Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk
Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:08 pm
  • KJ Wright seems to barely get recognition. Dude is a beast.

    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    User avatar
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1267
    Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:32 pm
    Location: Kenmore, WA


  • Loved Wright's game since he first step foot on the field. I think we have another young talent in Malcolm Smith once he gets to playing more
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6861
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • KJ Wright is crazy underrated, you have to appreciate what he does on the field.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18830
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Great open field tackler and one of my favorite LBs. I'll be interested to see how his role evolves this year. It sounds like the coaches are working on ways to keep him on the field.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

    Jack Dempsey
    User avatar
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1566
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm


  • Even his rookie year was super impressive. This guy does so much good for the defense. The pain of being a OLB in a 4-3 scheme though is not getting enough credit where its due. Criminally underrated. But in a sea of all-star talent on the defense, them the breaks.

    EDIT: Im drunk enough (and the high heat here near death valley) to decide to change my avatar to one of the most underrated players on the team. This video made me happy, and KJ needs some reppin.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    User avatar
    Cartire
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2356
    Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am


  • KJ has always been a play maker, from his rookie year when he setup Red Bryant's TD interception against the Bears and Hawthorne's interception against the Ravens. The team definitely made the right move getting him on the field in place of A Curry. Fills a significant role on defense but a position that may not be a high priority for re-signing when his rookie contract expires.

    I like the way he plays the game.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • With the market what it is for linebackers not named Willis, Lewis, and Urlacher we should be able to keep him.
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9677
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • I love when he hits gronkowski in the back and drives his elbow when he gets up....Attitude!!!
    wanderinghawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 146
    Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:46 am


  • Man everybody in the gameday chat knows the love I have for the spidermonkey. Have seen it since he was a rookie straight beast. God I hope he is a hawk forever.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

    Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    User avatar
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 931
    Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:55 am
    Location: Toronto Canada


  • I forgot how buck wild he went in that cowpies game even dropping into coverage on Witten...BEAST
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3217
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


  • I'm not sure why Bobby Wagner gets all the credit. Wagner is a very good young player, but KJ Wright is the best Seahawk LB and one of the best in the league - he should be in the pro bowl and in the Top 100 players after this season.

    I'm happy that Dan Quinn sees how good KJ is and is publicly praising him.
    .
    User avatar
    bobk3333
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 57
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:25 pm


  • Wright is favorite player on the Seahawks defense after Brandon Mebane. Clearly underrated and capable of becoming so much better.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1653
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


  • Wright has that long frame that makes him stand out when standing next to others. He has got to be one of the biggest olb's in the league. We also have a huge saftey in KAm, our outside CB's are giants, and we have the heaviest 4-3 DE in Red. This is a defense full is unique players and KJ is a good one. The comment that he's better than Wagner is questionable but I love his game. Both are great LB's and by the end of next year might be on par with the Bowman Willis combo.
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • I'd like to see Wright be used more as a roaming Linebacker, but we need some guys to step up, so we can use him in that capacity. It seems like he's kind of stuck strongside, unless a linebacker or two steps up and gives us the ability to move him around. The only reason Wagner got more props last year than Wright is because he played the Middle and he had better stats.

    I guess the pundits completely brainfart the fact that Wright was helping Wagner be in the right place and make the right calls because he played Middle the year before, and they just seem to completely ignore the fact that Wright was consistently making big plays last year, albeit in coverage or getting in the backfield. I'm just hoping that Smith, Irvin, Toomer or Lotulelei will pop off and give us a versatile linebacking corp. to work with.

    On paper... Our defense looks real good this year.
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1225
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


Re: Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 pm
  • He was so good last preseason, I thought he was on the verge of superstardom. I'm not sure what happened after that, I thought his 2012 season was alright, but mixed. I don't like how he's moving to WILL, it's like the Seahawks equivalent of putting Raul in the outfield to keep him in the lineup. But whatever. He's a good player who has flashed dominance. I'm curious to see how he does this year.

    Nice video, too.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10313
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:With the market what it is for linebackers not named Willis, Lewis, and Urlacher we should be able to keep him.


    Sometimes the ridiculous "Name Game" that is stardom in modern sports media helps, for sure.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24209
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:36 pm
  • Solid player, but hasn't yet taken that next step we are hoping for. There is one way to tell when a 4-3 OLB is a stud--when there is a play going on and some guy comes out of nowhere and completely blows up a play, and you say "whoa! Who the heck was that!?" For as solid as he has been, he hasn't gotten there yet.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1301
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk
Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:59 pm
  • All signs point to a breakout season.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2531
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 am
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:All signs point to a breakout season.


    Is it wrong that I kinda feel like 60% of our roster is gonna have a breakout season? :229031_shrug:
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3217
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:26 am
  • "Football doesn't build character, it reveals it." Nice statement and fits KJ perfectly.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 7880
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm


  • Yet another player that was a "bad pick" according to guys like Smell Diaper. Love it
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2633
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • He made some big tackles against Falcons, too.
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


  • I like that play where he comes on a blitz and sacks Kaepernick. He tried to pull a Russell Wilson and spin out of it to the outside, but he just isn't as good!!!
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk
Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 am
  • im still waiting for the Mebane highlight film
    User avatar
    Axx
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2539
    Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm


  • dunceface wrote:
    HawKnPeppa wrote:All signs point to a breakout season.


    Is it wrong that I kinda feel like 60% of our roster is gonna have a breakout season? :229031_shrug:


    That doesn't exclude others from breaking out. I'm an equal opportunity optimist, and no, it is not wrong to include the whole roster... especially if we keep Fells 8-)
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2531
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:He made some big tackles against Falcons, too.


    He's a more freakish, durable and humble version of Anthony Simmons. Cake + icing. The real deal.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2531
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • I'm a big believer that the front four have a huge impact on the LB's and part of the reason Wright and Wagner haven't broke out is because we haven't yet had the right combination of front four so they are constantly picking up the slack rather than making highlight reels. Look at Willis and Bowman last year when Justin Smith was injured. They disappeared just like Aldon Smith did. Hopefully Quinn can get the winning combination set at the front four and we will be able to see what Wagner and Wright are really capable of.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2912
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


  • Rumble young man rumble. He is a beast.
    User avatar
    HudsonHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 pm




It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information