude was trying to HELP this thug. WTH is wrong with these NFL players??? It's just getting out of control.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":45lcbiea said:
No doubt, the dude was trying to HELP this thug. WTH is wrong with these NFL players??? It's just getting out of control.

Agreed. I am tired of hearing about all these shenanigans from players across the league, Seahawks included. Granted, it's not like this is new behavior; it's just that now every single little thing is reported. It wasn't that way even 5-6 years ago. I blame Twitter. :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":w27b1h3a said:
SoulfishHawk":w27b1h3a said:

Agreed. I am tired of hearing about all these shenanigans from players across the league, Seahawks included. Granted, it's not like this is new behavior; it's just that now every single little thing is reported. It wasn't that way even 5-6 years ago. I blame Twitter. :)

Agreed x2

When Twitter first launched, I looked at that and thought "this is trouble" and that was in reference to the tech world. Then normal people got a hold of it and worse, sports figures.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Divens did the right thing, no matter the risk to himself. Kudos to him from the family he spared from the potential heartache. Whenever you dare to courageously intervene... the nobility far outweighs the potential consequences - but, usually there's not time to weigh it out.

As far as Brooks' actions... yup, that's alcohol impairing perhaps otherwise better judgment. He's responsible, though, no doubt. Or, rather, irresponsible.

So... does this mean immediate dismissal from the team? Wasn't that the solution given for the previous player that did something? Or, was that a bunch of hogwash?

dbsn2420

Reaction score
From the article: Then, higher ranking officials in the prosecutor’s office intervened. A debate has unfolded over the question of whether Brooks should be charged with a felony or a misdemeanor — or possibly not at all.

So let me get this straight, if this was anyone else, felony charges would of been filed and processed accordingly, but because Brooks is part of the steller 49r LB core, we're going to discuss what impact this will have on the team then make a decision as to if formal charges will be pursued.

Ok, I understand! :141847_bnono:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What a flippen joke. Why would there be a debate for ANYONE? Oh wait, the 49ers player must be on the field.

rlkats

Reaction score
It should be a felony due to a beer bottle should be taken as a weapon. If it was you or I it would be a felony. No debate needed even for a member of the stellar 49ers LB core. Which for the record there has been many many nfl players that should have been charged with felonies that were not.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
dbsn2420":3fgqx4d1 said:
From the article: Then, higher ranking officials in the prosecutor’s office intervened. A debate has unfolded over the question of whether Brooks should be charged with a felony or a misdemeanor — or possibly not at all.

So let me get this straight, if this was anyone else, felony charges would of been filed and processed accordingly, but because Brooks is part of the steller 49r LB core, we're going to discuss what impact this will have on the team then make a decision as to if formal charges will be pursued.

Only thing I can think of is that it is due to the fact that Divens changed his mind about filing charges.

I'm not a lawyer, but if there is no plaintiff then the case probably looks pretty weak.

At least that's how it works on "Law and Order" all the time. ;)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Damn.... There are very few reasons I could think of that would prompt me to beat on ANYONE with a bottle. That is some cold shit!

Well, as we know... The offseason is long and these guys are basically kids inside the body of trained monsters. I'm actually quite surprised that Brooks wasn't also charged with being offsides while beating the victim. :)

dunceface

Reaction score
Per the report, Brooks yelled to Divens while striking him, “Do I need to get my [expletive] gun?”

I wonder if he has any selfies with his [expletive] gun on his phone?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1fwl6jih said:
dbsn2420":1fwl6jih said:

Only thing I can think of is that it is due to the fact that Divens changed his mind about filing charges.

I'm not a lawyer, but if there is no plaintiff then the case probably looks pretty weak.

At least that's how it works on "Law and Order" all the time. ;)

According to NFL.com, the prosecutors were ready to move forward without Livens' help. They got a signed arrest warrant from the court, even after he backed out.

Even without Divens' support, prosecutors submitted an application Thursday to Judge Sharon Chatman seeking an arrest warrant on a felony assault charge with great bodily injury. A judge signed the warrant, but a day later higher-ranking officials decided to put a hold on the case.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wonder how many Niners players have magically had charges dropped over the years???
Not that it would ever be brought up thru the media. They're too busy dry humping the Niners.

hawker84

Reaction score
I think that's a fair question to be asked about players on a lot of teams in all college/professional sports..

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
madjim.gif