SF Fans can shut up about our teams problems now

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

• Thank you so much for this. Using this on all my niner friends right now.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Your title is misleading but I get what you did there...;)
    RynoHawk
    NET Rookie

• Not to mention Chris Culliver's dumb mouth.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• LOL. Better get your team in order there Jim. Those guys are totally out of control Jim...

I wonder how the Whiner faithful are going to spin this as part of Jim being an awesome coach and the players being ultra competitive?

Stupid Whiners. Watch out, your glass house is about to experience some stonage.....
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Hard not to notice this!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:Hard not to notice this!

I'm sure Pete has "definitely noticed it."

:D
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Dude, Ahmad Brooks be "ROID RAGIN" is own teammate. Not really j/k but to attack his own teammate drunk or not just for looking out for him. Pathetic. Maybe Kaepernick and Ricardo Lockette need to teach their teammates lessons on bromance-ology.

I wonder how San Fran Fans will spin this into positive, clean fun.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• This is an absolute outrage!!

Where is the justice?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• bestfightstory wrote:This is an absolute outrage!!

Where is the justice?

So far not on the Ninnies forum.
    shawnsim
    NET Rookie

• Of course, this will get swept under the rug. The media would never dare say anything about the precious 39ers.
    It's not even on the ESPN page OR the NFL.com page. Yet, one of our guys jokes about what they'd do to Hairball if he was a player, and it gets spun as our players "threatened" him???
    What a flippin joke
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• The use of an empty glass alcoholic beverage container as a weapon to inflict bodily harm, should be considered to be in poor taste. There are far more appropriate ways to deal with conflict without resorting to such actions. A sharp knife is quieter, does more damage, and you don't get broken glass all over the place. :sarcasm_on:

What I don't get, is why the guy that was trying to protect the interests of a drunken teammate would be punished for it.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• Surprising the rookies had the stones to tell the vet no when he asked for his keys.
    Last edited by drdiags on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:The use of an empty glass alcoholic beverage container as a weapon to inflict bodily harm, should be considered to be in poor taste. There are far more appropriate ways to deal with conflict without resorting to such actions. A sharp knife is quieter, does more damage, and you don't get broken glass all over the place. :sarcasm_on:

What I don't get, is why the guy that was trying to protect the interests of a drunken teammate would be punished for it.

I dunno man, it has a old school type of feel to it, I like it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• And Harbaugh's reaction?

Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• That never gets old...EVER!!!!
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Well, Brooks deserves to be punished. This is why I am never an advocate of talking crap. It will always come back to bite you in the ass. Brooks is a complete idiot for this action. He deserves what he gets.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• And here's Brooks #55 playing drunk...

rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• If you're a Niner player, go ahead and do whatever you want.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• You know you are too drunk to drive when you smash a guys face in for trying to keep you from driving

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Not what I was hoping for... :|

... I guess our Lemonier pick becomes significantly more important now. Smashing a beer bottle over a teammates head that's trying to stop you from drunk driving is really f*cking low.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• You won't get a double standard from me, his behavior was inappropriate and stupid.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• No doubt, the dude was trying to HELP this thug. WTH is wrong with these NFL players??? It's just getting out of control.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:No doubt, the dude was trying to HELP this thug. WTH is wrong with these NFL players??? It's just getting out of control.

Agreed. I am tired of hearing about all these shenanigans from players across the league, Seahawks included. Granted, it's not like this is new behavior; it's just that now every single little thing is reported. It wasn't that way even 5-6 years ago. I blame Twitter. :)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:No doubt, the dude was trying to HELP this thug. WTH is wrong with these NFL players??? It's just getting out of control.

Agreed. I am tired of hearing about all these shenanigans from players across the league, Seahawks included. Granted, it's not like this is new behavior; it's just that now every single little thing is reported. It wasn't that way even 5-6 years ago. I blame Twitter. :)

Agreed x2

When Twitter first launched, I looked at that and thought "this is trouble" and that was in reference to the tech world. Then normal people got a hold of it and worse, sports figures.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Divens did the right thing, no matter the risk to himself. Kudos to him from the family he spared from the potential heartache. Whenever you dare to courageously intervene... the nobility far outweighs the potential consequences - but, usually there's not time to weigh it out.

As far as Brooks' actions... yup, that's alcohol impairing perhaps otherwise better judgment. He's responsible, though, no doubt. Or, rather, irresponsible.

So... does this mean immediate dismissal from the team? Wasn't that the solution given for the previous player that did something? Or, was that a bunch of hogwash?
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Of course, no mention of it on ESPN yet.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

• From the article: Then, higher ranking officials in the prosecutor’s office intervened. A debate has unfolded over the question of whether Brooks should be charged with a felony or a misdemeanor — or possibly not at all.

So let me get this straight, if this was anyone else, felony charges would of been filed and processed accordingly, but because Brooks is part of the steller 49r LB core, we're going to discuss what impact this will have on the team then make a decision as to if formal charges will be pursued.

Ok, I understand! :141847_bnono:
    Beast Mode 05 Sep 12 - "And then with our defense playing the way that they've been playing, we don't even need an offense."
    dbsn2420
    NET Veteran

• What a flippen joke. Why would there be a debate for ANYONE? Oh wait, the 49ers player must be on the field.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• It should be a felony due to a beer bottle should be taken as a weapon. If it was you or I it would be a felony. No debate needed even for a member of the stellar 49ers LB core. Which for the record there has been many many nfl players that should have been charged with felonies that were not.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rastahawk wrote:And here's Brooks #55 playing drunk...

The soundtrack to that is priceless.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• dbsn2420 wrote:From the article: Then, higher ranking officials in the prosecutor’s office intervened. A debate has unfolded over the question of whether Brooks should be charged with a felony or a misdemeanor — or possibly not at all.

So let me get this straight, if this was anyone else, felony charges would of been filed and processed accordingly, but because Brooks is part of the steller 49r LB core, we're going to discuss what impact this will have on the team then make a decision as to if formal charges will be pursued.

Only thing I can think of is that it is due to the fact that Divens changed his mind about filing charges.

I'm not a lawyer, but if there is no plaintiff then the case probably looks pretty weak.

At least that's how it works on "Law and Order" all the time. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Damn.... There are very few reasons I could think of that would prompt me to beat on ANYONE with a bottle. That is some cold shit!

Well, as we know... The offseason is long and these guys are basically kids inside the body of trained monsters. I'm actually quite surprised that Brooks wasn't also charged with being offsides while beating the victim. :)
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• You're probably right but fact is he deserves some form of punishment.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Per the report, Brooks yelled to Divens while striking him, “Do I need to get my [expletive] gun?”

I wonder if he has any selfies with his [expletive] gun on his phone?
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:
    dbsn2420 wrote:From the article: Then, higher ranking officials in the prosecutor’s office intervened. A debate has unfolded over the question of whether Brooks should be charged with a felony or a misdemeanor — or possibly not at all.

Only thing I can think of is that it is due to the fact that Divens changed his mind about filing charges.

I'm not a lawyer, but if there is no plaintiff then the case probably looks pretty weak.

At least that's how it works on "Law and Order" all the time. ;)

According to NFL.com, the prosecutors were ready to move forward without Livens' help. They got a signed arrest warrant from the court, even after he backed out.

Even without Divens' support, prosecutors submitted an application Thursday to Judge Sharon Chatman seeking an arrest warrant on a felony assault charge with great bodily injury. A judge signed the warrant, but a day later higher-ranking officials decided to put a hold on the case.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• I wonder how many Niners players have magically had charges dropped over the years???
    Not that it would ever be brought up thru the media. They're too busy dry humping the Niners.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I think that's a fair question to be asked about players on a lot of teams in all college/professional sports..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:I wonder how many Niners players have magically had charges dropped over the years???
    Not that it would ever be brought up thru the media. They're too busy dry humping the Niners.

Feels like this wouldn't have even been reported had the "higher ups" been able to put a stop to it before the arrest warrant was applied for.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• I whacked someone over the head with a beer bottle once, but only because he was beating the life out of his brother in the midst of a serious meth rage.

On the other hand, assaulting your teammate for trying to save your ass? Dude needs to stay away from the firewater.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• The Prosecutor knows that any more unforeseen roster hits to the local franchise would be devastating to the performance of the team. So he has adjusted the threshold of tolerance to ensure consistency on the defense, which was suspect nearing the end of the season.

John Moffitt gets drunk, pisses in public, gets charged and has a suspended sentence with Niner fans ridiculing him for the event. Brooks BEATS THE SHIT out of another man's head with a bottle and the Prosecutor buries the case.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You go SF! Keep up the stellar work off the field and while you are at it Niner fans, make sure you complain about a few PED suspensions. GREAT stuff!
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Loaf, you can't be surprised, can you? Look at all the Bay-area corruption during the 49ers glory years. It's their "culture of winning" philosophy, as best I can tell. :)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:Loaf, you can't be surprised, can you? Look at all the Bay-area corruption during the 49ers glory years. It's their "culture of winning" philosophy, as best I can tell. :)

Actually, I really thought all that was behind them, but the 2 degrees of separation from Eddie D. puts it in a whole new perspective. Before it was just the manipulation of money, now they can include the manipulation of public officials. Seriously....
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Just heard that the DA's office revoked the arrest warrant. Go f'in figure.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• loaf what niner fan on this forum backed brooks? None and from reading niner sites no one is backing him there either. The man deserves prison plain and simple. And no one even brought PED's in this thread
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Funny just read an article yesterday about how teams have security people that try to make sure cases don't make it to court / dropped. Then an NFL spokesperson commented that it was not true and it was against league rule.......

Yeah right.....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:loaf what niner fan on this forum backed brooks? None and from reading niner sites no one is backing him there either. The man deserves prison plain and simple. And no one even brought PED's in this thread

My niner buddy did when I posted the article on his FB page...although he didn't support Brooks' action
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• What ever niner fan that backs Brooks is a complete moron. Its assault no other way around it.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information