#1 must see stadium

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks said:
When the hella did they get blue and green lit walkways ? Man, I couldn't have been that drunk the last time I left there. Although that was in 2006....

I've heard some people say Lambeau is like football temple, where people invite you to join their tailgate parties even with opposing jerseys on. It's a bucket list for me for sure.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The blue and green walkway i referred to is outside the stadium just to the north and west of the Hawk's Nest.

and Lambeau IS a football temple. Season ticket holders in their 80s. People charging you 5dollars to park in their yard.

Me and my father and brother were yelled at as we walked in our Seahawks jerseys down the sidewalk of a neighborhood next door to the stadium. When we laughed and waved them off, they responded by yelling, get the hell over here Seahawks fans!!

For the next two hours we drank their beer and ate their BBQ brats and talked football: in their front yard and living room!

I could tell other anecdotes, just know that Lambeau is all its cracked up to be. And understand that Roland HATES small town America and everything about it.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
In fact, I will go further and say it is an HONOR to be 2nd to Lambeau field in this ranking.

Of course plenty of whiny Seahaks fans only see media bias-even in compliments.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
We used to do some serious tailgating when I hung out with the obnoxious crowd in the late days of the dome and the early days of Qwest.

We had an old suburban setup with 3 spots connected in a pay lot that allowed tailgating. 36 inch TV to watch the early game or games if the Hawks were playing later. BBQ, grills the works. But nothing I have seen has topped the Arrowhead experience I had in the late 80's. They knew how to tailgate and the stadium was crazy. I was there to watch Skansi make that game winner after dealing with the loudest outdoor stadium I had experienced for the first 59 minutes of the game.

I don't know what they are like now, but back then Arrowhead rocked.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2cwdw845 said:
We used to do some serious tailgating when I hung out with the obnoxious crowd in the late days of the dome and the early days of Qwest.

We had an old suburban setup with 3 spots connected in a pay lot that allowed tailgating. 36 inch TV to watch the early game or games if the Hawks were playing later. BBQ, grills the works. But nothing I have seen has topped the Arrowhead experience I had in the late 80's. They knew how to tailgate and the stadium was crazy. I was there to watch Skansi make that game winner after dealing with the loudest outdoor stadium I had experienced for the first 59 minutes of the game.

I don't know what they are like now, but back then Arrowhead rocked.

For tailgating, Arrowhead is fantastic. I have seen Seattle play there on three occasions, including the Flood.

12 since 1976

Reaction score
Have been to Lambeau, Fenway, and Wrigley. There it is all about the history. The Green Bay fans are great though, very friendly, like true 12's. Being the homer I am, there is NO place like the Clink.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
12 since 1976":1q1okzdv said:
Have been to Lambeau, Fenway, and Wrigley. There it is all about the history. The Green Bay fans are great though, very friendly, like true 12's. Being the homer I am, there is NO place like the Clink.

Yeah, I dig the GB fans. In 96, they showed up in force at the dome and they turned the place yellow and green. As they pounded the Hawks, the fans were very cool. They were more about being happy for the win than they were about the Hawks losing. Totally cool about how clean Seattle was and sympathetic to the state of the Hawks. Can't remember a more friendly group of opposing fans. Well until last year.

warden

Reaction score
Candlestick park is on the list? WTF? The only place on the list that stadium should be on is for the worst stadium. The 49ers will soon be in a much needed brand new stadium

Cartire

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2hepdmia said:
Stadium bowl in Tacoma should be on the list.

Actually yes. That is by far the best stadium, and a high schools none the less. I got to compete there in track.

And, for movie buffs, '10 things I hate about you' was filmed there.

Memories, I cant wait to move back to washington.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ixs1zwes said:
You can transfer that history into a new stadium. Easily. It also shouldn't count on STADIUM rankings very highly. If you want to talk about team history, that's a different story; but ranking the STADIUM experience, history should be limited to a minor role.

Lambeau has crap concessions, a horrible beer selection, and people forget that Green Bay is in the middle of freaking NOWHERE. You can't fly directly to Green Bay on any major airline; you have to fly to Milwaukee, Detroit, Minneapolis, etc. then fly from there. Green Bay is 2 hours away with no traffic from Milwaukee, and there's nothing else remotely close to it. The population is 100,000 people.

Yep. It's all about football in title town. I actually lived there for a year. In a detention center, lol. Even there, the (town's) people were very nice.

The stadium at that time was certainly nothing special. Hot water was ran through underground piping to keep the field from freezing. The Pack played half their games there and the other half in Milwaukee County stadium, which was an eerie place and if I recall correctly, the sidelines for both teams were on the same side of the field. Very bush league but the Packers were the 3rd game in town in those days, behind both the Bucks and Brewers. Get out of the sh8thole that was and is Milwaukee and you won't find better people anywhere on the planet. All said, I'd take the Clink over Lambeau any day of the week.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Green Bay is the middle of nowhere, but it's a great game day experience. I saw the Hawks play there in 2003 and it was great.

BFS is right...some of the nicest and most generous fans of any enemy stadium I've been to, and I've been to a LOT. By the 4th quarter, we were getting destroyed so they felt sorry and kepy buying me beer lol.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They're courteous because most of them live in small towns or the middle of nowhere. Typical small-town niceness. I'm not bashing them, I'm just sayin'; it's the only major sports franchise in the world, most likely, that has a largely rural fan base on game day out of any sport.

That being said, just like any other fan base, there are plenty of them that aren't nice, too. ;) It wasn't pleasant being a Seahawks fan in rural Wisconsin in the 90s.

OP
OP
CANHawk

CANHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":21841woy said:
Tech Worlds":21841woy said:

Actually yes. That is by far the best stadium, and a high schools none the less. I got to compete there in track.

Damn, I just Loogled that place. That is fricken AWESOME!

Tacoma wa 183
tacoma_bowl1.jpg

SeaTown81

Reaction score
bestfightstory":97hyr4yd said:
For tailgating, Arrowhead is fantastic. I have seen Seattle play there on three occasions, including the Flood.

Can attest to this. I remember wandering through the parking lot at Arrowhead and having Chiefs fans ask me why I was wearing a Seahawks jersey. This wasn't during one of our finest seasons. I replied that I was from Seattle. They were stunned. And immediately invited me over to try their BBQ, and drink some beer.

New Orleans was also very hospitable. The Saints fans just wanted to party. Buffalo was also cool as I smoked out with some Bills fans behind the trees alongside the parking lot.

The worst I've encountered was San Francisco. Had beers poured on my head in the parking lot, and food thrown at me, and spit in the face inside the stadium. They can't move to the suburbs fast enough.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
CANHawk":34x2r05r said:
Cartire":34x2r05r said:
Tech Worlds":34x2r05r said:

Damn, I just Loogled that place. That is fricken AWESOME!

Tacoma wa 183
tacoma_bowl1.jpg

[youtube]3KZ6gnyPzuc[/youtube]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1ocwzwjm said:
RolandDeschain":1ocwzwjm said:
bestfightstory":1ocwzwjm said:

Do you know what there is to do around Green Bay when there isn't a football game in progress?
You didn't answer my question. That's rude.

I thought "They do?" was a rhetorical question.

Also, in my experience, many people do not in fact know how rural Green Bay is. Anybody that doesn't know, assumes it's a decently sized city because it has a major NFL franchise. It's a logical assumption, like expecting running water in a hotel. I actually suspect that if the Packers were a Milwaukee NFL team, they'd have less support/attendance in years where the team hasn't done really well.

Latest posts