Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
CANHawk":1tg3h50x said:
pssst.... TotC..... stop feeding the trolls and they might go away........
Ah, I gotcha CANHawk. Don't even engage them... just ignore them and they may go away. Not sure that's gonna work. I usually do ignore. They're still here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2hk29pu6 said:
Marvin49":2hk29pu6 said:
LOL.

Yeah....my issue wasn't that I couldn't read...it was that you seem to be attributing WAY to much credit to the Seahawks for "exposing" the 49ers. You know...the Self Aggrandizing part.

No worries. Just lookin forward to week 2.
Gee, my mistake then, since you say so. How could I have so obviously missed that you were insulting my reasoning? How very self-aggrandizing of me to suggest that the Seahawks had a lot to do with exposing the 49ers. Good thing you Niner fans are here to "discuss" and "interact" with us Seahawks fans. That's right, Niner fans simply wish to come into a Seahawks forum with pure intent to merely talk football. Everyone should know that you guys know much more about football because the 1980s teams won championships and the Seahawks team did not. That settles it, right? Gosh, how silly of me to bother waste my time to explain what I meant - especially if I were to give reference and applaud the total game plan and team effort of the Seahawks that SNF game. That's what you experts call, weak sauce, right?
One more thing. Are we supposed to take your week 2 reference as some prediction, oh great nostraDUMass? So you're saying we should count on you coming after us in this Seahawks - 49ers forum (.net main) and give us all an ear full? Because you're just here to talk football, not smack, etc.

um...

1) I thought it very convienient that you believe the Seahawks exposed the Niners,. That is what you WANT to believe therefore it muct be true regardless of whatever evidense put forward. IE...Self Aggrandizing. You are inserting you're team as the architect of the demise of the 49ers. If you don't see that as a bit arrogant, I dunno what to tell you.

2) I know much more about 49er football than you do. I claim nothing more. You clearly know your team better and I would never suggest otherwise. You are telling me what you're impression is of what your team did to the 49ers and I have responded by saying it actually happened the weak before Seattle and continued the rest of the Season. It is you who are saying you know more about the 49ers than I do...even though I've been watching my team for over 30 years. I never said a word about past championships. All that means is that I've had the priviledge to watch more successful teams...it has nothing to do with who has a better knowledge of the game overall. Get off the high horse.

3) I have no doubt that the Seahawks came in with a good gameplan. Good for you. You won. Have fun with it.

4) You were supposed to take my week 2 comment as me saying I can't wait till week 2. I have no idea who is going to win...but I surely want to see that game. I'm sure everyone on this site feels the same way. I've been here for awhile now and I rarely if ever engage in smack talk. If the 'hawks win I'll congratulate you guys. If the Niners win I'll be humble. Either way I think you need to have a thicker skin because I honestly thought this conversation was over like 3 responses ago. Stop reading more into what I'm saying. Typically anything I mean to say I'll say outright. No need to decode.

Marvin49

Reaction score
formido":2ropv737 said:
Marvin49":2ropv737 said:
formido":2ropv737 said:
Because Harbaugh has a history of vindicating losses? Like the Rams? Like the Giants? Like the Ravens? Good luck with that.

No...but he sure has a history of beating Pete Carroll. :D

Sorry, that was too easy.

That would probably sting if it weren't for 42-13.

LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ov0lsog said:
LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday.

42-13

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday
Well I am tired of that response "Any Given Sunday" sounds to me like you are already gearing up for your inevitable week 2 beatdown in the Clink.

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":4arkswo9 said:
LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday
Well I am tired of that response "Any Given Sunday" sounds to me like you are already gearing up for your inevitable week 2 beatdown in the Clink.

No...it means I remember the 49ers losing 21-0 to the Bucs in 2010 and then beating the Bucs 48-3 one year later. DO I really think the Bucs were 21 points the better team and then a year later the Niners were 45 points the better team? No.

Any. Given. Sunday. There is a reason that saying exists.

Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez
No, I believe that we have an enormous advantage at home and that we improved from last year while the 49er's stayed the same at best but more likely regressed. Which equals beatdown in week 2 simple as that. Also "Any Given Sunday" works both ways. I hate the saying and think it's an excuse for you to say "I am praying we don't get killed by the better team because the planets are aligned for them to totally crap their pants on National TV at home".

Except we have a history of playing even better on national TV and especially in night games. If you don't like it go back to the Webzone and talk your b*llsh*t like you always do there.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hey ball-gazer,

This conversation would have been over 3 pages ago if you didn't keep insisting on getting the last word in.

Just sayin...

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2jt28kue said:
Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez
No, I believe that we have an enormous advantage at home and that we improved from last year while the 49er's stayed the same at best but more likely regressed. Which equals beatdown in week 2 simple as that. Also "Any Given Sunday" works both ways. I hate the saying and think it's an excuse for you to say "I am praying we don't get killed by the better team because the planets are aligned for them to totally crap their pants on National TV at home".

Except we have a history of playing even better on national TV and especially in night games. If you don't like it go back to the Webzone and talk your b*llsh*t like you always do there.

Hostile much?

1) I'd argue the "regressed" statement.

2) I think either team could win that game. Its a tough spot to go to Seattle, no doubt, but that hasn't stopped the 49ers from going up there and winning in the past.Is this Seattle team better than those teams? Of course...but so is this SF team.

3) Of course any given Sunday goes both ways. LOL. Thats the whole point of the saying. LOL. If you think I'm trying to make excuses should the Niners lose....then I think you are trying WAY to hard to find hidden meaning in what I'm saying. Anything can happen on any given sunday. Its simply the way it is. What happens if Vernon doesn't get hurt. What happens if Justion plays. WHat happens if the Akers kick isn't plocked and returned for a TD. Conversely, what happens if Browner plays. Thats the entire point. IMO the 'hawks are NOT consistently 30 points better than SF. They are actually very evenly matched. If you are expecting consistant beatdowns in every game in Seattle, I suspect you're going to be disappointed.

4) As far as Nationally Televised games....with the exception of that SF-Seattle game, the Niners are the exact same way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CANHawk":3301qg0d said:
Hey ball-gazer,

This conversation would have been over 3 pages ago if you didn't keep insisting on getting the last word in.

Just sayin...

Probably true. :D

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1l48nych said:
Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez.

Not even. I expect every game against the Niners to be pretty tight. Do you feel that Harbafreak "owns" Carroll because the Niners beat a Tavaris Jackson led Seahawks team in two close games?

Or that the 4 game win streak the Niners had with 3 of them at the Stick holds any water?

Me neither, but loads of Niner fans claimed it was some level of superiority over the Hawks. Carroll has split with the Niners two out of three seasons he has coached, losing a VERY close game at the Clink with TJack starting. Yet, Harbafreak "owns" Carroll.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Marvin49":gbxi9xy4 said:
TeamoftheCentury":gbxi9xy4 said:
Marvin49":gbxi9xy4 said:
LOL.

Yeah....my issue wasn't that I couldn't read...it was that you seem to be attributing WAY to much credit to the Seahawks for "exposing" the 49ers. You know...the Self Aggrandizing part.

No worries. Just lookin forward to week 2.
Gee, my mistake then, since you say so. How could I have so obviously missed that you were insulting my reasoning? How very self-aggrandizing of me to suggest that the Seahawks had a lot to do with exposing the 49ers. Good thing you Niner fans are here to "discuss" and "interact" with us Seahawks fans. That's right, Niner fans simply wish to come into a Seahawks forum with pure intent to merely talk football. Everyone should know that you guys know much more about football because the 1980s teams won championships and the Seahawks team did not. That settles it, right? Gosh, how silly of me to bother waste my time to explain what I meant - especially if I were to give reference and applaud the total game plan and team effort of the Seahawks that SNF game. That's what you experts call, weak sauce, right?
One more thing. Are we supposed to take your week 2 reference as some prediction, oh great nostraDUMass? So you're saying we should count on you coming after us in this Seahawks - 49ers forum (.net main) and give us all an ear full? Because you're just here to talk football, not smack, etc.

um...

1) I thought it very convienient that you believe the Seahawks exposed the Niners,. That is what you WANT to believe therefore it muct be true regardless of whatever evidense put forward. IE...Self Aggrandizing. You are inserting you're team as the architect of the demise of the 49ers. If you don't see that as a bit arrogant, I dunno what to tell you.

2) I know much more about 49er football than you do. I claim nothing more. You clearly know your team better and I would never suggest otherwise. You are telling me what you're impression is of what your team did to the 49ers and I have responded by saying it actually happened the weak before Seattle and continued the rest of the Season. It is you who are saying you know more about the 49ers than I do...even though I've been watching my team for over 30 years. I never said a word about past championships. All that means is that I've had the priviledge to watch more successful teams...it has nothing to do with who has a better knowledge of the game overall. Get off the high horse.

3) I have no doubt that the Seahawks came in with a good gameplan. Good for you. You won. Have fun with it.

4) You were supposed to take my week 2 comment as me saying I can't wait till week 2. I have no idea who is going to win...but I surely want to see that game. I'm sure everyone on this site feels the same way. I've been here for awhile now and I rarely if ever engage in smack talk. If the 'hawks win I'll congratulate you guys. If the Niners win I'll be humble. Either way I think you need to have a thicker skin because I honestly thought this conversation was over like 3 responses ago. Stop reading more into what I'm saying. Typically anything I mean to say I'll say outright. No need to decode.

I'm afraid my 49er-fan decoder unit just went on the fritz. Wouldn't cha know it? But, come to find out... I didn't really need that thing because you're soooo humble. (And I thought you were choking on your words this whole time.) Wow... 49er fans are really swell. You can rest easy now, Clarence. I'm a changed man. Saddle sores from riding so high, but I guess they'll serve to remind me of you setting me straight. What a day. :mrgreen: WHAT A DAY!

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":38tb1vk3 said:
Marvin49":38tb1vk3 said:

Not even. I expect every game against the Niners to be pretty tight. Do you feel that Harbafreak "owns" Carroll because the Niners beat a Tavaris Jackson led Seahawks team in two close games?

Or that the 4 game win streak the Niners had with 3 of them at the Stick holds any water?

Me neither, but loads of Niner fans claimed it was some level of superiority over the Hawks. Carroll has split with the Niners two out of three seasons he has coached, losing a VERY close game at the Clink with TJack starting. Yet, Harbafreak "owns" Carroll.

Nah...I just said that because I was prevoked. :D

These two teams are really evenly matched. Should be fun for several years.

BTW..Harbaugh also owned Carroll in college. Has no bearing on what happens now...just sayin' it wasn't just the 3 NFL meetings.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1c9t6e6r said:
Marvin49":1c9t6e6r said:
TeamoftheCentury":1c9t6e6r said:

um...

I'm afraid my 49er-fan decoder unit just went on the fritz. Wouldn't cha know it? But, come to find out... I didn't really need that thing because you're soooo humble. (And I thought you were choking on your words this whole time.) Wow... 49er fans are really swell. You can rest easy now, Clarence. I'm a changed man. Saddle sores from riding so high, but I guess they'll serve to remind me of you setting me straight. What a day. :mrgreen: WHAT A DAY!

Glad I could help.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":298j5d6o said:
KCHawkGirl":298j5d6o said:

Hostile much?

1) I'd argue the "regressed" statement.

2) I think either team could win that game. Its a tough spot to go to Seattle, no doubt, but that hasn't stopped the 49ers from going up there and winning in the past.Is this Seattle team better than those teams? Of course...but so is this SF team.

3) Of course any given Sunday goes both ways. LOL. Thats the whole point of the saying. LOL. If you think I'm trying to make excuses should the Niners lose....then I think you are trying WAY to hard to find hidden meaning in what I'm saying. Anything can happen on any given sunday. Its simply the way it is. What happens if Vernon doesn't get hurt. What happens if Justion plays. WHat happens if the Akers kick isn't plocked and returned for a TD. Conversely, what happens if Browner plays. Thats the entire point. IMO the 'hawks are NOT consistently 30 points better than SF. They are actually very evenly matched. If you are expecting consistant beatdowns in every game in Seattle, I suspect you're going to be disappointed.

4) As far as Nationally Televised games....with the exception of that SF-Seattle game, the Niners are the exact same way.
Not hostile I just see what you say at Webzone. Also I'm not specifically talking about Seahawk/49er matchups those will be close. I am taking about the fact we have the best winning percentage in MNF and sure aren't bad at SNF.

formido

Reaction score
Marvin49":3esssy99 said:
loafoftatupu":3esssy99 said:
Marvin49":3esssy99 said:

Nah...I just said that because I was prevoked. :D

These two teams are really evenly matched. Should be fun for several years.

BTW..Harbaugh also owned Carroll in college. Has no bearing on what happens now...just sayin' it wasn't just the 3 NFL meetings.

Right. On the other hand 42-13 *does* have a bearing on what happens now. The more recent the results the more predictive of future outcomes. Nate Silver, the now-famous election forecaster from the New York Times blog 538, has a great book that goes into depth about this sort of thing.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Signal-Noise- ... 159420411X

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Marvin49":2d7u6c4u said:

Nope. If the Hawks play this season like the way they ended last, there will be another beat down. Now go do yourself a favor and GET OFF our board, Troll. :49ersmall:

:141847_bnono: