NBA Draft Thread

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Seanhawk":20tv1u3b said:
David Stern is embarrassing himself tonight. Can't even pronounce "Roberson" and asking for the boos to be louder-how unprofessional can you be?

Yeah he didn't fair well at all. From the words of Bill Simmons, "18 months to retire..."

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":2y9rbi7a said:
Blazers got Jeff Withey???? Niiiiiiice

I wanted to punch that dude in the face for the whole NCAA tourney. Great shot blocker though.

Now just have to see what happens with Lamarcus Aldridge this summer.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I can't give a poop about this until Seattle has an NBA team again.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1ony9hgj said:
Seanhawk":1ony9hgj said:
David Stern is embarrassing himself tonight. Can't even pronounce "Roberson" and asking for the boos to be louder-how unprofessional can you be?

Yeah he didn't fair well at all. From the words of Bill Simmons, "18 months to retire..."

I thought he was funny and sarcastic, as always. I know y'all hate him, but he's always entertaining, imo.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Simmons will forever have my respect for his constant riding for us Sonics fans, could care less for his actual basketball opinion though.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":nziv4olc said:
Throwdown":nziv4olc said:
Blazers got Jeff Withey???? Niiiiiiice

I wanted to punch that dude in the face for the whole NCAA tourney. Great shot blocker though.

Now just have to see what happens with Lamarcus Aldridge this summer.

I loved Withey, dude brings it every play, you'll never see him slack off, what he lacks in athleticism he makes up for heart and hustle. Aside from Oladipo, and Porter, Withey was my favorite prospect.

He has a punchable face, nothing says Portland better than a punchable face.

pehawk

Reaction score
"Good lord, an 18 month retirement tour...the Stones retired sooner..." - Simmons

"Shhh, dont get fired Bill" - Jalen

Bill's basketball opinions are SOLID. Dude's not a hack, he knows his shit. He can hang with anyone. Homeboy can breakdown the Bucks 12th man.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
There was rumors last night the Thunder wanted Victor Oladipo, and were trying to move to #2 for him, I would've been highly pissed as they seem to always take players I wanted, specially dating back to the 2008 draft, bastards.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Portland came out of this draft looking pretty damn good, now we wait for free agency :D I do not watch college ball much but I did catch a couple of Kansas games and watched Withey during the tourney and was thinking this dude plays hard!

I asked a buddy his thoughts about Portland drafting McCollum and his response was think Thomas and Dumars.......

SirTed

Reaction score
pehawk":32pq4kl3 said:
"Good lord, an 18 month retirement tour...the Stones retired sooner..." - Simmons

"Shhh, dont get fired Bill" - Jalen

Bill's basketball opinions are SOLID. Dude's not a hack, he knows his shit. He can hang with anyone. Homeboy can breakdown the Bucks 12th man.

Everybody's gotta love Simmons, man. As you said, his basketball IQ is about as high as a fan can get. TNT better watch out. The ABC studio show is gaining on them. Hiring Shaq to sit there and say retarded things was the worst thing they ever did. Ugh.

To your question about him doing SNF or MNF -
I don't know about you but I don't really dig his insights into football at all.

His baseball knowledge is probably in between. Not that I would really know, I guess. But I miss his Jack-O pods re: Yankees / Redsox. Gotta bring those back.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I really hope LaMarcus stays in Portland, or that the Blazers can at least get some solid value for him. He's a really nice piece and losing him would set the rebuild back another year or more.

I kind of pay attention to the Blazers and since the NBA boned the Sonics again, I'm going to pay a little more attention to the Blazers. I need something to help get me through the NFL offseason.

pehawk

Reaction score
Dumars and Thomas? I'm thinking the Trailblazers just turned into a poormans/north version of the Warriors. It should be HELLA fun having two shooters AND scorers in the same backcourt. Most players now can only score or shoot, but not both.

Curry and Thompson wouldn't be a big thing in the 80's...thats just what guards do. Hell, shooting guards cant really shoot anymore. The should just be called "other guard" from now on...unless its McCollum, Thompson, Ginobli (jk).