Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Harbs has a chance if Colin Kraeptastik is the next Andrew Luck.

Reaction score
Lol - here's a B/R article that we're all bound to like:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1537 ... -qb/page/9

For those who don't want to read the link - they list young QB's as follows:
7: Tannehill
6: Newton
5: Stafford
4: Kaepernick
3: RG3
2: Luck
1: Russell Wilson

:)

Of course now fans of the other QB's are whining just like we were - and it's fair - all the QBs are young and other than Stafford and Newton they only have 1 year of NFL experience under their belts. Should be interesting to see how lists like this appear after next season :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There must be a lot more focus or specialized camps for kids to learn the QB position. We have never seen this kind of talent at QB entering the league at one time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":vx0s21ir said:
Lol - here's a B/R article that we're all bound to like:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1537 ... -qb/page/9

For those who don't want to read the link - they list young QB's as follows:
7: Tannehill
6: Newton
5: Stafford
4: Kaepernick
3: RG3
2: Luck
1: Russell Wilson

:)

Of course now fans of the other QB's are whining just like we were - and it's fair - all the QBs are young and other than Stafford and Newton they only have 1 year of NFL experience under their belts. Should be interesting to see how lists like this appear after next season :)

Just as i said when a Bleacher Report aticle said Kaep was better...

Ignore anything on that site.

BigBay49

Reaction score
I was never a fan of comparing two talented QBs based on numbers and wins. Nobody on the SF or SEA side can argue that the other QB isn't amazingly talented. There is so much more that goes into an NFL team. If the two QBs swapped places they probably would have the same success on either team. Russell is younger and Kap only played half a season granted. Although both showed clutch skills as well as incredible arm talent and football IQ. At this point it isn't a matter of QB as both teams are solid at that position. It comes down to coaching defense and offensive weapons. Both teams are so similar that you have to start nit picking things like special teams and game plans/homefield advantage.

JDSeahawks

Reaction score
So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

Here's a few things in the author's summary, to see more, click on his name:

"ABOUT
I'm a recent graduate from San Francisco State University with a degree in Journalism. I live and breathe sports, particularly any from the Bay Area.

Favorite Sports Teams: San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers

Most Memorable Game Attended: January 12, 2013, 49ers/Packers playoff game."

etc, etc....I think that helps explain his (cough) "article."

NinerLifer

Reaction score
JDSeahawks":3zcsk7ve said:
So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT
I'm a recent graduate from San Francisco State University with a degree in Journalism. I live and breathe sports, particularly any from the Bay Area.

Exactly what BR isn't worth referencing as a supporting argument to anything. Most of the time it is just some dude that decided to switch from message boards to pretending even more that his opinion mattered. Just a bunch of homers acting like analysts.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":n39dz3bw said:
Those who ponder star power as a criteria for rating athletes are either Nike marketing dweebs or devotees of "reality" TV.
Neither can find their asses in the dark with both hands.

(apologies to our Nike marketing brethren)
Brother Rocket makes a couple of good points there!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NinerLifer":35992jif said:
JDSeahawks":35992jif said:

"ABOUT

Exactly what BR isn't worth referencing as a supporting argument to anything. Most of the time it is just some dude that decided to switch from message boards to pretending even more that his opinion mattered. Just a bunch of homers acting like analysts.

For a good time read his pregame analysis of the last Hawks /Niners game.
Now to his credit, the Niners were fresh off the NE game, but you could read the Niner fan in him if the piece was written in Chinese.

There is nothing wrong with putting together a post that reads with favoritism, especially if you come out and show your colors, but to attempt to make it seem balanced while bleeding the Home team blood just reads stupid.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
I'm in a hurry to crown unproven quarterbacks with long charts full of winning stats.

Lets see what Dennis Green has to say about that shall we?

[youtube]ty0u4gqQNuI[/youtube]

est.1985

Reaction score
kearly":d3hfpi24 said:
The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.

This is baffling. I'm a 49ers fan, but I'm no idiot. Wilson is a top-notch QB, but you're either over-selling Wilson or under-selling Kaep. Where did you even come up with such a comparison? Rodgers is light years ahead of Smith, whereas most people can't even be sure who is better between Wilson and Kaep.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
est.1985":1y6nohn7 said:
kearly":1y6nohn7 said:
The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.

This is baffling. I'm a 49ers fan, but I'm no idiot. Wilson is a top-notch QB, but you're either over-selling Wilson or under-selling Kaep. Where did you even come up with such a comparison? Rodgers is light years ahead of Smith, whereas most people can't even be sure who is better between Wilson and Kaep.
:snack:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
BigBay49":vianflaa said:
I was never a fan of comparing two talented QBs based on numbers and wins. Nobody on the SF or SEA side can argue that the other QB isn't amazingly talented. There is so much more that goes into an NFL team. If the two QBs swapped places they probably would have the same success on either team. Russell is younger and Kap only played half a season granted. Although both showed clutch skills as well as incredible arm talent and football IQ. At this point it isn't a matter of QB as both teams are solid at that position. It comes down to coaching defense and offensive weapons. Both teams are so similar that you have to start nit picking things like special teams and game plans/homefield advantage.

Lets see well one Wilson is younger, has less league experience as Kaep came in 2011, Wilson 2012. Wilson also played on younger offense, and younger team overall.

No offense or nothing Kaepernick might be better after this season but Wilson is better now. We'll see if Wilson can expand his second half success for a full-season and whether or not Kaepernick can become a consistent pocket passer than another Michael Vick.

Giedi

Reaction score
JDSeahawks":e1g8acbo said:

"ABOUT

Every Journalist is biased. Also it's the offseason, so journalists will write things that will get eyeballs. Seattle is a good team. Ruseel Wilson is a good QB. We'll see what happens in the 2nd game of the season. That will be the real indicator of who is better.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
est.1985":1cwibcjt said:
kearly":1cwibcjt said:

Do go on..... :snack:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Giedi":2i2ktx8v said:
JDSeahawks":2i2ktx8v said:

"ABOUT

Every Journalist is biased. Also it's the offseason, so journalists will write things that will get eyeballs. Seattle is a good team. Ruseel Wilson is a good QB. We'll see what happens in the 2nd game of the season. That will be the real indicator of who is better.
Actually that would be in January for our THIRD meeting if you make it there that is.:)

OP
OP
BobinLaConner

BobinLaConner

Reaction score

"ABOUT

Actually knowing the background and the bio, I am once again in a state of Seahawk Zen. Knowing this author is a homer preaching to his own choir, the article loses most of it's credibility and allows me to disregard his "rank" ranking.

Now I can just relax and wait for the next article to come out about the replacement ref saying it was the right call and let the endless Packer "worst call in the world" comments send me into orbit. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
bobincovington":jv6xobeh said:

"ABOUT

Actually knowing the background and the bio, I am once again in a state of Seahawk Zen. Knowing this author is a homer preaching to his own choir, the article loses most of it's credibility and allows me to disregard his "rank" ranking.

Now I can just relax and wait for the next article to come out about the replacement ref saying it was the right call and let the endless Packer "worst call in the world" comments send me into orbit. :)

Well...you should have ignored his "article" as soon as you saw that it was from Bleacher Report...and that's coming from a Niner fan.

OP
OP
BobinLaConner

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
since we are now telling other fan bases what they should do....oh nevermind