Confirmation that Jim Harbaugh = Massengill

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

• Sad really. The guy is just angry man.

I see major trauma in his personal future.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• LMAO - He drilled a girl between the numbers for crowding the plate. What an ass.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Shocking!, said no one ever.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• Wow, he was a dick from childhood. I'm kind of surprised, but kind of not. My parents would have grounded me for weeks for beaning a girl for crowding the plate. I wouldn't have done it in the first place, though.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I'm honestly curious to see how our fellow Niners fans on this board will defend him.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I'm honestly curious to see how our fellow Niners fans on this board will defend him.

Harbaugh has a few screws loose. He's ultra competitive and gets under just about everyone's skin. And he's a damn good coach.

All obvious
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• NinerBuff wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'm honestly curious to see how our fellow Niners fans on this board will defend him.

Harbaugh has a few screws loose. He's ultra competitive and gets under just about everyone's skin. And he's a damn good coach.

All obvious

All of what you said is true and it's also why his approach will ultimately fail in SF. The players are soon going to tire of his antics, harsh approach and general bullshit and begin tuning him out. That will up his craziness level followed by them tuning him out further and so on.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:All of what you said is true and it's also why his approach will ultimately fail in SF. The players are soon going to tire of his antics, harsh approach and general bullshit and begin tuning him out. That will up his craziness level followed by them tuning him out further and so on.

As long as he's winning, all's well. But when the inevitable losses come and he starts to squirt epithets and anger at his players like a d-nozzle with a full reservoir, his end will come. :0190l:
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I look forward to Singletary Meltdown Mode. If the Niners drop the first two games, I think it might happen then. Hell, I'd love to see it happen on the sideline at our house in the 4th quarter. Sweet, sweet tears. Nectar of the gods, I say.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Trenchbroom wrote:As long as he's winning, all's well. But when the inevitable losses come and he starts to squirt epithets and anger at his players like a d-nozzle with a full reservoir, his end will come. :0190l:

He has only nice (and sometimes over-the-top nice) things to say to his players and coaches.

Praised Alex Smith during lockout, Praised Crabtree "Best Hands Ever", Praised Jenkins this year...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• RolandDeschain wrote:I look forward to Singletary Meltdown Mode. If the Niners drop the first two games, I think it might happen then. Hell, I'd love to see it happen on the sideline at our house in the 4th quarter. Sweet, sweet tears. Nectar of the gods, I say.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we start 0-2, I doubt it, but it wouldn't surprise me. Our first 5 games are very difficult. If we can get through 3-2, then we are in good shape for the middle season boon full of weak teams.

Losing 2 straight would be a first for Harbaugh though. We've responded resoundingly every time we've lost...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• RolandDeschain wrote:I look forward to Singletary Meltdown Mode. If the Niners drop the first two games, I think it might happen then. Hell, I'd love to see it happen on the sideline at our house in the 4th quarter. Sweet, sweet tears. Nectar of the gods, I say.

It won't be a Singletary melt down. It will be much worse.

Dude will blow his head off. The guy seriously lacks maturity and obviously has sever issues.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• An angry little man.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

• i've tried to give this dude the benefit of the doubt at times, because he is a good coach.. but the fact is he's just a horrible person, and according to his brother he always has been, and that alone makes you root against the guy.. then throw his sideline antics and stories like this in the mix, just adds fuel to my dislike for him..

He's just not a decent human being, and it's no wonder that most fans outside of SF can't stand him...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:It won't be a Singletary melt down. It will be much worse.

Dude will blow his head off. The guy seriously lacks maturity and obviously has sever issues.

I sincerely hope you're right. :) I'd love to see him blow up and start beating the hell out of one of his players, right in front of a national audience. Preferably Kaepernick.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:It won't be a Singletary melt down. It will be much worse.

I sincerely hope you're right. :) I'd love to see him blow up and start beating the hell out of one of his players, right in front of a national audience. Preferably Kaepernick.

I hope he tries to pick a fight with Andy Lee and Lee kicks his ass.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• NinerBuff wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:As long as he's winning, all's well. But when the inevitable losses come and he starts to squirt epithets and anger at his players like a d-nozzle with a full reservoir, his end will come. :0190l:

He has only nice (and sometimes over-the-top nice) things to say to his players and coaches.

Praised Alex Smith during lockout, Praised Crabtree "Best Hands Ever", Praised Jenkins this year...

Yes, that's true...BECAUSE THE NINERS ARE STILL WINNING. As soon as his players "betray" him (because OH NO the losses won't be HIS fault--they weren't when he was playing and they won't be as a coach), then you'll see fireworks.
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I sense HBP and strokes in the near future. If anyone has a death-pool, they should add him real quick.

Dude is a headcase.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Meh...let Harbaugh be who he is. As long as he isn't hurting little girls or anyone else anymore, I don't really have a problem with how he acts. He's a fired up, emotional guy....yes...but that's no different than many other successful people today and in the history of mankind. The 49ers have a great...and I mean very great football coach, and that's all they really need from him. \

Personally, I like our coach better, but I'm having a hard time joining all the Harbaugh hate.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• I like Harbaugh just the way he is. He is a great villain. and so GIFable.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• fenderbender123 wrote:but I'm having a hard time joining all the Harbaugh hate.

Why? You can admit he's a great coach, while still hating him for legitimate reasons outside of his coaching skills.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• fenderbender123 wrote:Meh...let Harbaugh be who he is. As long as he isn't hurting little girls or anyone else anymore, I don't really have a problem with how he acts. He's a fired up, emotional guy....yes...but that's no different than many other successful people today and in the history of mankind. The 49ers have a great...and I mean very great football coach, and that's all they really need from him. \

Personally, I like our coach better, but I'm having a hard time joining all the Harbaugh hate.

I tend to agree with this. Everything he does that people seem to hate on over here all stems from him being extremely competitive.

Half a dozen guys get busted for using PEDs and most of what we read over here is "just win". But its horrible for an opposing teams coach to be so competitive he comes off an ass to other teams??
    seahawksflow
    NET Rookie

• seahawksflow wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Meh...let Harbaugh be who he is. As long as he isn't hurting little girls or anyone else anymore, I don't really have a problem with how he acts. He's a fired up, emotional guy....yes...but that's no different than many other successful people today and in the history of mankind. The 49ers have a great...and I mean very great football coach, and that's all they really need from him. \

I tend to agree with this. Everything he does that people seem to hate on over here all stems from him being extremely competitive.

Half a dozen guys get busted for using PEDs and most of what we read over here is "just win". But its horrible for an opposing teams coach to be so competitive he comes off an ass to other teams??

It's the crybaby in him that I hate. Richard Sherman is the epitome of the "hated competitor" but I think he's great because he'd never whine, piss and moan about things.

No other coach besides Jim Schwartz is a crybaby. And they both suck, period.
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:but I'm having a hard time joining all the Harbaugh hate.

Why? You can admit he's a great coach, while still hating him for legitimate reasons outside of his coaching skills.

Probably because I see it as good, harmless entertainment.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Jim Harbaugh is a mouth queafer.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Trenchbroom wrote:
    seahawksflow wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Meh...let Harbaugh be who he is. As long as he isn't hurting little girls or anyone else anymore, I don't really have a problem with how he acts. He's a fired up, emotional guy....yes...but that's no different than many other successful people today and in the history of mankind. The 49ers have a great...and I mean very great football coach, and that's all they really need from him. \

It's the crybaby in him that I hate. Richard Sherman is the epitome of the "hated competitor" but I think he's great because he'd never whine, piss and moan about things.

No other coach besides Jim Schwartz is a crybaby. And they both suck, period.

I'll give you that he gets pissed when things don't go his way...but I can't see a reason to hate him for it.

fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Looks as if dudes always been a scum bag.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Scottemojo wrote:I like Harbaugh just the way he is. He is a great villain. and so GIFable.

:D
    you're right! He does have some great ones, and for that matter so does carroll.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    I'll give you that he gets pissed when things don't go his way...but I can't see a reason to hate him for it.

Respect. Most coaches have it, he has none. And the article confirms he's been classless since he left the womb (hell he probably kicked Mama in the kidneys on the way out of the chute).

That's the thing about the Niners--since Mooch left their head coaches have all had something wrong:

Erickson = let's not go there, both groups of fans have his taint on us
    Nolan = classy person/crap coach (I really liked him choosing to wear suits on the sidelines. Nice touch!)
    Singletary = crybaby/crap coach ('nuff said)
    Harbaugh = crybaby/good coach
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Mouth queafer
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Trenchbroom wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:

Respect. Most coaches have it, he has none. And the article confirms he's been classless since he left the womb (hell he probably kicked Mama in the kidneys on the way out of the chute).

That's the thing about the Niners--since Mooch left their head coaches have all had something wrong:

Erickson = let's not go there, both groups of fans have his taint on us
    Nolan = classy person/crap coach (I really liked him choosing to wear suits on the sidelines. Nice touch!)
    Singletary = crybaby/crap coach ('nuff said)
    Harbaugh = crybaby/good coach

Haha remember when these chumps were "Rollin' with Nolan"?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• NinerBuff wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:As long as he's winning, all's well. But when the inevitable losses come and he starts to squirt epithets and anger at his players like a d-nozzle with a full reservoir, his end will come. :0190l:

I think Sherman and Baldwin would disagree with you there and that's the point. When things aren't going his way he acts like a spoiled child.

It seems pretty apparent his own brother doesn't agree with you either.

Hitting a girl with the ball, punching Jim Kelly (to be fair he was swinging at someone else and missed) sideline antics, dropping Sherman to the bottom of the receiver depth chart for not playing injured, not substituting his starters to the point of deterioration that probably pissed off some of the backups on and on. The guy is a combination of competitive at a childish level and angry at a immature level.

He has not spent a long tenure anywhere he went and is only going into year three of this one. The leadership questions are starting to come out and if the team struggles and he handles it in the way most expect, he will absolutely lose the team.

Just like many fans want to see how a QB does for more than one year, the same question comes up for Harbaugh. His passion for the game is what drives his players because that is all they know but once they learn more then respect has to take over and that gets hard to garner when acting like a spoiled child. Telling your players you need to be above reproach works until they find out your not above it yourself.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Trenchbroom wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:

I don't find him to be disrespectful. Hell he was nice enough to have his picture taken with that fan on this site wearing Mariners stuff. Has he had a few emotional outbursts? Yeah...but he isn't really damaging anybody or anything with that. The only thing he might be damaging is the feelings of the referees and maybe some players on the field. I'll admit that punching a guy in the face is disrespectful but that was a long time ago and I'd be willing to bet that he'll never hit another person again.

fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

:th2thumbs:
    <in Butthead's voice> That'd be cool! Huh huh, Huh huh!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Jim Harbaugh: "Mommy, John only won the Superbowl, because they were HOLDING!"

Momma Harbaugh: "Boys, play nice now"

John Harbaugh: "Bro, don't be a sore loser. If it makes you feel better, I'll give you Anquan Boldin for dirt cheap!"

Jim Harbaugh: "Can I have Jacoby Jones too?"

John Harbaugh: "No."

Jim Harbaugh: "Fine then! How about some cake??"
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• NinerBuff wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I like Harbaugh just the way he is. He is a great villain. and so GIFable.

:D
    you're right! He does have some great ones, and for that matter so does carroll.

Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Pete's swag on a 400 thousand million, Harbaugh bitchmode is right on par.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• 'It's time to move, dad. I've lost all my friends.'

lol perfect
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• What I got from the article... Jim Harbaugh has been a major pissy jack-off his whole life... an absolute total jerk.

I wonder if his dad ever confronted him about his behavior/attitude being unacceptable when he was young.

Likely not.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• You guys are kind of sad. John didn't tell these stories to represent his brother as a douchebag. He told them out of respect and brazen humor. In all honesty, Jim is so competitive that he wouldn't let a woman's gender from affecting the way he plays the game. Hell, Jim probably respected the female baseball player.

For those waiting for a catastrophe and the beginning of the end for the Harbaugh regime, don't hold your breath. The 49ers have a good locker room and a good coaching staff. Harbaugh isn't going to start attacking his players and causing a disturbance in the locker room.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

• Yeah SoHo, "We had to move every couple of years because my bro would lose all his friends due to douchebaggery" is talking about your brother out of respect; and I'm sure you're right about Jim respecting that chick he beaned between the numbers.

How ridiculously blinded by your coach's love-muscle are you?

Wow.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• SoHo9erFan wrote:You guys are kind of sad. John didn't tell these stories to represent his brother as a douchebag. He told them out of respect and brazen humor. In all honesty, Jim is so competitive that he wouldn't let a woman's gender from affecting the way he plays the game. Hell, Jim probably respected the female baseball player.

For those waiting for a catastrophe and the beginning of the end for the Harbaugh regime, don't hold your breath. The 49ers have a good locker room and a good coaching staff. Harbaugh isn't going to start attacking his players and causing a disturbance in the locker room.

I know your team flat out sucked for over a decade before Harbaugh got there so you've swallowed the kool-aid to quench your thirst for victories (I did the same thing with Holmgren as our coach)...but WOW are you delusional!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• SoHo9erFan wrote:You guys are kind of sad. John didn't tell these stories to represent his brother as a douchebag. He told them out of respect and brazen humor. In all honesty, Jim is so competitive that he wouldn't let a woman's gender from affecting the way he plays the game. Hell, Jim probably respected the female baseball player.

Fact: Jim Harbaugh is a great coach.
    2nd fact: Jim Harbaugh has a history of just plain losing his shit. Trying to punch Jim Kelly, going apeshit with the Lions coach, jive gobble turkey, the anti sensitive California boy presser a couple years back. I love your guy as a villain, but trying to say he plunked a girl because he is competitive is dumbassery in defense of douchebaggery. Of course his own brother is not trying to paint him as a douchebag. But when the paintstrokes were all done, guess what picture he painted? (it was more of a snapshot really) A douchebag is as a douchebag does.

No, I do not expect him to go all Woody Hayes. But there is a way bigger chance he might than a saner and less douchbaggy guy, like say, Carroll. Who I think is as cool as Bill Walsh was for the 49ers. (see, I respect a 49ers coach for both his coaching and demeanor. Just not the current one) And off the field, Pete is to defense what Walsh was to offense. His ideas aren't revolutionary, but his reinvention of the ideal defensive player type is gaining followers about as fast as the west coast offense did.

I have said before, Jimmay is a better coach than Pete, though Pete is improving. I loved how Jim surprised the hell out of the Bears by turning Kaepernick loose in his first start. Pete took a long time to turn his QB loose, in fact he had to have his back against the wall to do so. But Pete is one cool sumbitch, even after losing, while Jim is fullblown dickwad after a loss. Jim's pressers are like Belichick with Aspergers Syndrome and jock itch, plus a bit of pissed off about having girl hips. Pete is more like Bill Walsh mixed with a little Sam Wyche.

These are the facts. What's your deal, anyway?
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I have DEEP sympathy for Harbaugh. You know it must have been tough to be the son of limited intelligence, with a micro-penis. To have made it as an NFL QB, but play under a stubborn freak like Ditka, who left emotional scars that are deeply entrenched on Harbaugh's cerebral cortex and to be responsible for the success of another football team. The man is emotionally cashed. He already has HBP and is at risk for stroke, possibly aneurysm.

Just look at the guy on the sidelines. He looks like he just found out that he is spending the Night in a Federal Prison that doesn't have a condom program, roomied with the most violent offender in the joint.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Saveahoe9erfan over here with his skirt up for the world to see, I love it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

OMG, thank you so very much for the LOLZ. This is troll posting at it's finest.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

:beating: :smiley_boxin: :smiley_karate: SoHo9erFan :rocket: :shoot:

You're bringing a knife to a gun fight, you should probably leave now while you still have your scalp!!!! :49ersmall:
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:You guys are kind of sad. John didn't tell these stories to represent his brother as a douchebag. He told them out of respect and brazen humor. In all honesty, Jim is so competitive that he wouldn't let a woman's gender from affecting the way he plays the game. Hell, Jim probably respected the female baseball player.

Fact: Jim Harbaugh is a great coach.
    2nd fact: Jim Harbaugh has a history of just plain losing his shit. Trying to punch Jim Kelly, going apeshit with the Lions coach, jive gobble turkey, the anti sensitive California boy presser a couple years back. I love your guy as a villain, but trying to say he plunked a girl because he is competitive is dumbassery in defense of douchebaggery. Of course his own brother is not trying to paint him as a douchebag. But when the paintstrokes were all done, guess what picture he painted? (it was more of a snapshot really) A douchebag is as a douchebag does.

No, I do not expect him to go all Woody Hayes. But there is a way bigger chance he might than a saner and less douchbaggy guy, like say, Carroll. Who I think is as cool as Bill Walsh was for the 49ers. (see, I respect a 49ers coach for both his coaching and demeanor. Just not the current one) And off the field, Pete is to defense what Walsh was to offense. His ideas aren't revolutionary, but his reinvention of the ideal defensive player type is gaining followers about as fast as the west coast offense did.

I have said before, Jimmay is a better coach than Pete, though Pete is improving. I loved how Jim surprised the hell out of the Bears by turning Kaepernick loose in his first start. Pete took a long time to turn his QB loose, in fact he had to have his back against the wall to do so. But Pete is one cool sumbitch, even after losing, while Jim is fullblown dickwad after a loss. Jim's pressers are like Belichick with Aspergers Syndrome and jock itch, plus a bit of pissed off about having girl hips. Pete is more like Bill Walsh mixed with a little Sam Wyche.

These are the facts. What's your deal, anyway?

I have no problem with what you said. In fact, I pretty much agree this is how it is. I have no problem with Jim. He brings Ws and a culture of winning. Its not hard to put up with his eccentricities when your team is winning. I think he is a great NFL coach. It is easy for some to say that if the Niners start to lose, that we the fans won't like his antics, but he is building quite a bit of collateral with the fans right now.

He could absolutely have to quit one day due to health reasons, kind of like Bill Walsh did. But if he gets us more rings before then, then I am all good with that. Plus, I love how he trolls the media. Its funny.

I will admit Pete has done a great job in SEA. A much better job than I thought he would do. Its not all the coaches, the GMs, etc deserve some credit too. But the HC gets the glory as well as the blame.

And we all gotta admit we love this rivalry. It makes it that much more fun to watch. Week 2 should be epic
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

• I can't wait for week two. I want a bloodbath.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information