Highlight vid of an underrated Seahawk

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Loved Wright's game since he first step foot on the field. I think we have another young talent in Malcolm Smith once he gets to playing more

Throwdown

Reaction score
KJ Wright is crazy underrated, you have to appreciate what he does on the field.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Great open field tackler and one of my favorite LBs. I'll be interested to see how his role evolves this year. It sounds like the coaches are working on ways to keep him on the field.

Cartire

Reaction score
Even his rookie year was super impressive. This guy does so much good for the defense. The pain of being a OLB in a 4-3 scheme though is not getting enough credit where its due. Criminally underrated. But in a sea of all-star talent on the defense, them the breaks.

EDIT: Im drunk enough (and the high heat here near death valley) to decide to change my avatar to one of the most underrated players on the team. This video made me happy, and KJ needs some reppin.

drdiags

Reaction score
KJ has always been a play maker, from his rookie year when he setup Red Bryant's TD interception against the Bears and Hawthorne's interception against the Ravens. The team definitely made the right move getting him on the field in place of A Curry. Fills a significant role on defense but a position that may not be a high priority for re-signing when his rookie contract expires.

I like the way he plays the game.

Sac

Reaction score
With the market what it is for linebackers not named Willis, Lewis, and Urlacher we should be able to keep him.

wanderinghawk

Reaction score
I love when he hits gronkowski in the back and drives his elbow when he gets up....Attitude!!!

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
Man everybody in the gameday chat knows the love I have for the spidermonkey. Have seen it since he was a rookie straight beast. God I hope he is a hawk forever.

dunceface

Reaction score
I forgot how buck wild he went in that cowpies game even dropping into coverage on Witten...BEAST

bobk3333

Reaction score
I'm not sure why Bobby Wagner gets all the credit. Wagner is a very good young player, but KJ Wright is the best Seahawk LB and one of the best in the league - he should be in the pro bowl and in the Top 100 players after this season.

I'm happy that Dan Quinn sees how good KJ is and is publicly praising him.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Wright is favorite player on the Seahawks defense after Brandon Mebane. Clearly underrated and capable of becoming so much better.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wright has that long frame that makes him stand out when standing next to others. He has got to be one of the biggest olb's in the league. We also have a huge saftey in KAm, our outside CB's are giants, and we have the heaviest 4-3 DE in Red. This is a defense full is unique players and KJ is a good one. The comment that he's better than Wagner is questionable but I love his game. Both are great LB's and by the end of next year might be on par with the Bowman Willis combo.

firebee

Reaction score
I'd like to see Wright be used more as a roaming Linebacker, but we need some guys to step up, so we can use him in that capacity. It seems like he's kind of stuck strongside, unless a linebacker or two steps up and gives us the ability to move him around. The only reason Wagner got more props last year than Wright is because he played the Middle and he had better stats.

I guess the pundits completely brainfart the fact that Wright was helping Wagner be in the right place and make the right calls because he played Middle the year before, and they just seem to completely ignore the fact that Wright was consistently making big plays last year, albeit in coverage or getting in the backfield. I'm just hoping that Smith, Irvin, Toomer or Lotulelei will pop off and give us a versatile linebacking corp. to work with.

On paper... Our defense looks real good this year.

kearly

Reaction score
He was so good last preseason, I thought he was on the verge of superstardom. I'm not sure what happened after that, I thought his 2012 season was alright, but mixed. I don't like how he's moving to WILL, it's like the Seahawks equivalent of putting Raul in the outfield to keep him in the lineup. But whatever. He's a good player who has flashed dominance. I'm curious to see how he does this year.

Nice video, too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":333wjtgt said:
With the market what it is for linebackers not named Willis, Lewis, and Urlacher we should be able to keep him.

Sometimes the ridiculous "Name Game" that is stardom in modern sports media helps, for sure.

Tical21

Reaction score
Solid player, but hasn't yet taken that next step we are hoping for. There is one way to tell when a 4-3 OLB is a stud--when there is a play going on and some guy comes out of nowhere and completely blows up a play, and you say "whoa! Who the heck was that!?" For as solid as he has been, he hasn't gotten there yet.

dunceface

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1n89uwcu said:
All signs point to a breakout season.

Is it wrong that I kinda feel like 60% of our roster is gonna have a breakout season? :229031_shrug: