Second favorite team

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I think this year I will take a peek at the Raiders to see how Flynn works out.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Don't have a #2 but I always root against Pitt, NE, Was, Mia, NYG, Chi, Stl, KC and Atl

Hate to say it but I when I was younger I liked SF, Buf, Oak, and SD.

Like I root for all PAC-12 teams when the Huskies aren't playing agianst them, typically my priority is the closness to Seattle, I usually root for West Coast teams or perenial underdogs. If SF wasn't our enemy the'd be my 2nd favorite team, and when they were nobody's a few years ago I rooted for them some.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Coming from the Midwest, I became a Vikings fan out of necessity. Not that it matters though, they've become Seattle farm team.

dunceface

Reaction score
I've always liked the Ravens because of their perpetually dominant defense so its great that WE have that type of defense now

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Mine has been the Ravens. I adopted them quickly because I was able to watch a team smack the Steelers around without having to wait 4 years to do so.

Before the NFCW was rebuilt, I liked the Niners. Prior to the existence of the Hawks they were always on TV for West coast programming. At least in Oregon back in the 70s. You either watched the steelers the Raiders or the Niners back then and I always loved the underdog.

Watching them become the Dynasty team was pretty impressive. You knew there would be some good football played watching them every week. There was always a big game if that team was involved.

It didn't take long to become annoyed by the Niners though. The Ravens had my respect since they were the Browns. Watched that last game in 1995, when the players hung out with the fans. Very cool indeed, it showed that they didn't want to leave their fans. Used to love rooting for the Browns and hated seeing Elway rip their playoff runs to pieces.

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
Come on guys, i know your 2nd favorite team is the Rams!!!!! But in your heart they are #1!!! jkjk

i don't really have a 2nd favorite, but there are teams i route for, like the Buc's and Broncos since i grew up in those places. If i had it my way, every team besides the Rams would go 0-16.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Common guys, "second favorite team" is Washington Huskies!!!!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I love football so I almost always pick a team to root for when I'm watching a game. Always been a Ravens supporter but they're too mainstream now so I'm going: Seattle Mist.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3bqvbv1m said:
I love football so I almost always pick a team to root for when I'm watching a game. Always been a Ravens supporter but they're too mainstream now so I'm going: Seattle Mist.

:thirishdrinkers:

sc85sis

Reaction score
I grew up watching the Bears in the 70s and 80s, so I still have a soft spot for them. I'm really curious to see if Mark Trestman can turn that team around. I also tend to just follow the USC alums on their various NFL teams.

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
Cleveland Browns. I don't know why, but I've always rooted for them (along with Seattle of course) ever since I can remember. Its probably because they've always sucked and have given me no reason to dislike them. No douchey players, or stuff like that. Also had a friend who was a die-hard Browns fan, so there's that too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Whomever is playing the Forty ninnies, *allas, and the Stealers!
....and yes I'm down with name calling! :th2thumbs:

* = D, there is no "D" in Dallas anymore!

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
Having lived in SD for over 30 years I've developed a soft spot for the Chargers. Especially since we're not in the same division anymore.

chawx

Reaction score
I have about 4 second favorite teams that I will usually cheer for when they're not playing the Seahawks. My sons favorite teams are the Chiefs and the Bucs, I have no idea why, I've tried to indoctrinate them with only Seahawks stuff since they were tiny babies, but they grew up liking those teams for some reason? My brothers favorite team is the Colts, and I grew up to my Dad being a Raiders fan...
...but it's literally like this:

#1 Seahawks

#2. Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, and Bucs.

#30. Every other team
#31. Steelers
#32. 49ers

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Don't really have a second team but if I did I have always "liked" the Patriots, mainly because as many of you recall.. in the early 90's they were the team that was as shitty as we were.

dunceface

Reaction score
Sonichellboy":3h7hser7 said:
Having lived in SD for over 30 years I've developed a soft spot for the Chargers. Especially since we're not in the same division anymore.

Living here gives me ample chance to talk/hear about them as well and I dont have anything against them except that piggy face Rivers makes when hes bitching at people...its just the uninformed apathetic fans that bug me

fsmassey

Reaction score
Former 49er fan. Turned Seahawk last year at about mid through the season. Seahawks number one. SF was first love. But now in a monogamous relationship with the 12th man. Actually, SF is what got me noticing Seattle in the first place.

What other teams do I oggle?
Raiders and fun to watch and root for, because they fail without fail.
Broncos are cool, because Colorado is cool.

Buccaneers, Vikings, Rams, sometimes the Dolphins, are my favorite flings. Mostly because they are teams that struggle with winning records, yet are still contenders for at least wild cards, but don't get undeserved attention from media. I like those kinds of teams.

Nobody beats Seattle though. Coolest city, young team with character and heart. Best running back ever, messiah for a quarterback, a genius defensive back who will battle his wits and skills against the best, tons of great guys that fill the roster, a philanthropist/philosophic guru for a coach,

....and the best fans in the NFL.
So as long as we don't succumb to hubris