"NFL Total Access": Richard Sherman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
"NFL Total Access": Richard Sherman
Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 am

Re: "NFL Total Access": Richard Sherman
Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 am
  • You know he's saving it for the season.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:44 am
  • She tried to provoke Pete after the GB game last year. She just keeps pushing hoping for a reaction.
    nepahawk
    NET Starter

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:53 am
  • He is a smart guy and the media just wants to make him and the Hawks look bad. I think if there hadn't been the 6 PED cases including Sherm winning the appeal they wouldn't be trying to make him look like a jerk. Seattle just doesn't fit the pretty boy attitude like their beloved Peyton Manning and Tom Brady characters.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:55 am
  • If she gets Sherman to trash talk one player, even a little bit, she wins
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 am
  • I dont even think its about taking the high road. Talking Trash is a skill set. Sherman fully uses it as a psychic assault on other players to gain an advantage. At this point during the off-season, there is little to no reason for him to be talking any trash. So he doesnt.

The networks just want to keep the controversy going because it brings in ratings.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:02 am
  • Really annoying, just ask some damn questions and get over the "trash talk" stuff lady. Geezus
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:02 am
  • I suspect he's learned a lot from the few times he allowed himself to respond angrily to a questioner like Skip (the bozo) Bayliss and have noticed a refreshing maturity in his recent responses.

He's the real deal, and an elite CB who will only get better as he gains more experience. I enjoy watching him and believe it won't be too long before he gains the genuine respect of the rest of the league.

As far as that interviewer is concerned I suspect she needs to try to make points to raise her profile but that was a lame interview.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:11 am
  • "With the sweet shades. Richard. Sherman. Of the Seattle Seahawks." God that was awful and awkward.

Amazing how much I don't miss ESPN and the NFL Network. Got rid of my cable, haven't thought about those networks once since I left.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 am
  • I don't like that chick very much, seems condescending to me.

Like me some Nicole Zaloumis though. :3:
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:52 am
  • lol @ the people saying he's learned his lesson.

He's a smart dude. He is going to talk trash on his own terms, not be provoked into it. He came out swinging on skip brainless for that very reason; he didn't want to be provoked, he wanted to be the instigator for what he knew was going to happen anyways.

Look at all of the charity things the guys been doing, especially any of you who have a problem with him talking trash. He wouldn't have half the recognition he does if he didn't draw attention for himself, and he's known what he's been doing all along. And that notoriety has enabled him to get the word out and spend this offseason doing TONS of charity work, wither it was with the program where he went to all those schools in LA, his celebrity softball program, kicking off his Blanket Coverage foundation to supply kids in the seattle area with school supplies, just to name a few, there have been more.

This is a brilliant guy, who like Russell Wilson, isn't hesitating for a moment to turn around and use his success to help others. Neither are waiting for their big pay-day or just showing up, they are actively creating opportunities. On and off the field this team is almost too good to be true.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:58 am
  • And there isn't a team in the league who wouldn't LOVE to have this guy on their roster.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:11 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:lol @ the people saying he's learned his lesson.

He's a smart dude. He is going to talk trash on his own terms, not be provoked into it. He came out swinging on skip brainless for that very reason; he didn't want to be provoked, he wanted to be the instigator for what he knew was going to happen anyways.

Look at all of the charity things the guys been doing, especially any of you who have a problem with him talking trash. He wouldn't have half the recognition he does if he didn't draw attention for himself, and he's known what he's been doing all along. And that notoriety has enabled him to get the word out and spend this offseason doing TONS of charity work, wither it was with the program where he went to all those schools in LA, his celebrity softball program, kicking off his Blanket Coverage foundation to supply kids in the seattle area with school supplies, just to name a few, there have been more.

This is a brilliant guy, who like Russell Wilson, isn't hesitating for a moment to turn around and use his success to help others. Neither are waiting for their big pay-day or just showing up, they are actively creating opportunities. On and off the field this team is almost too good to be true.

Someone's got a crush...

His comment to the effect that he wasn't going to let anyone dictate how he answers a question made it pretty clear. He's not going to give the media what they want, which is drama. At least not right now.

All this talk about him being brilliant though? To me he looks a little uncomfortable during the back and forth with Skip and even in this interview. His speech pattern seems to change and it seems like he has a hard time finding the words when things get a little heated or should i say, "awkward"? This is just my opinion, but I don't get "brilliant media mastermind" from watching this kid talk on television.

Glad to see that he's reigning it in a bit though. I love the football player, not sure how I feel about the person yet.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:26 pm
  • Cartire wrote:I dont even think its about taking the high road. Talking Trash is a skill set. Sherman fully uses it as a psychic assault on other players to gain an advantage. At this point during the off-season, there is little to no reason for him to be talking any trash. So he doesnt.

The networks just want to keep the controversy going because it brings in ratings.

Yup.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:06 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:lol @ the people saying he's learned his lesson.

Someone's got a crush...

His comment to the effect that he wasn't going to let anyone dictate how he answers a question made it pretty clear. He's not going to give the media what they want, which is drama. At least not right now.

All this talk about him being brilliant though? To me he looks a little uncomfortable during the back and forth with Skip and even in this interview. His speech pattern seems to change and it seems like he has a hard time finding the words when things get a little heated or should i say, "awkward"? This is just my opinion, but I don't get "brilliant media mastermind" from watching this kid talk on television.

Glad to see that he's reigning it in a bit though. I love the football player, not sure how I feel about the person yet.

Disagree with you, I believe Sherman planned that interview and knew exactly what he was going to say. Any hesitancy was because the man was exhausted from doing charity work, you could see the fatigue on his face. I admire his ability to handle a tough situation like that with little to no sleep. I doubt many, if anyone on this board is capable of that.

Richard is selling his brand, and has been extremely successful at it. Just look at how he has gone from a 5th round draft pick to All Pro on the NFL set and in demand interviewee. Looks very masterful to me.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:15 pm
  • Egad! This lady is terrible. Sherm handled himself very well and didn't take the bait.
    I still get chills when I watch the Beastquake run. "Are you kidding me?!!!"
    Clayfighter
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:25 pm
  • I think it would be flippen hilarious if he just all the sudden stopped talking any junk at all when he's on tv. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves. But like others have said, he's doing thing on his terms, love it.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:31 pm
  • How awesome was it watching Sherm and Coach high five Snoop Dogg though??
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:52 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:Someone's got a crush...

I don't know about brilliant, but he is pretty damn smart. Athlete or not, graduating from Stanford isn't a walk in the park.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:... Richard is selling his brand, and has been extremely successful at it. Just look at how he has gone from a 5th round draft pick to All Pro on the NFL set and in demand interviewee. Looks very masterful to me.

Alternatively, I think that the interviewer not even taking the time to memorize the questions on her little flash card says something about his "brand" outside of SEA. He's in demand because the network was expecting (more accurately, hoping for) something incendiary. I think he made the most of the interview. Got the message out about the camps while not taking the bait and overshadowing the message about the kids. Good job.

taz291819 wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:Someone's got a crush...

I don't know about brilliant, but he is pretty damn smart. Athlete or not, graduating from Stanford isn't a walk in the park.

I wouldn't argue with that at all.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 pm
  • That is the best interview I have seen Richard Sherman do. That chick was lame but doing what she was told, no doubt.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:That is the best interview I have seen Richard Sherman do. That chick was lame but doing what she was told, no doubt.

Exactly. Little in sports is about actual reporting anymore it's far more about creating controversy and storylines. More like talk radio than news actually.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:03 pm
  • ESPN running an article about Sherman NOT trash talking now. Jesus Christ. ESPN is the worst.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:12 pm
  • At some point, he should just give them the big finger and only do interviews w/Fox or some other network.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:22 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:At some point, he should just give them the big finger and only do interviews w/Fox or some other network.

He's employed by the NFL and they're very big on PR, so possibly he's contractually obligated.
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:29 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:lol @ the people saying he's learned his lesson.

Richard Sherman is an inspiration for inner city kids. He is showing them that someone out of Compton can get a Stanford degee (he graduated a year early and then did one year towards a Stanford masters degree,) be an All-American and college star in track and field, rise to maybe the best cover corner in the NFL after only two seasons in spite of being drafted in fifth round, give back to the world by participating in dozens of community events, and still have fun with his jetskis (it is significant for a guy from Compton to have his own jetskis.) What is he going to do next, climb Mount Rainier?

The NFL Total Access host is Lindsay Rhodes, formerly Linsay Soto, who was born and raised in L.A., and covered high school sports there in the middle 2000s, while Richard Sherman was a star and a top recruit. I think she has a thing for Sherm. Whenever he is mentioned on the show, she starts smiling and gets a twinkle in her eye. She also wears sexy, tight, low-cut, cleavage-exposing outfits whever she is scheduled to interview him. She is his greatest advocate on national TV. She has also spoken out for the Seahawks and other players like Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson.

Is she hot?

I would say yes, for a professional and a career woman in a man's world. She first got noticed when she exposed some nipple doing a live interview during a Kings hockey game.

Yes, she does take advantage of her femininity and pushes the boundaries with players trying to get them to make attention-getting statements, but she has been good for the Seahawks and Richard Sherman's career, so I like her.

Last edited by bobk3333 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    bobk3333
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:31 pm
  • Love me some Lindsay Rhodes.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:00 pm
  • The only thing I associate her reporting with is that Sherman interview and the one after the GB game with Carroll. Based on those 2 interviews, she is the worst.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:21 pm
  • I think Pete and Richard had a little chat. Pete is teaching these guys. There is a better ways to conduct yourself in an interview lesson.
    warden
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 pm
  • It simply is that there was no initial disrespect so Sherman had nothing to respond to...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:46 pm
  • Sherman's trash talk is more intelligent than Chris Culliver's normal talk.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:That is the best interview I have seen Richard Sherman do. That chick was lame but doing what she was told, no doubt.

Watched it this morning and that is EXACTLY what she was doing, and yes, that was far and above the best interview I've seen him do. This is one smart kid and I can't wait to see what havoc he will wreak in the next couple years.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:36 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Cartire wrote:I dont even think its about taking the high road. Talking Trash is a skill set. Sherman fully uses it as a psychic assault on other players to gain an advantage. At this point during the off-season, there is little to no reason for him to be talking any trash. So he doesnt.

Yup.

Double Yup.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:04 am
  • Now that RS has the notoriety he has aspired to, I think we'll hear less of him off the field; but his on the field trash-talking is an effective tool for throwing receivers and QBs off their game, so I doubt it disappears.
    godawg
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 am
  • ivotuk wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:lol @ the people saying he's learned his lesson.

Someone's got a crush...

Disagree with you, I believe Sherman planned that interview and knew exactly what he was going to say. Any hesitancy was because the man was exhausted from doing charity work , you could see the fatigue on his face. I admire his ability to handle a tough situation like that with little to no sleep. I doubt many, if anyone on this board is capable of that.

Richard is selling his brand, and has been extremely successful at it. Just look at how he has gone from a 5th round draft pick to All Pro on the NFL set and in demand interviewee. Looks very masterful to me.

:34853_doh: i dont see how anyone could read this line and not think you are a homer.....
    NFL_Football2013
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:21 pm
  • Interesting interview. I like how Richard handled himself.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information