Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Seahawks @Houston Roadtrippin'
Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:58 am

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:38 am
  • Booked. CALIHAWK1 plus one at the Crowne.

Can one of the Mods maybe sticky this thread?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 pm
  • Just a heads up from NOW until Thursday at Midnight (so probably 9 PST).. Southwest is running a great deal on Fall flights. Would be a good time to book if you're headed to H-town or Indy. Or anywhere really
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:46 pm
  • Also I found Frontier flights rather reasonable compared to other airlines.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:56 pm
  • Yes, Frontier has some good deals right now also.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:27 pm
  • I am open for the price range for the seats...$150-$200 is budgetable. The main thing for me is hanging wit `cha`all.
    Master Chief, I leave for SeaTac Saturday morning. If you need a ride to the airport from Arlington and a return, I am happy to offer if our schedules align. Leaving Saturday before noon, departing Sunday about 5.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:02 pm
  • Ok I am booked.

Arrive Houston Thursday eve.

Staying at quality inn/reliant

Fly out early Mon morning.

This trip has now officially become official.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:54 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    This trip has now officially become official.

"Like a referee with a whistle."

Magic Don Juan
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:05 pm
  • I'm like 95% in, trying to get a couple local buddies talked into it, but if I have to ride alone so be it.
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 am
  • Game Ticket Update. Our friend from the North, .NET member 'Tommy Mack' and some of his friends in Vancouver have connections through a ticket broker they use. He has contacted them on our behalf and informed me that while we cannot get a group of tickets as large as our group (20+) together, he can obtain tickets for us in multiple groups of four in one or two adjacent sections. Ticket pricing starting at $78. I replied that, based on feedback I have received, people would. Be willing to spend up to $150 range for decent seats/decent value. As more information comes in, I will bring it here for discussion and brainstorming.

Also here is a link to a Carolina trip his group is putting together, if that interests anybody.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69173
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:07 pm
  • I'm officially in. Booked my plane tickets for back to back Houston-Indianapolis games. Let's do this.

BFS, If I could get in on a group of 4 or so with some others for $78 for a ticket, I'd be down. Houston doesn't strike me as a San Fran sort of place where sitting up high is going to suck enough to negate any price savings. At this point, I'm looking for the cheapest ticket I can get. If any others are in the same boat, speak up so we can go in on a group of tix.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:10 pm
  • I'm bringing my daugher and a nanny/sitter. In case anyone's bringing a kid. I WONT be bringing her to the game itself, but all else, yup.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 pm
  • Copy that, Jordan.

I am thinking if we could get 2 price options ($78 & $140-$150) then individuals can determine which seats they would prefer and our guy can get us tickets in blocks of four in each of those two price ranges/sections.

We will stay on top of it and get it figured out with time. Will be fun!

AGAIN GUYS-----we are starting to talk game tickets and prices so the sooner you can finalize with number of game attendees the better for planning purposes.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:17 pm
  • I'm down the road in SA and nobody bothered to point out to me that this was a thing? Jeez, no love. Regardless, gonna look into some options, here.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:57 am
  • TravTex wrote:I'm down the road in SA and nobody bothered to point out to me that this was a thing? Jeez, no love. Regardless, gonna look into some options, here.

Pretty sure I did-in the form of this thread.

Join the party, man. We can swap apnea tales.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:48 am
  • Can someone provide me some logistics on game finish and catching a flight. I am looking at Frontier airlines and the flight leaves at 6:50 pm. I see the trip from the stadium to the airport will be 30 to 45 mins. I will have to be at the counter at least 1hr and 15 mins prior to departure. I am planning to bring my son who is little, so can I finish the game and take this flight? My son will also be with me for the game. (long story, negotiating with wife) I hate to leave early from the game. If someone can respond to this, I can book my tickets and confirm accordingly.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:56 am
  • TravTex wrote:I'm down the road in SA and nobody bothered to point out to me that this was a thing? Jeez, no love. Regardless, gonna look into some options, here.

:les:

This thread has been bouncing around the main page for almost a month. Where have you been??

Lol
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:45 am
  • seahawks08 wrote:Can someone provide me some logistics on game finish and catching a flight. I am looking at Frontier airlines and the flight leaves at 6:50 pm. I see the trip from the stadium to the airport will be 30 to 45 mins. I will have to be at the counter at least 1hr and 15 mins prior to departure. I am planning to bring my son who is little, so can I finish the game and take this flight? My son will also be with me for the game. (long story, negotiating with wife) I hate to leave early from the game. If someone can respond to this, I can book my tickets and confirm accordingly.

Don't take this as definitive, but I travel likely as frequently as anyone here, and, based on what you have described would not worry about it in the least. Assume the game ends between 3& 3:30. Assume out of the stadium by 4. Assume on your way to airport by 4:30. Assume arrival at airport by 5:30. No sweat.

The only thing I would think is a variable would be game day traffic between stadium and airport. Ask a local.

Paging HoustonHawk.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:10 am
  • I see, I am a little confused on the game time, is it 1:00 pm Eastern time, so it will be 12 pm local time Houston (CT), correct. I was of the impression it starts at 1:00. If its 12:00, I am not worried and book by tickets right away.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:18 am
  • Oh, I'm aware I'm blaming you guys for my not paying attention. :D

Looking at ticket prices compared to when fall tuition is due... I might have to take the option of getting a parking ticket and listening to the game on the radio, heh.

Hell, I'll have my car -- Might have to briefly set up the Trav Flatt Seattle Shuttle Service company.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:24 am
  • seahawks08 wrote:I see, I am a little confused on the game time, is it 1:00 pm Eastern time, so it will be 12 pm local time Houston (CT), correct. I was of the impression it starts at 1:00. If its 12:00, I am not worried and book by tickets right away.

Correct. Houston is in the same time zone as Minneapolis (where I live) and games in this time zone begin at either NOON/12pm and 3 or 3:15pm.

Because it is the early game, kickoff will be at noon.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:Yep. I'm gonna stay on y'all.

Here is the roster of those who have pledgedpromisedthreatened to attend:

Seahawks@Houston Roster

Myself (CONFIRMED)
    Dom ("This trip has now officially become official")
    MysterMatt (DiEFINITE maybe)
    Seatown81(CONFIRMED)
    FlyingGreg([color=#0000FF]CONFIRMEDQualityInn/ReliantPark)
    RockHawk (The Boss Is CONFIRMED)
    Hawkadeus (c'mon, you phonyass prelag who conned all the mods)
    Aros (hot air alert)
    HoustonHawk(CONFIRMED. Dude lives there. De Facto "host")
    NYCoug+2 (CONFIRMED)
    Hasselbeck (IN........but not sure who he wants to sit with...)
    Barthawk (CONFIRMED. Hotel Procured:CrownePlaza next2Reliant)
    Ludwig's Drummer (CONFIRMED Hotel Crowne Plaza)
    rjdriver (CONFIRMED)
    pehawk (CONFIRMED)
    tooshort
    StonedCold
    No Chops(CONFIRMED driving from Dallas)
    Recon_Hawk(CONFIRMED)
    CALIHAWK1+1 (CONFIRMED)
    RobBaker7714409
    YaktownHawk(BRINGING THE BEEF)
    As I am in negotiations with a couple sources for game tickets and am researching a couple others, it would be nice to know if I am missing anyone (or any +1s) from the list above.

Also, if you find your handle on the list above and know damn well you are full of hot air and don't really plan to attend when the talons meet the road, (Aros, RockHawk-im looking at you) (RockHawk, im not looking at you anymore. Aros, still looking at you!) please do us all a favor and withdraw your name now.

Second to lastly, have ANY of you from Seattle purchased airfare yet? And, lastly, why not?

Expedia currently quotes me $358 round trip from seattle to houston for that weekend, which seems reasonable to me although I have not paid for an airline ticket in 8 years.

I can't believe how gleefully anticipatory I feel about this forthcoming season.

Go Seahawks!

For airfare I went to Kayak which gave me the option to buy directly from Frontier. They were cheaper at that time than expedia. My total was about $600 total w/ tax etc.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:44 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    seahawks08 wrote:Can someone provide me some logistics on game finish and catching a flight. I am looking at Frontier airlines and the flight leaves at 6:50 pm. I see the trip from the stadium to the airport will be 30 to 45 mins. I will have to be at the counter at least 1hr and 15 mins prior to departure. I am planning to bring my son who is little, so can I finish the game and take this flight? My son will also be with me for the game. (long story, negotiating with wife) I hate to leave early from the game. If someone can respond to this, I can book my tickets and confirm accordingly.

Don't take this as definitive, but I travel likely as frequently as anyone here, and, based on what you have described would not worry about it in the least. Assume the game ends between 3& 3:30. Assume out of the stadium by 4. Assume on your way to airport by 4:30. Assume arrival at airport by 5:30. No sweat.

The only thing I would think is a variable would be game day traffic between stadium and airport. Ask a local.

Paging HoustonHawk.

If you are flying in and out at Bush Intercontinental, it's on the opposite side of town and about an hour away with traffic. The 610 loop is a parking lot after the game so the Sam Houston Tollway (beltway-8 ) is the way to go. Tolls will be about $5.00 from stadium to airport.

If it were me, I would not set a departure any earlier than 7:00pm from Bush, and 6:00pm from Hobby.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:30 am
  • I was the Bush Intercontenental belt-holder/Champion for a few years. Wonder if that gets me a free upgrade?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:52 pm
  • OK BFS, I am IN. I just booked flight and hotel so I am committed. We're flying in on Sat. and staying close by at the Crown Plaza. Please put me down for 2 tickets. I'll get the money to you however you want when it comes time to settle up. Thanks.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:07 pm
  • Mandu wrote:OK BFS, I am IN. I just booked flight and hotel so I am committed. We're flying in on Sat. and staying close by at the Crown Plaza. Please put me down for 2 tickets. I'll get the money to you however you want when it comes time to settle up. Thanks.

Where the HELL did this guy come from??

EXCELLENT!!

Mandu+1 it is!!

Working to your advantage is the fact that you have kept a low enough profile and post count here, that you haven't made any enemies yet. Keep up the good work and I look forward to meeting you in Houston.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:28 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    Mandu wrote:OK BFS, I am IN. I just booked flight and hotel so I am committed. We're flying in on Sat. and staying close by at the Crown Plaza. Please put me down for 2 tickets. I'll get the money to you however you want when it comes time to settle up. Thanks.

Where the HELL did this guy come from??

EXCELLENT!!

Mandu+1 it is!!

Working to your advantage is the fact that you have kept a low enough profile and post count here, that you haven't made any enemies yet. Keep up the good work and I look forward to meeting you in Houston.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:53 pm
  • No one has enemy's here. If they seriously think they do, they need to get over themselves.

Please...
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:17 pm
  • pehawk wrote:No one has enemy's here. If they seriously think they do, they need to get over themselves.

Please...

enemies, dummy.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:17 pm
  • What about enemas?
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:23 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:What about enemas?

Forgive Pe. He's had a bad ass experience.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:31 pm
  • Scratch that, now all of you are my enemies. None of you will get to hit on the nanny now, sorry, I hate all of you. She's 19 and dumb too.

I hate all of you.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:40 pm
  • Can we still feed her Jager bombs when you are not looking?
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:48 pm
  • You guys go to the game and i'll babysit the babysitter.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:48 pm
  • as of today i was told that i need to leave the month to month rental I've had since 2002 (a mile away from our homefield advantage).

Funny thing :mrgreen: :pukeface: is... I put in an offer on a bank owned home only three days ago...so i'm now looking at first:last and deposit for a temp rental (before/if i even close) and 20.000+ down.... son of a (still hoping to go ta houston) beeyatch!!
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 pm
  • tooshort wrote:as of today i was told that i need to leave the month to month rental I've had since 2002 (a mile away from our homefield advantage).

Funny thing :mrgreen: :pukeface: is... I put in an offer on a bank owned home only three days ago...so i'm now looking at first:last and deposit for a temp rental (before/if i even close) and 20.000+ down.... son of a (still hoping to go ta houston) beeyatch!!

Well, thanks for the update.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:05 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    tooshort wrote:as of today i was told that i need to leave the month to month rental I've had since 2002 (a mile away from our homefield advantage).

Well, thanks for the update.

You Sir, are way too well informed...and i hope to meet ya soon
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:14 pm
  • Yo!

For those of you traveling to Texas for the game make sure you tell your credit card company that you are going. Texas is a state that is so full of fraud that my bank won't allow my card to be used down there unless I notify them of the dates I'll be there.

I wanna make sure you guys have the funds to buy Leif and I a beer with your cards.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Yo!

For those of you traveling to Texas for the game make sure you tell your credit card company that you are going. Texas is a state that is so full of fraud that my bank won't allow my card to be used down there unless I notify them of the dates I'll be there.

I wanna make sure you guys have the funds to buy Leif and I a beer with your cards.

I thought Leif was buying since he organized it?
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:27 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Yo!

Let me be the first to say.....

INCORRECT
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:38 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Yo!

Great point. Especially Houston. No joke here, true bill.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:48 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Yo!

Let me be the first to say.....

INCORRECT

So my plan to tell the bartenders "the big fella with the crazy beard is buying" is a sinking ship?
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:56 pm
  • What you do is steal someone's hotel key every so often, then hand it to a fattie waitress and tell them to come up at like 2 AM. It's a must really.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:06 pm
  • UPDATE ON TICKETS.

The guy who was going to facilitate a group purchase for us is not comfortable with the number of folks/tickets involved and is unlikely to go through with the arrangement we discussed earlier.

It isn't surprising, really. It's rather understandable. We have gathered a size able group here and without one individual willing to front payment for 20-40 tickets, it would be a real pain in the ass.

So for us it's back to the drawing board....I've all but given up on the Texans ticket office providing us any assistance. I will call the Seahawks office and see if they can suggest anything.

I'm assuming in a month or so, if nothing else, we can all just hop on stubhub and grab tickets individually in specifically targeted areas/sections. ((For example: stubHub currently has 59 tickets in endzone section 618 ranging in prices starting at $85 with a block of 14 in one row))

Keep your eyes open and any suggestions-bring them here. Also, if anybody just wises up and goes off the res and grabs tickets let us know where.
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:05 pm
  • If I wanted bad news I'd go home.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:07 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:If I wanted bad news I'd go home.

Look on the bright side-now you don't have to.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:40 pm
  • Possible very good news forthcoming. I will probably start a new thread for game tickets and request that the mods sticky it as this is going to take some work on my behalf to organize the interest and facilitate the payment for all of this.

Essentially:

I spoke with a Texans ticket rep who said for a group our size (20-40) he can get us a block of tickets together in the 600 level between the 40yardlines.

The price would be $211 per ticket (may include service fees-I have to clarify)

And includes game ticket and our own reserved table in a hospitality room called the Churrascos Club which has:

Our single game hospitality includes your ticket to the game and access to the Churrascos Club:
    · Beer, wine, liquor, mimosas, and Coca-Cola products (open bar)
    · A pre-game unlimited buffet of delectable choices catered by Churrascos Restaurant
    · Meet and greet of the Houston Texans Cheerleaders and NFL Alumni
    · Complimentary Game day programs

How many of you would be interested in this??

I need to gauge interest in this. It's either going to be this or every man for himself, I think.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:48 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Possible very good news forthcoming. I will probably start a new thread for game tickets and request that the mods sticky it as this is going to take some work on my behalf to organize the interest and facilitate the payment for all of this.

Essentially:

I spoke with a Texans ticket rep who said for a group our size (20-40) he can get us a block of tickets together in the 600 level between the 40yardlines.

The price would be $211 per ticket (may include service fees-I have to clarify)

And includes game ticket and our own reserved table in a hospitality room called the Churrascos Club which has:

Our single game hospitality includes your ticket to the game and access to the Churrascos Club:
    · Beer, wine, liquor, mimosas, and Coca-Cola products (open bar)
    · A pre-game unlimited buffet of delectable choices catered by Churrascos Restaurant
    · Meet and greet of the Houston Texans Cheerleaders and NFL Alumni
    · Complimentary Game day programs

How many of you would be interested in this??

I need to gauge interest in this. It's either going to be this or every man for himself, I think.

FYI: Churrascos is an awesome Mexican restaurant with multiple locations in the area. Great TexMex food.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:07 pm
  • the tickets look a little steep there, since they are in the rafters, but if you are talking all you can eat tex mex and free beer for two hrs. I can make up for it. Id be down for that!
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information