Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Wow. :shock:

Really? OK...I guess thats ONE way to look at it. A bit self aggrandizing IMO, but whatevers clever.

REALLY! Here, is this any more readable? I didn't realize you couldn't read the font size. No need to put on those goofy glasses that make your eyes look so big.
    Yes, Tom Brady is pretty good. Momentum is a huge thing. You must have saw that shift after the 2nd halftime of the Super Bowl. Anyway, sorry if I lost you. Wasn't trying to be clever. I'll try to remember that you've got pompous down, though.
    Too, I'll try to remember you're vision impaired.

LOL.

Yeah....my issue wasn't that I couldn't read...it was that you seem to be attributing WAY to much credit to the Seahawks for "exposing" the 49ers. You know...the Self Aggrandizing part.

No worries. Just lookin forward to week 2.

Gee, my mistake then, since you say so. How could I have so obviously missed that you were insulting my reasoning? How very self-aggrandizing of me to suggest that the Seahawks had a lot to do with exposing the 49ers. Good thing you Niner fans are here to "discuss" and "interact" with us Seahawks fans. That's right, Niner fans simply wish to come into a Seahawks forum with pure intent to merely talk football. Everyone should know that you guys know much more about football because the 1980s teams won championships and the Seahawks team did not. That settles it, right? Gosh, how silly of me to bother waste my time to explain what I meant - especially if I were to give reference and applaud the total game plan and team effort of the Seahawks that SNF game. That's what you experts call, weak sauce, right?
    One more thing. Are we supposed to take your week 2 reference as some prediction, oh great nostraDUMass? So you're saying we should count on you coming after us in this Seahawks - 49ers forum (.net main) and give us all an ear full? Because you're just here to talk football, not smack, etc.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    formido wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:LOL.

Yeah....my issue wasn't that I couldn't read...it was that you seem to be attributing WAY to much credit to the Seahawks for "exposing" the 49ers. You know...the Self Aggrandizing part.

Because Harbaugh has a history of vindicating losses? Like the Rams? Like the Giants? Like the Ravens? Good luck with that.

No...but he sure has a history of beating Pete Carroll. :D

Sorry, that was too easy.

That would probably sting if it weren't for 42-13.
    formido
    NET Starter

• pssst.... TotC..... stop feeding the trolls and they might go away........
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:pssst.... TotC..... stop feeding the trolls and they might go away........

Ah, I gotcha CANHawk. Don't even engage them... just ignore them and they may go away. Not sure that's gonna work. I usually do ignore. They're still here.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• TeamoftheCentury wrote:

Gee, my mistake then, since you say so. How could I have so obviously missed that you were insulting my reasoning? How very self-aggrandizing of me to suggest that the Seahawks had a lot to do with exposing the 49ers. Good thing you Niner fans are here to "discuss" and "interact" with us Seahawks fans. That's right, Niner fans simply wish to come into a Seahawks forum with pure intent to merely talk football. Everyone should know that you guys know much more about football because the 1980s teams won championships and the Seahawks team did not. That settles it, right? Gosh, how silly of me to bother waste my time to explain what I meant - especially if I were to give reference and applaud the total game plan and team effort of the Seahawks that SNF game. That's what you experts call, weak sauce, right?
    One more thing. Are we supposed to take your week 2 reference as some prediction, oh great nostraDUMass? So you're saying we should count on you coming after us in this Seahawks - 49ers forum (.net main) and give us all an ear full? Because you're just here to talk football, not smack, etc.

um...

1) I thought it very convienient that you believe the Seahawks exposed the Niners,. That is what you WANT to believe therefore it muct be true regardless of whatever evidense put forward. IE...Self Aggrandizing. You are inserting you're team as the architect of the demise of the 49ers. If you don't see that as a bit arrogant, I dunno what to tell you.

2) I know much more about 49er football than you do. I claim nothing more. You clearly know your team better and I would never suggest otherwise. You are telling me what you're impression is of what your team did to the 49ers and I have responded by saying it actually happened the weak before Seattle and continued the rest of the Season. It is you who are saying you know more about the 49ers than I do...even though I've been watching my team for over 30 years. I never said a word about past championships. All that means is that I've had the priviledge to watch more successful teams...it has nothing to do with who has a better knowledge of the game overall. Get off the high horse.

3) I have no doubt that the Seahawks came in with a good gameplan. Good for you. You won. Have fun with it.

4) You were supposed to take my week 2 comment as me saying I can't wait till week 2. I have no idea who is going to win...but I surely want to see that game. I'm sure everyone on this site feels the same way. I've been here for awhile now and I rarely if ever engage in smack talk. If the 'hawks win I'll congratulate you guys. If the Niners win I'll be humble. Either way I think you need to have a thicker skin because I honestly thought this conversation was over like 3 responses ago. Stop reading more into what I'm saying. Typically anything I mean to say I'll say outright. No need to decode.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• formido wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    formido wrote:Because Harbaugh has a history of vindicating losses? Like the Rams? Like the Giants? Like the Ravens? Good luck with that.

No...but he sure has a history of beating Pete Carroll. :D

Sorry, that was too easy.

That would probably sting if it weren't for 42-13.

LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday.

42-13
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday
    Well I am tired of that response "Any Given Sunday" sounds to me like you are already gearing up for your inevitable week 2 beatdown in the Clink.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• KCHawkGirl wrote:
    LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday
    Well I am tired of that response "Any Given Sunday" sounds to me like you are already gearing up for your inevitable week 2 beatdown in the Clink.

No...it means I remember the 49ers losing 21-0 to the Bucs in 2010 and then beating the Bucs 48-3 one year later. DO I really think the Bucs were 21 points the better team and then a year later the Niners were 45 points the better team? No.

Any. Given. Sunday. There is a reason that saying exists.

Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez

No, I believe that we have an enormous advantage at home and that we improved from last year while the 49er's stayed the same at best but more likely regressed. Which equals beatdown in week 2 simple as that. Also "Any Given Sunday" works both ways. I hate the saying and think it's an excuse for you to say "I am praying we don't get killed by the better team because the planets are aligned for them to totally crap their pants on National TV at home".

Except we have a history of playing even better on national TV and especially in night games. If you don't like it go back to the Webzone and talk your b*llsh*t like you always do there.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez.

Yes.

"VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Hey ball-gazer,

This conversation would have been over 3 pages ago if you didn't keep insisting on getting the last word in.

Just sayin...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• KCHawkGirl wrote:
    Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez

No, I believe that we have an enormous advantage at home and that we improved from last year while the 49er's stayed the same at best but more likely regressed. Which equals beatdown in week 2 simple as that. Also "Any Given Sunday" works both ways. I hate the saying and think it's an excuse for you to say "I am praying we don't get killed by the better team because the planets are aligned for them to totally crap their pants on National TV at home".

Except we have a history of playing even better on national TV and especially in night games. If you don't like it go back to the Webzone and talk your b*llsh*t like you always do there.

Hostile much?

1) I'd argue the "regressed" statement.

2) I think either team could win that game. Its a tough spot to go to Seattle, no doubt, but that hasn't stopped the 49ers from going up there and winning in the past.Is this Seattle team better than those teams? Of course...but so is this SF team.

3) Of course any given Sunday goes both ways. LOL. Thats the whole point of the saying. LOL. If you think I'm trying to make excuses should the Niners lose....then I think you are trying WAY to hard to find hidden meaning in what I'm saying. Anything can happen on any given sunday. Its simply the way it is. What happens if Vernon doesn't get hurt. What happens if Justion plays. WHat happens if the Akers kick isn't plocked and returned for a TD. Conversely, what happens if Browner plays. Thats the entire point. IMO the 'hawks are NOT consistently 30 points better than SF. They are actually very evenly matched. If you are expecting consistant beatdowns in every game in Seattle, I suspect you're going to be disappointed.

4) As far as Nationally Televised games....with the exception of that SF-Seattle game, the Niners are the exact same way.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:Hey ball-gazer,

This conversation would have been over 3 pages ago if you didn't keep insisting on getting the last word in.

Just sayin...

Probably true. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez.

Not even. I expect every game against the Niners to be pretty tight. Do you feel that Harbafreak "owns" Carroll because the Niners beat a Tavaris Jackson led Seahawks team in two close games?

Or that the 4 game win streak the Niners had with 3 of them at the Stick holds any water?

Me neither, but loads of Niner fans claimed it was some level of superiority over the Hawks. Carroll has split with the Niners two out of three seasons he has coached, losing a VERY close game at the Clink with TJack starting. Yet, Harbafreak "owns" Carroll.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:

um...

1) I thought it very convienient that you believe the Seahawks exposed the Niners,. That is what you WANT to believe therefore it muct be true regardless of whatever evidense put forward. IE...Self Aggrandizing. You are inserting you're team as the architect of the demise of the 49ers. If you don't see that as a bit arrogant, I dunno what to tell you.

2) I know much more about 49er football than you do. I claim nothing more. You clearly know your team better and I would never suggest otherwise. You are telling me what you're impression is of what your team did to the 49ers and I have responded by saying it actually happened the weak before Seattle and continued the rest of the Season. It is you who are saying you know more about the 49ers than I do...even though I've been watching my team for over 30 years. I never said a word about past championships. All that means is that I've had the priviledge to watch more successful teams...it has nothing to do with who has a better knowledge of the game overall. Get off the high horse.

3) I have no doubt that the Seahawks came in with a good gameplan. Good for you. You won. Have fun with it.

4) You were supposed to take my week 2 comment as me saying I can't wait till week 2. I have no idea who is going to win...but I surely want to see that game. I'm sure everyone on this site feels the same way. I've been here for awhile now and I rarely if ever engage in smack talk. If the 'hawks win I'll congratulate you guys. If the Niners win I'll be humble. Either way I think you need to have a thicker skin because I honestly thought this conversation was over like 3 responses ago. Stop reading more into what I'm saying. Typically anything I mean to say I'll say outright. No need to decode.

I'm afraid my 49er-fan decoder unit just went on the fritz. Wouldn't cha know it? But, come to find out... I didn't really need that thing because you're soooo humble. (And I thought you were choking on your words this whole time.) Wow... 49er fans are really swell. You can rest easy now, Clarence. I'm a changed man. Saddle sores from riding so high, but I guess they'll serve to remind me of you setting me straight. What a day. :mrgreen: WHAT A DAY!
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Not even. I expect every game against the Niners to be pretty tight. Do you feel that Harbafreak "owns" Carroll because the Niners beat a Tavaris Jackson led Seahawks team in two close games?

Or that the 4 game win streak the Niners had with 3 of them at the Stick holds any water?

Me neither, but loads of Niner fans claimed it was some level of superiority over the Hawks. Carroll has split with the Niners two out of three seasons he has coached, losing a VERY close game at the Clink with TJack starting. Yet, Harbafreak "owns" Carroll.

Nah...I just said that because I was prevoked. :D

These two teams are really evenly matched. Should be fun for several years.

BTW..Harbaugh also owned Carroll in college. Has no bearing on what happens now...just sayin' it wasn't just the 3 NFL meetings.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:Gee, my mistake then, since you say so. How could I have so obviously missed that you were insulting my reasoning? How very self-aggrandizing of me to suggest that the Seahawks had a lot to do with exposing the 49ers. Good thing you Niner fans are here to "discuss" and "interact" with us Seahawks fans. That's right, Niner fans simply wish to come into a Seahawks forum with pure intent to merely talk football. Everyone should know that you guys know much more about football because the 1980s teams won championships and the Seahawks team did not. That settles it, right? Gosh, how silly of me to bother waste my time to explain what I meant - especially if I were to give reference and applaud the total game plan and team effort of the Seahawks that SNF game. That's what you experts call, weak sauce, right?

um...

I'm afraid my 49er-fan decoder unit just went on the fritz. Wouldn't cha know it? But, come to find out... I didn't really need that thing because you're soooo humble. (And I thought you were choking on your words this whole time.) Wow... 49er fans are really swell. You can rest easy now, Clarence. I'm a changed man. Saddle sores from riding so high, but I guess they'll serve to remind me of you setting me straight. What a day. :mrgreen: WHAT A DAY!

Glad I could help.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:
    Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez

Hostile much?

1) I'd argue the "regressed" statement.

2) I think either team could win that game. Its a tough spot to go to Seattle, no doubt, but that hasn't stopped the 49ers from going up there and winning in the past.Is this Seattle team better than those teams? Of course...but so is this SF team.

3) Of course any given Sunday goes both ways. LOL. Thats the whole point of the saying. LOL. If you think I'm trying to make excuses should the Niners lose....then I think you are trying WAY to hard to find hidden meaning in what I'm saying. Anything can happen on any given sunday. Its simply the way it is. What happens if Vernon doesn't get hurt. What happens if Justion plays. WHat happens if the Akers kick isn't plocked and returned for a TD. Conversely, what happens if Browner plays. Thats the entire point. IMO the 'hawks are NOT consistently 30 points better than SF. They are actually very evenly matched. If you are expecting consistant beatdowns in every game in Seattle, I suspect you're going to be disappointed.

4) As far as Nationally Televised games....with the exception of that SF-Seattle game, the Niners are the exact same way.
    Not hostile I just see what you say at Webzone. Also I'm not specifically talking about Seahawk/49er matchups those will be close. I am taking about the fact we have the best winning percentage in MNF and sure aren't bad at SNF.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Nah...I just said that because I was prevoked. :D

These two teams are really evenly matched. Should be fun for several years.

BTW..Harbaugh also owned Carroll in college. Has no bearing on what happens now...just sayin' it wasn't just the 3 NFL meetings.

Right. On the other hand 42-13 *does* have a bearing on what happens now. The more recent the results the more predictive of future outcomes. Nate Silver, the now-famous election forecaster from the New York Times blog 538, has a great book that goes into depth about this sort of thing.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Signal-Noise- ... 159420411X
    formido
    NET Starter

• Marvin49 wrote:
    LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday.

Nope. If the Hawks play this season like the way they ended last, there will be another beat down. Now go do yourself a favor and GET OFF our board, Troll. :49ersmall:

:141847_bnono:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Niners fans act like they "own" the Hawks. Um, the all time series is tied. Suck it "Niner Faithful"
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Harbs has a chance if Colin Kraeptastik is the next Andrew Luck.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Lol - here's a B/R article that we're all bound to like:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1537 ... -qb/page/9

For those who don't want to read the link - they list young QB's as follows:
    7: Tannehill
    6: Newton
    5: Stafford
    4: Kaepernick
    3: RG3
    2: Luck
    1: Russell Wilson

:)

Of course now fans of the other QB's are whining just like we were - and it's fair - all the QBs are young and other than Stafford and Newton they only have 1 year of NFL experience under their belts. Should be interesting to see how lists like this appear after next season :)
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

• There must be a lot more focus or specialized camps for kids to learn the QB position. We have never seen this kind of talent at QB entering the league at one time.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Lol - here's a B/R article that we're all bound to like:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1537 ... -qb/page/9

For those who don't want to read the link - they list young QB's as follows:
    7: Tannehill
    6: Newton
    5: Stafford
    4: Kaepernick
    3: RG3
    2: Luck
    1: Russell Wilson

:)

Of course now fans of the other QB's are whining just like we were - and it's fair - all the QBs are young and other than Stafford and Newton they only have 1 year of NFL experience under their belts. Should be interesting to see how lists like this appear after next season :)

Just as i said when a Bleacher Report aticle said Kaep was better...

Ignore anything on that site.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• I was never a fan of comparing two talented QBs based on numbers and wins. Nobody on the SF or SEA side can argue that the other QB isn't amazingly talented. There is so much more that goes into an NFL team. If the two QBs swapped places they probably would have the same success on either team. Russell is younger and Kap only played half a season granted. Although both showed clutch skills as well as incredible arm talent and football IQ. At this point it isn't a matter of QB as both teams are solid at that position. It comes down to coaching defense and offensive weapons. Both teams are so similar that you have to start nit picking things like special teams and game plans/homefield advantage.
    BigBay49
    NET Bench Warmer

• So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

Here's a few things in the author's summary, to see more, click on his name:

"ABOUT
    I'm a recent graduate from San Francisco State University with a degree in Journalism. I live and breathe sports, particularly any from the Bay Area.

Favorite Sports Teams: San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers

Most Memorable Game Attended: January 12, 2013, 49ers/Packers playoff game."

etc, etc....I think that helps explain his (cough) "article."
    JDSeahawks
    NET Bench Warmer

• JDSeahawks wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT
    I'm a recent graduate from San Francisco State University with a degree in Journalism. I live and breathe sports, particularly any from the Bay Area.

Exactly what BR isn't worth referencing as a supporting argument to anything. Most of the time it is just some dude that decided to switch from message boards to pretending even more that his opinion mattered. Just a bunch of homers acting like analysts.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Rocket wrote:Those who ponder star power as a criteria for rating athletes are either Nike marketing dweebs or devotees of "reality" TV.
    Neither can find their asses in the dark with both hands.

(apologies to our Nike marketing brethren)

Brother Rocket makes a couple of good points there!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• NinerLifer wrote:
    JDSeahawks wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Exactly what BR isn't worth referencing as a supporting argument to anything. Most of the time it is just some dude that decided to switch from message boards to pretending even more that his opinion mattered. Just a bunch of homers acting like analysts.

For a good time read his pregame analysis of the last Hawks /Niners game.
    Now to his credit, the Niners were fresh off the NE game, but you could read the Niner fan in him if the piece was written in Chinese.

There is nothing wrong with putting together a post that reads with favoritism, especially if you come out and show your colors, but to attempt to make it seem balanced while bleeding the Home team blood just reads stupid.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I'm in a hurry to crown unproven quarterbacks with long charts full of winning stats.

Lets see what Dennis Green has to say about that shall we?

Beeker
    NET Rookie

• kearly wrote:The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.

This is baffling. I'm a 49ers fan, but I'm no idiot. Wilson is a top-notch QB, but you're either over-selling Wilson or under-selling Kaep. Where did you even come up with such a comparison? Rodgers is light years ahead of Smith, whereas most people can't even be sure who is better between Wilson and Kaep.
    est.1985
    NET Bench Warmer

• est.1985 wrote:
    kearly wrote:The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.

This is baffling. I'm a 49ers fan, but I'm no idiot. Wilson is a top-notch QB, but you're either over-selling Wilson or under-selling Kaep. Where did you even come up with such a comparison? Rodgers is light years ahead of Smith, whereas most people can't even be sure who is better between Wilson and Kaep.

:snack:
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• BigBay49 wrote:I was never a fan of comparing two talented QBs based on numbers and wins. Nobody on the SF or SEA side can argue that the other QB isn't amazingly talented. There is so much more that goes into an NFL team. If the two QBs swapped places they probably would have the same success on either team. Russell is younger and Kap only played half a season granted. Although both showed clutch skills as well as incredible arm talent and football IQ. At this point it isn't a matter of QB as both teams are solid at that position. It comes down to coaching defense and offensive weapons. Both teams are so similar that you have to start nit picking things like special teams and game plans/homefield advantage.

Lets see well one Wilson is younger, has less league experience as Kaep came in 2011, Wilson 2012. Wilson also played on younger offense, and younger team overall.

No offense or nothing Kaepernick might be better after this season but Wilson is better now. We'll see if Wilson can expand his second half success for a full-season and whether or not Kaepernick can become a consistent pocket passer than another Michael Vick.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• JDSeahawks wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Every Journalist is biased. Also it's the offseason, so journalists will write things that will get eyeballs. Seattle is a good team. Ruseel Wilson is a good QB. We'll see what happens in the 2nd game of the season. That will be the real indicator of who is better.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• est.1985 wrote:
    kearly wrote:The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

Do go on..... :snack:
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:
    JDSeahawks wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Every Journalist is biased. Also it's the offseason, so journalists will write things that will get eyeballs. Seattle is a good team. Ruseel Wilson is a good QB. We'll see what happens in the 2nd game of the season. That will be the real indicator of who is better.

Actually that would be in January for our THIRD meeting if you make it there that is.:)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Actually knowing the background and the bio, I am once again in a state of Seahawk Zen. Knowing this author is a homer preaching to his own choir, the article loses most of it's credibility and allows me to disregard his "rank" ranking.

Now I can just relax and wait for the next article to come out about the replacement ref saying it was the right call and let the endless Packer "worst call in the world" comments send me into orbit. :)
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• bobincovington wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Actually knowing the background and the bio, I am once again in a state of Seahawk Zen. Knowing this author is a homer preaching to his own choir, the article loses most of it's credibility and allows me to disregard his "rank" ranking.

Now I can just relax and wait for the next article to come out about the replacement ref saying it was the right call and let the endless Packer "worst call in the world" comments send me into orbit. :)

Well...you should have ignored his "article" as soon as you saw that it was from Bleacher Report...and that's coming from a Niner fan.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• since we are now telling other fan bases what they should do....oh nevermind
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• bobincovington wrote:since we are now telling other fan bases what they should do....oh nevermind

LOL.

Not what I meant...just sayin' you can save yourself alot of time by not reading anything from Bleacher Report. Ever. Total waste of time.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:

"ABOUT

2 things. That is BR, so it is not a journalist. It is a blogger.
    Also, good to know you are already chalking the first meeting up as a loss. Why the 2nd game will prove more than the first one IDK, but you are the expert. I kid, I kid. You are no expert.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• sorry, jumped to the wrong conclusion then. Yes I don't give much credibility to any information from B/R, but it is hard not to read something that pops up on Google about your team. I just need to remember to add a statement like this at the end of each B/R article I read...

disclaimer; Remember this independently contributed article is from Bleacher Report and may have been written by someone who doesn't know much about football, writing, or impartial, factual reporting and may actually be a 14 year old kid in his basement using an x-box controller. Please use this information for entertainment purposes only
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information