NBA Draft Thread

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Blazers tonight traded 2 euro's and 2 second round draft picks to Houston for Thomas Robinson. I loved that dude in the draft last year, but he's already on his 3rd team after being the 5th overall selection. High upside and we got him for nothing. I kind of like it, good backup for Aldridge.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
I like that, he's got a bum rap for the reasons why he's on his 3rd team, kings situation and the Rockets are going all in on Howard.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ktug75m said:
I like that, he's got a bum rap for the reasons why he's on his 3rd team, kings situation and the Rockets are going all in on Howard.

Agree'd. Rumor is that it might be the precursor to a larger trade in which the Blazers would get Omar Asik if the Rockets do land Howard. That would be big for the Blazers as they desperately need a center.

SirTed

Reaction score
JSeahawks":hdtq1mjz said:
Throwdown":hdtq1mjz said:

Agree'd. Rumor is that it might be the precursor to a larger trade in which the Blazers would get Omar Asik if the Rockets do land Howard. That would be big for the Blazers as they desperately need a center.

I just don't understand the NBA, sometimes. Why in the hell would Houston pursue Howard when they already have Asik, who will cost millions less.

Confession - I HATE Dwight Howard. IMO, he's got to be the worst "superstar" in the whole league. I don't even remember now how many years he's been in the league but it's pushing 10 and he still has the ugliest post game I've ever seen. I swear to god, SHAQ looked better in the post than Howard, and I wonder sometimes if Shaq even understood the game. Howard can rebound and defend like crazy - no doubt. But so can Asik, so I'm just not sure what they get out of it.

Plus, and I think this is something Simmons has mentioned that I tend to agree with. Is there a less marketable "star" in the NBA right now? What excites you about going to see Howard?

I just don't see it.

All that to say, JHawks, if somehow the Blazers can pull that one off I'll be impressed. They'll have sped up what looked like a LOONG rebuild into potentially being 2-3 years away from contending in the West, especially with SA falling off.

Now if someone would just teach Lillard how to defend...oh wait! I heard GP is going to tutor him. Awesome ;-)

SirTed

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":oy7e3j8l said:
JSeahawks":oy7e3j8l said:
Throwdown":oy7e3j8l said:

I don't rate Asik. He had a decent season last year with the Rockets, but he's not that great overall.

That's funny - I LOVE Asik's game. Never going to be a star, but fills 2 boxes, rebounding and defense really well, IMO.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Asik's fine IMO, he's not soft by any means. I just don't know what Houston's doing, Howard isn't going to want to play with Lin, who still can't defend.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Another move I don't understand is the Knicks going for Bargnani, Knicks are soft already do they really need to add more softness?

SirTed

Reaction score
I just read on Yahoo that there's rumors that the Blazers tried to snag J. Noah for LaMarcus. The Bulls declined but may have offered either Deng / Boozer AND Jimmy Butler and the rights to the Bobcats 1st rounder in 20??.

If I'm the Blazers I'M ALL OVER THIS. I know all these Portlanders love them some Alderidge but let's be serious for a minute. They'll be in no place to win with him in the next 2 years and if I could flip him for Boozer (a very comparable player to LA, not quite as good but close) AND Jimmy Butler (who I like better than Deng AND the horrible Bobcats 1st rounder from some season in the next 5 years - You HAVE to take it. I wouldn't even have let them hang up.

Latest posts