For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.

OP
OP
R

rideaducati

Reaction score
NinerBuff":2vrcybeu said:
rideaducati,

Thanks for the response. Most of your points are accurate, but slanted towards diminishing Kaep (which is understandable considering he's now your biggest obstacle to making a deep playoff run).

And yes, Kaep was raw last season. He made a few silly mistakes and didn't have the full playbook when he started after Alex's injury. But he passed every hurdle and performed much better than almost anyone would have hoped. And really, if he'd completed one of the passes from 5yds out in SB, this would be a totally different discussion. He improved throughout the season and had 3 really good playoff starts.

He's legit and it will only be a matter of time before you agree.

I don't think he's gonna be very good. Like I said, there is a reason he couldn't beat out Alex Smith.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
NorCal":248ylnt4 said:
The Webzone is something awful. Even most niner fans know that

Yep. Not sure why fans of opposing teams like to go there to build their opinion of us from.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rideaducati":1wper33g said:
NinerBuff":1wper33g said:
rideaducati,

Thanks for the response. Most of your points are accurate, but slanted towards diminishing Kaep (which is understandable considering he's now your biggest obstacle to making a deep playoff run).

And yes, Kaep was raw last season. He made a few silly mistakes and didn't have the full playbook when he started after Alex's injury. But he passed every hurdle and performed much better than almost anyone would have hoped. And really, if he'd completed one of the passes from 5yds out in SB, this would be a totally different discussion. He improved throughout the season and had 3 really good playoff starts.

He's legit and it will only be a matter of time before you agree.

I don't think he's gonna be very good. Like I said, there is a reason he couldn't beat out Alex Smith.

It really is the million dollar question. You can look at Kaep in several ways. Love him and focus on his arm strength and running ability while you ignore his red zone and 3rd down deficiency, hate him an focus on his progressions (or general lack there of) while ignoring his arm strength and legs or try and be fair and consider everything.

I am unsure of him myself. I don't think you can completely dismiss his success's or deny his short comings. He has a very strong arm but does he have touch? A Niner fan will say of course but I think it is a much bigger question. Look at his completion percentage but then factor in how well Crabtree got open early and where most of Kaeps targets went to.

Someone posted some stats of his success rate to Crabtree vs everyone else and it was eye opening to say the least. A great QB will make his receivers better like Brady has done for years (as long as he has some targets he will make the rest serviceable) and some receivers make QB's better like AJ Green and crew have done for Dalton but even with that said there are sometimes just to much to overcome like Fitzgerald with anyone other than Warner or Hasselbeck without a single starting caliber receiver on the team.

That said I think Crabtree's role in Kaep's success last year is being way under rated. The chemistry between the two along with Kaep's arm strength after building some confidence created a winning combination that not only made Kaep's job much easier it also made the rest of the receiving crew more successful. As well as running game. Crabtree really was that good.

Now without Crabtree we will get to see if Kaep can become Alex Smith. Can he execute a screen, read defenses well enough to utilize his dump off's when no one is open. Can he recognize when Boldin is open and put the ball in a position were he has the best chance to fight for it?

Alex Smith proved with that running game, O-line and defense holding opponents to manageable scores, they could still win because Smith had become a master of the dink and dunk. Creating long time consuming drives that ate the clock and almost always resulted in points on the board. As time went on he become more confident and started stretching the field much better. Given time I think he may have become one of the leagues better QB's. The question now is can Keap do the same?

Without Crabtree, unless Kaep can be successful with Boldin it will make it much easier for defenses to stack the box and slow down the running game while taking away Kaeps running lanes. If that happens then every defense that does it will start to look like the defenses that Shut Kaep down last year. You need those threats receiving to hold the defense at bay. Without it you will become much more one dimensional.

I suspect Kaeps red zone and 3rd down rate will actually decline this year and I think it is inevitable. I know many Niner fans will argue it but there is a thread in the Niners webzone that says 67% of the fans believe their receiving core is better right now than they were last year even without Crabtree. So I think you can consider that when factoring their opinion.

I think it is obvious if Kaep has a decent system around him with good threats at receiver, he can be a good QB but that does not answer the question of is he a good QB. We will get to see this year if Kaep really is a good QB or if he is a product of his system. My prediction is alot of Niner fans are going to be very surprised and upset this year and talk of letting Alex Smith go will also be a hot topic, especially if Smith has any success in KC.

In fairness I won't hold this year against Kaep any more than I held the last few years in Seattle against Hasselbeck. Keap still has a dominant O-line and running game that Matt didn't and he still has at least one good receiver and VD but for the most part it stops there. We seen how quickly an allpro QB can become ineffective and look like a bad QB when the system around him crumbles. We will see if playing with a limited receiver crew will be Kap's demise or not but hey he at least has a solid team surrounding him beside the receiving crew.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NinerLifer":10mj347p said:
NorCal":10mj347p said:

Yep. Not sure why fans of opposing teams like to go there to build their opinion of us from.

Where should we go? The other popular Niners website won't even let you read unless you are a member and they won't let any Seahawks fans become members.

I have seen nearly every Niner fan that post's here posting on the webzone also, so why do you guys go there if it is so bad. Were you kicked off the good sites?

When there is nothing left here to read I at least get a few laughs reading the Webzone even though I don't bother posting. Mabye my fear factor is not as great as some here because the comments I read over there give me no desire to go correct any of them, I just get a laugh at how dumb so many of them are.

I hear your receiving crew is better now than last year, even without Crabtree. What do you think? HAHA, sorry but that is some pretty funny shit right there. Apparently your 4th round receiver is already surpassing your 1st from last year. Boldin is as good as Crabtree and Reid, Tank and McDonald are already slotted for the probowl.

The homerism over their is beyond anything from any team forum I have ever read so if there is a place you recommend for actual intelligent conversation, please tell us because all I am seeing is a bunch of ridiculous homers everywhere I look.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2uk8vl3h said:
NinerLifer":2uk8vl3h said:
NorCal":2uk8vl3h said:

Where should we go? The other popular Niners website won't even let you read unless you are a member and they won't let any Seahawks fans become members.

I have seen nearly every Niner fan that post's here posting on the webzone also, so why do you guys go there if it is so bad. Were you kicked off the good sites?

When there is nothing left here to read I at least get a few laughs reading the Webzone even though I don't bother posting. Mabye my fear factor is not as great as some here because the comments I read over there give me no desire to go correct any of them, I just get a laugh at how dumb so many of them are.

I hear your receiving crew is better now than last year, even without Crabtree. What do you think? HAHA, sorry but that is some pretty funny shit right there. Apparently your 4th round receiver is already surpassing your 1st from last year. Boldin is as good as Crabtree and Reid, Tank and McDonald are already slotted for the probowl.

The homerism over their is beyond anything from any team forum I have ever read so if there is a place you recommend for actual intelligent conversation, please tell us because all I am seeing is a bunch of ridiculous homers everywhere I look.

49ers.com

I am aware that u must be registered to read it though. That was done due to the fact that on game days the site would get so bogged down by 100's of "guests" which made it almost impossible to post during the game in the game day threads. If you really are interested in a better class of discussion from fans who have been fans of the team like me since birth (thanks grandma!) then I suggest registering. There are already Seahawk fans registered there so I don't know anything about not allowing them.

There is of course the normal fan rivalry type of posting there, but nothing worse than is posted here by hawk fans. Actually it's heavily moderated over there since it is the official 49er forum connected to the team so the language is very mild compared to what's allowed here.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I don't know why either but I tried to register and my request came back saying I was missing something but never gave me a way to fix it and anytime I have tried since it directs me to that bit of missing information.

Just tried again and it says "RichNhansom, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

The website is directing me to that page anytime I try and log in.

Anyway, I doubt the posters are any different. Only experience I have so far with 49.com isn't giving me reason to think any different.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1awysz4f said:
NinerLifer":1awysz4f said:
I would guess it is the last part, "Awaiting activation".

For over a year?

It took me over a year to get activated honestly. I finally decided to click on the 'ol "contact us" link and sent a message to the mods. It was activated ricky tick!

Not sure why it goes down like that sometimes. In all fairness it took me over a year to get granted access to this sight as well. I tried to get access here even when Sing was coaching the Niners.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RedAlice":34pgs32o said:
RichNhansom":34pgs32o said:
NinerLifer":34pgs32o said:
I would guess it is the last part, "Awaiting activation".

For over a year?

How did they know you are a Hawk fan? Your username doesn't refer to them.

Yeah I don't know that it is just the way it feels if you know what I mean.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
49ers.com doesn't allow you to register using something free like gmail.com or anything. It has to be paid like comcast.net or sbcglobal.net. use something like that and you'll get registered within a couple days

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
look@dafilm":30pqu7m4 said:
49ers.com doesn't allow you to register using something free like gmail.com or anything. It has to be paid like comcast.net or sbcglobal.net. use something like that and you'll get registered within a couple days
Jesus Christ, how anal is that?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hey now! Don't talk bad about the Chief's savior for their sad receiving corps. I still have to watch them for 7-8 games.

Also that paid email to apply to 40whiner.com is a screen to never allow non ninner fans in. Weak, very weak. You 49er fans better appreciate the fact we let you in and treat you with respect the vast majority of the time. That doesn't happen at other Seahawk sites.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1e7fll3f said:
Hey now! Don't talk bad about the Chief's savior for their sad receiving corps. I still have to watch them for 7-8 games.

Also that paid email to apply to 40whiner.com is a screen to never allow non ninner fans in. Weak, very weak. You 49er fans better appreciate the fact we let you in and treat you with respect the vast majority of the time. That doesn't happen at other Seahawk sites.

thank goodness for the.....hospitality? am I supposed to kneel down and praise the almighty seachi.....seahawks? this is the most amazing seahawks board ever, no....nfl board ever. dangeruss = jesus, marshawn = god, and sherman = sherman (no one can compare to him!) just tell the other 31 teams to give it a rest now and pack it in until 2017 because the SB victory is going to to to seattle, book it 19-0 for the next 4 seasons at least!) that about cover it? :thirishdrinkers:

as for your "interpretation" of why that rule exists, you're both wrong. its to prevent unnecessary trolls from creating endless accounts. I would think that would be pretty obvious.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
you know, You seadderal fans better appreciate the fact I let you in on "the big secret" and treat you with respect so that you all can come over there to have a discussion. That doesn't happen at other 49er sites.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
That was my thought....this should get fun. I did try to reach out. Obviously I must have done something incorrectly? I apologize for not understanding the current protocol.

OP
OP
R

rideaducati

Reaction score
look@dafilm":edmqfsre said:
you know, You seadderal fans better appreciate the fact I let you in on "the big secret" and treat you with respect so that you all can come over there to have a discussion. That doesn't happen at other 49er sites.

I thought "the big secret" for niner fans had something to do with assless chaps.