Second favorite team

CANHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":10y2ltym said:
Chargers are my #2. First time I saw them on a color TV in like 1966 (yes, I am that old) I immediately fell in love with them because of the powder blue jerseys, gold lightening bolts, etc. Berman says those are the best unis in the history of sports and I agree. Living down there for 13 years cemented my enjoyment of them. #3 Packers and Raiders. They all go back to the 60s when there were no Seahawks of course and once the Hawks came into existence those three all took a very, very distant backseat to them.

I have never been able to get the amount of love that the "baby blanket blue" uniforms get. Baby blue on white? That's supposed to look good? They look like they're getting all snuggled up for naptime, not getting ready for a football game. That uniform just screams "push me down and take my lunch money because I'm a giant pussy" to me.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
CANHawk":37ekixe1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":37ekixe1 said:
Chargers are my #2. First time I saw them on a color TV in like 1966 (yes, I am that old) I immediately fell in love with them because of the powder blue jerseys, gold lightening bolts, etc. Berman says those are the best unis in the history of sports and I agree. Living down there for 13 years cemented my enjoyment of them. #3 Packers and Raiders. They all go back to the 60s when there were no Seahawks of course and once the Hawks came into existence those three all took a very, very distant backseat to them.

I have never been able to get the amount of love that the "baby blanket blue" uniforms get. Baby blue on white? That's supposed to look good? They look like they're getting all snuggled up for naptime, not getting ready for a football game. That uniform just screams "push me down and take my lunch money because I'm a giant pussy" to me.
Hahaha, agree. And the lightning bolt on the helmet looks like a sticker that some 10-year-old kid would slap onto his bike.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Throwdown":1frqmj7f said:
I suppose its not about teams for me, I do like seeing individual players I like succeed like Cam Newton & Andre Johnson.

I pretty much agree. I always have had a soft spot for the Lions because I liked Barry Sanders and Chris Spielman. After they left, I still kinda like em, but don't follow them much. My wife is from Michigan, so now I have another reason to kinda root for them, although she doesn't root for them. Cincy is also an underdog I root for when nothing else is on the line.

I've also always liked teams with great defenses. For this reason, I respected the Steelers (until SB XL), and the Ravens, and I always dug how the Bears have a good defense and a blue collar type of team atmosphere. I never disliked the Niners until very recently, we weren't rivals and they sucked, now it's getting good and juicy. I hate the Cowboys with a passion. I also dislike the Patriots until recently (now that they're not winning everything, I respect the hell out of Brady), can't stand the Stealers, and I'm getting tired of the Colts with all the Luck Love. I really liked the Colts with Manning, as I respected the player. Now that he's in Denver, it's harder because I've grown up disliking the Donkeys as a divisional rival.

Most other teams I'm pretty much ambivalent.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Dad is from Wisconsin and we rooted for the Packers and Vikings when they were on. Always liked the Bears as well. Loved the Steelers from their run in the 70s when I was real young - Mean Joe Coke commercial and championships... I still feel odd hating them now based off the one game, especially after all those years.

Always "hated" the Cowboys, Broncos, Raiders and then the 49ers in the late 80s. Was the first time I ever witnessed big time bandwagoning, where everyone was suddenly walking around town with Niner hats on - in Seattle.

Today, I just love watching football. Any game will do and I'll generally just start cheering for whatever team is losing (unless on hated list.)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
My second favorite team is every other team in the Squeelers division.

Though I have a soft spot for long-time struggling teams like the Browns and the Bills. Happy to see the Bengals doing well.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
dunceface":3bovw6of said:
Sonichellboy":3bovw6of said:
Having lived in SD for over 30 years I've developed a soft spot for the Chargers. Especially since we're not in the same division anymore.

Living here gives me ample chance to talk/hear about them as well and I dont have anything against them except that piggy face Rivers makes when hes bitching at people...its just the uninformed apathetic fans that bug me
Oh man, the fanbase is rough. I have had conversations with people and come away wondering if we're talking about the same sport. Lots of them just want to fight Raider fans anyway...

warden

Reaction score
Vancouver Canucks are my second favourite team

dunceface

Reaction score
Sonichellboy":3dkqn9ec said:
dunceface":3dkqn9ec said:
Sonichellboy":3dkqn9ec said:
Having lived in SD for over 30 years I've developed a soft spot for the Chargers. Especially since we're not in the same division anymore.

Living here gives me ample chance to talk/hear about them as well and I dont have anything against them except that piggy face Rivers makes when hes bitching at people...its just the uninformed apathetic fans that bug me
Oh man, the fanbase is rough. I have had conversations with people and come away wondering if we're talking about the same sport. Lots of them just want to fight Raider fans anyway...

Hahaha true...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I love Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Oakland with all my heart. In fact, I love them more than the Seahawks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
That moment you realize that teachers have summer break as well... That would explain the drug induced post Montana just made.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1y6c2886 said:
Detroit Lions for me, by default because all of my friends are and I have watched the team a lot. I live in Michigan.
I am so glad that the Lions are not my favorite team. I feel sorry for most of my friends. lol

me too - grew up in da U.P. eh. . . .

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Mine this year will be the Miami dolphins, because my 10 year old daughter LIkes the colors.. .that works for me

rjdriver

Reaction score
Cleveland Browns...

An old father figure neighbor from Cleveland

I hope they do well, but the Hawks are my only favorite team.

Riley12

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nnch1b0 said:
Non-applicable. 100% Seahawks, 0% every other team.

That's me too.

If we played in a league of our own and invited other teams to play us, I would be just fine with that.

fisholot

Reaction score
well I gotta go with the Raiders for my #2.. Born in Oakland and its easy now that there in a different division.....

GO HAWKS