Status
Not open for further replies.

dunceface

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1fjudji4 said:
dunceface":1fjudji4 said:
How bout The Seattle Hansen Brothers?
Tumblr m1h684Pvgu1qzuijco1 500

I'm watching Slap Shot tonight, never seen it.

Whaaaaaaat??? Such a great flick!

And thinking more about it, renaming whatever hockey team that ends up here "The Chiefs" with the same logo would be a great reference to the Native culture, an all time great hockey movie, and a sly nod to Hansen because of the cult heroes in the film; The Hanson Bros (albeit different spelling)
DO IT SEATTLE!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
If we named them The Chiefs, we'd have Native American groups accusing us of racism. :(

HansGruber

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":15ke96vl said:
If we named them The Chiefs, we'd have Native American groups accusing us of racism. :(
Huh? Why? Nobody's ever complained about the nfl's KC Chiefs. It's not a derogatory name. Why would anyone care and how is that racism? Did I miss something?

Subzero717

Reaction score
HansGruber":14ycv9px said:
Lords of Scythia":14ycv9px said:
Huh? Why? Nobody's ever complained about the nfl's KC Chiefs. It's not a derogatory name. Why would anyone care and how is that racism? Did I miss something?

I think it was a very poor attempt at humor.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HansGruber":2lnc4ib0 said:
Lords of Scythia":2lnc4ib0 said:
They're focusing their limited resources on the Redskns for now--that's just the beginning.

KK84

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1mpm3jl2 said:
HansGruber":1mpm3jl2 said:
Lords of Scythia":1mpm3jl2 said:
They're focusing their limited resources on the Redskns for now--that's just the beginning.

That's just stupid. "Redskins" is a derogatory term and was used as an insult. There is nothing insulting about "Chiefs" or "Totems" or anything else relating to native culture. The groups going after the redskins name will stop there.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1y4whw6j said:
HansGruber":1y4whw6j said:
Lords of Scythia":1y4whw6j said:

No need to expound. I knew by your sadly failed attempt at sarcasm what you were getting at, long before you spelled it out. You're probably better off just letting it go.

And if you really don't understand the difference between "redskin" and "chief", take a drive to Browning, Montana, go into any indian bar, then offer to buy a round for all the "redskins". Hey, there's nothing wrong with that word right? So it shouldn't be a problem.

pehawk

Reaction score
You should hear how I order drinks on MLK and 23rd.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have always found it is best to mention the free drinks right before dropping the slurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.