Confirmation that Jim Harbaugh = Massengill

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I like Harbaugh just the way he is. He is a great villain. and so GIFable.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3dt7bq6y said:
but I'm having a hard time joining all the Harbaugh hate.

Why? You can admit he's a great coach, while still hating him for legitimate reasons outside of his coaching skills.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
fenderbender123":11eb54wi said:
Meh...let Harbaugh be who he is. As long as he isn't hurting little girls or anyone else anymore, I don't really have a problem with how he acts. He's a fired up, emotional guy....yes...but that's no different than many other successful people today and in the history of mankind. The 49ers have a great...and I mean very great football coach, and that's all they really need from him. \

Personally, I like our coach better, but I'm having a hard time joining all the Harbaugh hate.

I tend to agree with this. Everything he does that people seem to hate on over here all stems from him being extremely competitive.

Half a dozen guys get busted for using PEDs and most of what we read over here is "just win". But its horrible for an opposing teams coach to be so competitive he comes off an ass to other teams??

OP
OP
Trenchbroom

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
seahawksflow":2viij3tq said:
fenderbender123":2viij3tq said:
Meh...let Harbaugh be who he is. As long as he isn't hurting little girls or anyone else anymore, I don't really have a problem with how he acts. He's a fired up, emotional guy....yes...but that's no different than many other successful people today and in the history of mankind. The 49ers have a great...and I mean very great football coach, and that's all they really need from him. \

Personally, I like our coach better, but I'm having a hard time joining all the Harbaugh hate.

I tend to agree with this. Everything he does that people seem to hate on over here all stems from him being extremely competitive.

Half a dozen guys get busted for using PEDs and most of what we read over here is "just win". But its horrible for an opposing teams coach to be so competitive he comes off an ass to other teams??

It's the crybaby in him that I hate. Richard Sherman is the epitome of the "hated competitor" but I think he's great because he'd never whine, piss and moan about things.

No other coach besides Jim Schwartz is a crybaby. And they both suck, period.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3g1e3xca said:
fenderbender123":3g1e3xca said:
but I'm having a hard time joining all the Harbaugh hate.

Why? You can admit he's a great coach, while still hating him for legitimate reasons outside of his coaching skills.

Probably because I see it as good, harmless entertainment.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":xbmqzsdx said:
seahawksflow":xbmqzsdx said:
fenderbender123":xbmqzsdx said:

It's the crybaby in him that I hate. Richard Sherman is the epitome of the "hated competitor" but I think he's great because he'd never whine, piss and moan about things.

No other coach besides Jim Schwartz is a crybaby. And they both suck, period.

I'll give you that he gets pissed when things don't go his way...but I can't see a reason to hate him for it.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2x1vl5yq said:
:D
you're right! He does have some great ones, and for that matter so does carroll.

OP
OP
Trenchbroom

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3bagq51r said:
I'll give you that he gets pissed when things don't go his way...but I can't see a reason to hate him for it.

Respect. Most coaches have it, he has none. And the article confirms he's been classless since he left the womb (hell he probably kicked Mama in the kidneys on the way out of the chute).

That's the thing about the Niners--since Mooch left their head coaches have all had something wrong:

Erickson = let's not go there, both groups of fans have his taint on us
Nolan = classy person/crap coach (I really liked him choosing to wear suits on the sidelines. Nice touch!)
Singletary = crybaby/crap coach ('nuff said)
Harbaugh = crybaby/good coach

Throwdown

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":5y0jx36r said:
fenderbender123":5y0jx36r said:

Respect. Most coaches have it, he has none. And the article confirms he's been classless since he left the womb (hell he probably kicked Mama in the kidneys on the way out of the chute).

That's the thing about the Niners--since Mooch left their head coaches have all had something wrong:

Erickson = let's not go there, both groups of fans have his taint on us
Nolan = classy person/crap coach (I really liked him choosing to wear suits on the sidelines. Nice touch!)
Singletary = crybaby/crap coach ('nuff said)
Harbaugh = crybaby/good coach

Haha remember when these chumps were "Rollin' with Nolan"?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NinerBuff":17l4c2eu said:
Trenchbroom":17l4c2eu said:
As long as he's winning, all's well. But when the inevitable losses come and he starts to squirt epithets and anger at his players like a d-nozzle with a full reservoir, his end will come. :0190l:

He has only nice (and sometimes over-the-top nice) things to say to his players and coaches.

Praised Alex Smith during lockout, Praised Crabtree "Best Hands Ever", Praised Jenkins this year...

I think Sherman and Baldwin would disagree with you there and that's the point. When things aren't going his way he acts like a spoiled child.

It seems pretty apparent his own brother doesn't agree with you either.

Hitting a girl with the ball, punching Jim Kelly (to be fair he was swinging at someone else and missed) sideline antics, dropping Sherman to the bottom of the receiver depth chart for not playing injured, not substituting his starters to the point of deterioration that probably pissed off some of the backups on and on. The guy is a combination of competitive at a childish level and angry at a immature level.

He has not spent a long tenure anywhere he went and is only going into year three of this one. The leadership questions are starting to come out and if the team struggles and he handles it in the way most expect, he will absolutely lose the team.

Just like many fans want to see how a QB does for more than one year, the same question comes up for Harbaugh. His passion for the game is what drives his players because that is all they know but once they learn more then respect has to take over and that gets hard to garner when acting like a spoiled child. Telling your players you need to be above reproach works until they find out your not above it yourself.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2afgg03f said:
fenderbender123":2afgg03f said:

I don't find him to be disrespectful. Hell he was nice enough to have his picture taken with that fan on this site wearing Mariners stuff. Has he had a few emotional outbursts? Yeah...but he isn't really damaging anybody or anything with that. The only thing he might be damaging is the feelings of the referees and maybe some players on the field. I'll admit that punching a guy in the face is disrespectful but that was a long time ago and I'd be willing to bet that he'll never hit another person again.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1u0otg94 said:
I look forward to Singletary Meltdown Mode. If the Niners drop the first two games, I think it might happen then. Hell, I'd love to see it happen on the sideline at our house in the 4th quarter. Sweet, sweet tears. Nectar of the gods, I say.
:th2thumbs:
<in Butthead's voice> That'd be cool! Huh huh, Huh huh!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh: "Mommy, John only won the Superbowl, because they were HOLDING!"

Momma Harbaugh: "Boys, play nice now"

John Harbaugh: "Bro, don't be a sore loser. If it makes you feel better, I'll give you Anquan Boldin for dirt cheap!"

Jim Harbaugh: "Can I have Jacoby Jones too?"

John Harbaugh: "No."

Jim Harbaugh: "Fine then! How about some cake??"

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NinerBuff":24yv7457 said:
Scottemojo":24yv7457 said:
:D
you're right! He does have some great ones, and for that matter so does carroll.

Carrollstrut

4JCINXy

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What I got from the article... Jim Harbaugh has been a major pissy jack-off his whole life... an absolute total jerk.

I wonder if his dad ever confronted him about his behavior/attitude being unacceptable when he was young.

Likely not.