"NFL Total Access": Richard Sherman

Kixkahn

Reaction score
He is a smart guy and the media just wants to make him and the Hawks look bad. I think if there hadn't been the 6 PED cases including Sherm winning the appeal they wouldn't be trying to make him look like a jerk. Seattle just doesn't fit the pretty boy attitude like their beloved Peyton Manning and Tom Brady characters.

Axx

Reaction score
If she gets Sherman to trash talk one player, even a little bit, she wins

Cartire

Reaction score
I dont even think its about taking the high road. Talking Trash is a skill set. Sherman fully uses it as a psychic assault on other players to gain an advantage. At this point during the off-season, there is little to no reason for him to be talking any trash. So he doesnt.

The networks just want to keep the controversy going because it brings in ratings.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect he's learned a lot from the few times he allowed himself to respond angrily to a questioner like Skip (the bozo) Bayliss and have noticed a refreshing maturity in his recent responses.

He's the real deal, and an elite CB who will only get better as he gains more experience. I enjoy watching him and believe it won't be too long before he gains the genuine respect of the rest of the league.

As far as that interviewer is concerned I suspect she needs to try to make points to raise her profile but that was a lame interview.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
"With the sweet shades. Richard. Sherman. Of the Seattle Seahawks." God that was awful and awkward.

Amazing how much I don't miss ESPN and the NFL Network. Got rid of my cable, haven't thought about those networks once since I left.

A

Anonymous

I don't like that chick very much, seems condescending to me.

Like me some Nicole Zaloumis though. :3:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
lol @ the people saying he's learned his lesson.

He's a smart dude. He is going to talk trash on his own terms, not be provoked into it. He came out swinging on skip brainless for that very reason; he didn't want to be provoked, he wanted to be the instigator for what he knew was going to happen anyways.

Look at all of the charity things the guys been doing, especially any of you who have a problem with him talking trash. He wouldn't have half the recognition he does if he didn't draw attention for himself, and he's known what he's been doing all along. And that notoriety has enabled him to get the word out and spend this offseason doing TONS of charity work, wither it was with the program where he went to all those schools in LA, his celebrity softball program, kicking off his Blanket Coverage foundation to supply kids in the seattle area with school supplies, just to name a few, there have been more.

This is a brilliant guy, who like Russell Wilson, isn't hesitating for a moment to turn around and use his success to help others. Neither are waiting for their big pay-day or just showing up, they are actively creating opportunities. On and off the field this team is almost too good to be true.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3vbeyzkn said:

He's a smart dude. He is going to talk trash on his own terms, not be provoked into it. He came out swinging on skip brainless for that very reason; he didn't want to be provoked, he wanted to be the instigator for what he knew was going to happen anyways.

Look at all of the charity things the guys been doing, especially any of you who have a problem with him talking trash. He wouldn't have half the recognition he does if he didn't draw attention for himself, and he's known what he's been doing all along. And that notoriety has enabled him to get the word out and spend this offseason doing TONS of charity work, wither it was with the program where he went to all those schools in LA, his celebrity softball program, kicking off his Blanket Coverage foundation to supply kids in the seattle area with school supplies, just to name a few, there have been more.

This is a brilliant guy, who like Russell Wilson, isn't hesitating for a moment to turn around and use his success to help others. Neither are waiting for their big pay-day or just showing up, they are actively creating opportunities. On and off the field this team is almost too good to be true.

Someone's got a crush...

His comment to the effect that he wasn't going to let anyone dictate how he answers a question made it pretty clear. He's not going to give the media what they want, which is drama. At least not right now.

All this talk about him being brilliant though? To me he looks a little uncomfortable during the back and forth with Skip and even in this interview. His speech pattern seems to change and it seems like he has a hard time finding the words when things get a little heated or should i say, "awkward"? This is just my opinion, but I don't get "brilliant media mastermind" from watching this kid talk on television.

Glad to see that he's reigning it in a bit though. I love the football player, not sure how I feel about the person yet.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Cartire":ieb7jood said:
I dont even think its about taking the high road. Talking Trash is a skill set. Sherman fully uses it as a psychic assault on other players to gain an advantage. At this point during the off-season, there is little to no reason for him to be talking any trash. So he doesnt.

The networks just want to keep the controversy going because it brings in ratings.

Yup.

ivotuk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":8e3l8tqs said:
Hawknballs":8e3l8tqs said:

Someone's got a crush...

His comment to the effect that he wasn't going to let anyone dictate how he answers a question made it pretty clear. He's not going to give the media what they want, which is drama. At least not right now.

All this talk about him being brilliant though? To me he looks a little uncomfortable during the back and forth with Skip and even in this interview. His speech pattern seems to change and it seems like he has a hard time finding the words when things get a little heated or should i say, "awkward"? This is just my opinion, but I don't get "brilliant media mastermind" from watching this kid talk on television.

Glad to see that he's reigning it in a bit though. I love the football player, not sure how I feel about the person yet.

Disagree with you, I believe Sherman planned that interview and knew exactly what he was going to say. Any hesitancy was because the man was exhausted from doing charity work, you could see the fatigue on his face. I admire his ability to handle a tough situation like that with little to no sleep. I doubt many, if anyone on this board is capable of that.

Richard is selling his brand, and has been extremely successful at it. Just look at how he has gone from a 5th round draft pick to All Pro on the NFL set and in demand interviewee. Looks very masterful to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think it would be flippen hilarious if he just all the sudden stopped talking any junk at all when he's on tv. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves. But like others have said, he's doing thing on his terms, love it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
How awesome was it watching Sherm and Coach high five Snoop Dogg though??

taz291819

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":frqyztzi said:
Someone's got a crush...

I don't know about brilliant, but he is pretty damn smart. Athlete or not, graduating from Stanford isn't a walk in the park.