Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I'm officially in. Booked my plane tickets for back to back Houston-Indianapolis games. Let's do this.

BFS, If I could get in on a group of 4 or so with some others for $78 for a ticket, I'd be down. Houston doesn't strike me as a San Fran sort of place where sitting up high is going to suck enough to negate any price savings. At this point, I'm looking for the cheapest ticket I can get. If any others are in the same boat, speak up so we can go in on a group of tix.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm bringing my daugher and a nanny/sitter. In case anyone's bringing a kid. I WONT be bringing her to the game itself, but all else, yup.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Copy that, Jordan.

I am thinking if we could get 2 price options ($78 & $140-$150) then individuals can determine which seats they would prefer and our guy can get us tickets in blocks of four in each of those two price ranges/sections.

We will stay on top of it and get it figured out with time. Will be fun!

AGAIN GUYS-----we are starting to talk game tickets and prices so the sooner you can finalize with number of game attendees the better for planning purposes.

TravTex

Reaction score
I'm down the road in SA and nobody bothered to point out to me that this was a thing? Jeez, no love. Regardless, gonna look into some options, here.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
TravTex":32l1uumm said:
I'm down the road in SA and nobody bothered to point out to me that this was a thing? Jeez, no love. Regardless, gonna look into some options, here.

Pretty sure I did-in the form of this thread.

Join the party, man. We can swap apnea tales.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Can someone provide me some logistics on game finish and catching a flight. I am looking at Frontier airlines and the flight leaves at 6:50 pm. I see the trip from the stadium to the airport will be 30 to 45 mins. I will have to be at the counter at least 1hr and 15 mins prior to departure. I am planning to bring my son who is little, so can I finish the game and take this flight? My son will also be with me for the game. (long story, negotiating with wife) I hate to leave early from the game. If someone can respond to this, I can book my tickets and confirm accordingly.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
TravTex":1gu0m84c said:

:les:

This thread has been bouncing around the main page for almost a month. Where have you been??

Lol

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
seahawks08":3b8hpgvn said:
Can someone provide me some logistics on game finish and catching a flight. I am looking at Frontier airlines and the flight leaves at 6:50 pm. I see the trip from the stadium to the airport will be 30 to 45 mins. I will have to be at the counter at least 1hr and 15 mins prior to departure. I am planning to bring my son who is little, so can I finish the game and take this flight? My son will also be with me for the game. (long story, negotiating with wife) I hate to leave early from the game. If someone can respond to this, I can book my tickets and confirm accordingly.

Don't take this as definitive, but I travel likely as frequently as anyone here, and, based on what you have described would not worry about it in the least. Assume the game ends between 3& 3:30. Assume out of the stadium by 4. Assume on your way to airport by 4:30. Assume arrival at airport by 5:30. No sweat.

The only thing I would think is a variable would be game day traffic between stadium and airport. Ask a local.

Paging HoustonHawk.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I see, I am a little confused on the game time, is it 1:00 pm Eastern time, so it will be 12 pm local time Houston (CT), correct. I was of the impression it starts at 1:00. If its 12:00, I am not worried and book by tickets right away.

TravTex

Reaction score
Oh, I'm aware I'm blaming you guys for my not paying attention. :D

Looking at ticket prices compared to when fall tuition is due... I might have to take the option of getting a parking ticket and listening to the game on the radio, heh.

Hell, I'll have my car -- Might have to briefly set up the Trav Flatt Seattle Shuttle Service company.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
seahawks08":2lw339li said:
I see, I am a little confused on the game time, is it 1:00 pm Eastern time, so it will be 12 pm local time Houston (CT), correct. I was of the impression it starts at 1:00. If its 12:00, I am not worried and book by tickets right away.

Correct. Houston is in the same time zone as Minneapolis (where I live) and games in this time zone begin at either NOON/12pm and 3 or 3:15pm.

Because it is the early game, kickoff will be at noon.

Subzero717

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2bhfvzar said:
Yep. I'm gonna stay on y'all.

Here is the roster of those who have pledgedpromisedthreatened to attend:

Seahawks@Houston Roster

Myself (CONFIRMED)
Dom ("This trip has now officially become official")
MysterMatt (DiEFINITE maybe)
Seatown81(CONFIRMED)
FlyingGreg(CONFIRMEDQualityInn/ReliantPark)
RockHawk (The Boss Is CONFIRMED)
Hawkadeus (c'mon, you phonyass prelag who conned all the mods)
Aros (hot air alert)
HoustonHawk(CONFIRMED. Dude lives there. De Facto "host")
NYCoug+2 (CONFIRMED)
Hasselbeck (IN........but not sure who he wants to sit with...)
Barthawk (CONFIRMED. Hotel Procured:CrownePlaza next2Reliant)
Ludwig's Drummer (CONFIRMED Hotel Crowne Plaza)
rjdriver (CONFIRMED)
pehawk (CONFIRMED)
tooshort
StonedCold
No Chops(CONFIRMED driving from Dallas)
Recon_Hawk(CONFIRMED)
CALIHAWK1+1 (CONFIRMED)
RobBaker7714409
YaktownHawk(BRINGING THE BEEF)
As I am in negotiations with a couple sources for game tickets and am researching a couple others, it would be nice to know if I am missing anyone (or any +1s) from the list above.

Also, if you find your handle on the list above and know damn well you are full of hot air and don't really plan to attend when the talons meet the road, (Aros, RockHawk-im looking at you) (RockHawk, im not looking at you anymore. Aros, still looking at you!) please do us all a favor and withdraw your name now.

Second to lastly, have ANY of you from Seattle purchased airfare yet? And, lastly, why not?

Expedia currently quotes me $358 round trip from seattle to houston for that weekend, which seems reasonable to me although I have not paid for an airline ticket in 8 years.

I can't believe how gleefully anticipatory I feel about this forthcoming season.

Go Seahawks!

For airfare I went to Kayak which gave me the option to buy directly from Frontier. They were cheaper at that time than expedia. My total was about $600 total w/ tax etc.

A

Anonymous

bestfightstory":2upomeek said:
seahawks08":2upomeek said:

Don't take this as definitive, but I travel likely as frequently as anyone here, and, based on what you have described would not worry about it in the least. Assume the game ends between 3& 3:30. Assume out of the stadium by 4. Assume on your way to airport by 4:30. Assume arrival at airport by 5:30. No sweat.

The only thing I would think is a variable would be game day traffic between stadium and airport. Ask a local.

Paging HoustonHawk.

If you are flying in and out at Bush Intercontinental, it's on the opposite side of town and about an hour away with traffic. The 610 loop is a parking lot after the game so the Sam Houston Tollway (beltway-8 ) is the way to go. Tolls will be about $5.00 from stadium to airport.

If it were me, I would not set a departure any earlier than 7:00pm from Bush, and 6:00pm from Hobby.

pehawk

Reaction score
I was the Bush Intercontenental belt-holder/Champion for a few years. Wonder if that gets me a free upgrade?

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
OK BFS, I am IN. I just booked flight and hotel so I am committed. We're flying in on Sat. and staying close by at the Crown Plaza. Please put me down for 2 tickets. I'll get the money to you however you want when it comes time to settle up. Thanks.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Mandu":2r9win0p said:
OK BFS, I am IN. I just booked flight and hotel so I am committed. We're flying in on Sat. and staying close by at the Crown Plaza. Please put me down for 2 tickets. I'll get the money to you however you want when it comes time to settle up. Thanks.

Where the HELL did this guy come from??

EXCELLENT!!

Mandu+1 it is!!

Working to your advantage is the fact that you have kept a low enough profile and post count here, that you haven't made any enemies yet. Keep up the good work and I look forward to meeting you in Houston.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
bestfightstory":gqf09gvt said:
Mandu":gqf09gvt said:

Where the HELL did this guy come from??

EXCELLENT!!

Mandu+1 it is!!

Working to your advantage is the fact that you have kept a low enough profile and post count here, that you haven't made any enemies yet. Keep up the good work and I look forward to meeting you in Houston.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

pehawk

Reaction score
No one has enemy's here. If they seriously think they do, they need to get over themselves.

Please...

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
pehawk":2oanzpf8 said:
No one has enemy's here. If they seriously think they do, they need to get over themselves.

Please...

enemies, dummy.