Second favorite team

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
dunceface":3opa027f said:
Sonichellboy":3opa027f said:
Having lived in SD for over 30 years I've developed a soft spot for the Chargers. Especially since we're not in the same division anymore.

Living here gives me ample chance to talk/hear about them as well and I dont have anything against them except that piggy face Rivers makes when hes bitching at people...its just the uninformed apathetic fans that bug me

I've always sort of liked the Chargers since back when Dan Fouts was slingin for em but Philip Rivers is ultra-douche 3300.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I am a 100% Seahawk fan, but I did root hard for the Saints the year they won the Superbowl. Always have been a fan of Drew Brees.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
All Seahawks for me. But I had some close calls...

Born in Cali, my earliest football memories are of Raiders, Chargers, and Niners. I left when I was 6. Never got attached.
Moved to St. Louis. The Cardinals were there, then they left when I was in junior high. Never got attached.
Left St. Louis just before the Rams moved in. I was happy for the town to get a Lombardi Trophy, but I was long gone. Never got attached.
Moved to Seattle, briefly. It was a weird year. The Seahawks were still in the AFC.
Moved to Kansas City. Watched Chiefs games with friends. Elvis Grbac didn't do it for me. Schottenheimer choosing Grbac over Gannon really didn't do it for me. Never got attached.
Moved back to Seattle at first opportunity. I decided the Seahawks would be my NFL team forever. For better or worse. Around the clock!

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
Growing up in Seattle in the 90's you obviously had the home town teams to support and always did, but I, like many others took to players in sports and liked the teams accrodingly

Thurman Thomas was my football hero.....Bills were my favourite team out with Seattle
Kevin Johnson was my basketball hero: Loved the Phoneix Suns (can you believe that now with the whole Sacramento thing...ughhhhhh)
Daryll Strawberry was my baseball hero (out with Griffey) and had a soft spot for the mets & dodgers

Now a days I dont really like other teams except our hawks. I tend to support teams playing agaisnt teams I dont like, such as any opponents of the patriots, steelers or niners

The Radish

Reaction score
As I've said before I'm a Seahawks fan but not an NFL fan.

I had my favorites through the years from the late 50s till now but its getting like baseball, very hard to like the sport. I do pay a small bit of attention to the 'Boys only because my former boss/O'Reilly's store manager and I still talk football and he has never outgrown them.

You can imagine we've had some interesting conversations through the years. lol

When the Seahawks are done playing the football season is over, never watch another game and have only watched one SB since about the 25th. Up to then I used to be able to tell you who won every game.

:les:

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I don't have a 2nd "favorite" team that I root for, but there are, and have been other teams that I have liked to see do well (as long as it doesn't affect the 'hawks in some negative way). I've always liked seeing Cleveland win, and hopefully one of these days they'll be a winner. I always half-heartedly rooted for the L.A. Rams. My dad is from LA, and that was his team. And also my uncle worked for them (he was a doctor/surgeon for them). Once they moved to St. Louis I stopped rooting for them altogether. I would love for them to move back to LA where they belong.

Oof

Reaction score
The only other team I rooted for in the NFL were the Redskins when Zorn became their HC. But not anymore.

I also used to root for the now defunct Everett Hawks of the NIFL/AFL2. Used to get season tickets sit in the bar and have tons of fun.

But now there can only be one... CACAW!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I guess if there was a team I would prefer to win more than anyone else not named Seahawks it would be the Dolphins. I loved the Seahawks growing up but the thing that really sucked me into loving football was watching Dan Marino throw the ball around. at the time (late 80s/early 90s) the dolphins seemed to be on TV a lot since Marino was the Petyon Manning of the time. Unless they are playing us, I always pull for the Dolphins, makes it even easier to do so ever since we moved to the NFC.

Greenhell

Reaction score
If there were no Seahawks then it would probably be Ravens. I also would like to see the Bills improve. That team/organization is long over due for some success.

samwize77

Reaction score
Theres no 2nd favorite team. I love football but tend to not watch near as emotionally when other teams are playing. Its the Hawks or no one. BUT I find its more a matter whom I dislike the most.
#1 Steelers
#2 Cowboys
#3 Niners

Hawknballs

Reaction score
samwize77":tfhminaf said:
Theres no 2nd favorite team. I love football but tend to not watch near as emotionally when other teams are playing. Its the Hawks or no one. BUT I find its more a matter whom I dislike the most.
#1 Steelers
#2 Cowboys
#3 Niners

i get your list but I would put the 9ers above the cowboys, until the cowboys stop being a joke.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
My family is from Cleveland, so the Browns. That fan base has to deal with so much failure, year after year, and they remain so crazily devoted. It's all anyone talks about in Cleveland. People would be thrilled with an 8-8 season.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I dont have a 2nd favorite team, but I have a bunch of teams that I hate and root against all the time. 49ers, stealers, Oakland, broncos , the rams, the jets are just a few off the top of my head.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I'll chime in. Seahawks have always been my favorite team. I did root for other teams in the 70's and 80's as a kid, but not as my favorite team. Just for enjoyment watching the game of football. There are always teams one loves to hate, too, which makes it more exciting when not watching the Seahawks. I did play FFB for a couple of years. Though it was fun and I was successful at it, I stopped playing because of how it started changing the way I watched the game. Just not for me. I'd rather root FOR the Seahawks and against any team that stands in their way.

I have no so-called "2nd Favorite". But, I will say that the other teams I will root for are my 2 youngest boys teams. They've played for 4 different tackle leagues. One will be in high school next fall. The association they played in this spring and will again this fall wears NFL team helmets, etc. It wasn't too bad in the spring, but this fall I'm going to have to say, "Go _ _ _ _ _ _ " for 2 games each Saturday. Maybe I'll say, "Go Blue" or something like that. It will be worth it because they will be playing for a more elite team. (There are no Seahawks teams anywhere in our area... or we might move in order to play for such a team. ;) ) My younger son (who was the star RB for his spring team) understands the difficulty. He's thinking of putting a Seahawks logo on the inside of his helmet or something like that. He actually asked if he could wear Skittles cleats! Even the mere sentiment for him to say such things is enough to bring a grown man to tears.

CANHawk

Reaction score
The Bills of the late 80's are what got me watching football in the first place, so I always have a soft spot for them. I try to keep an eye on what they're doing. Thurman Thomas was my favorite player growing up. I hope one day they are able to finally replace Jim Kelly....

Boiler

Reaction score
I have a few players I root for, like Drew Brees or any other Boilermaker, but no second favorite team. Before I was introduced to the Seahawks in the late 70s, my favorite team was the Dolphins, but any love I had for Miami went away during that game where the Dolphins beat the Hawks at Husky Stadium after Holmgren went for 3 even though he was down by 4.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Chargers are my #2. First time I saw them on a color TV in like 1966 (yes, I am that old) I immediately fell in love with them because of the powder blue jerseys, gold lightening bolts, etc. Berman says those are the best unis in the history of sports and I agree. Living down there for 13 years cemented my enjoyment of them. #3 Packers and Raiders. They all go back to the 60s when there were no Seahawks of course and once the Hawks came into existence those three all took a very, very distant backseat to them.