Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

CANHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":34wyvafh said:
CANHawk":34wyvafh said:
The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

Papaki":34wyvafh said:
"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :p "

What a fricken douche-nozzle.

Is that....is that Razor Ramon?

See! I KNOW about douche nozzels...

NinerBuff

Reaction score
bleacher report is totally Niner Homer material... this is a meaningless article to fill someones quota...

"Star Power"... that's just stupid. Both guys are good, both guys will be part of the future at QB and there isn't enough evidence to say one way or another yet.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":v533sifi said:
1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.

WTF? You act as if Justin Smith missed a bunch of games, the first game the guy missed in my kid's entire life was the Seahawks game and screw that anyways.. If I hear another Niner go there for an excuse to lose BADLY one more time, that guy is going to be my eternal punching bag on this forum. ForEVER. Cowboy is one player, if the Niners rely on him so much, then they are deep shit this season. After the Hawks game, the Niners had the mighty Cards.. It is OBVIOUS that they lit up the Niners. And GB? Really???? COME ON MAN. They had a pick 6 and then their one trick pony offense was exposed, again. Talk about a gravy 1st playoff game for KaeperTweek.

2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.

GB doesn't even count as a team. That is a Hollywood sideshow trying to do it's best NE imitation. The Niners could have done whatever they wanted in that game. Atlanta.. Please.... When the first half ended, the Niners were already back in the game. Wilson has proven that coming back starting in the second quarter isn't really that big of a deal. Fortunately for the Niners, ATL had to score a TD and not a FG. Doesn't matter, Papaki is still great, he just isn't the leader you believe he is. Leaders don't PaPakernick themselves and post lame Jag pictures, posing with their car. "Look at me everybody! I am Papaki!!"

4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".

Never said you didn't. There are guys who get a little offended for any negative light shining on Wilson, but take that crap back to the SF forums. It goes on there like a rabid plague. HYPOCRITE. :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NinerBuff":1u6jks44 said:
bleacher report is totally Niner Homer material... this is a meaningless article to fill someones quota...

"Star Power"... that's just stupid. Both guys are good, both guys will be part of the future at QB and there isn't enough evidence to say one way or another yet.

:13:

SE174

Reaction score
NinerLifer":21dd9ofr said:
Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.

So what's that say about Kaepernick when Harbaugh can make garbage QBs look good? ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
CANHawk":15wtwj6m said:

Papaki":15wtwj6m said:
"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :p "

If you say so.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Marvin49":i09gzgab said:
CANHawk":i09gzgab said:

Papaki":i09gzgab said:

If you say so.

See! I knew it.

He probably gave that interview while posing in front of his Jag with his turtle in his wife-beater. Douche.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1lcsahh2 said:
Marvin49":1lcsahh2 said:
1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.

WTF? You act as if Justin Smith missed a bunch of games, the first game the guy missed in my kid's entire life was the Seahawks game and screw that anyways.. If I hear another Niner go there for an excuse to lose BADLY one more time, that guy is going to be my eternal punching bag on this forum. ForEVER. Cowboy is one player, if the Niners rely on him so much, then they are deep shit this season. After the Hawks game, the Niners had the mighty Cards.. It is OBVIOUS that they lit up the Niners. And GB? Really???? COME ON MAN. They had a pick 6 and then their one trick pony offense was exposed, again. Talk about a gravy 1st playoff game for KaeperTweek.

2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.

GB doesn't even count as a team. That is a Hollywood sideshow trying to do it's best NE imitation. The Niners could have done whatever they wanted in that game. Atlanta.. Please.... When the first half ended, the Niners were already back in the game. Wilson has proven that coming back starting in the second quarter isn't really that big of a deal. Fortunately for the Niners, ATL had to score a TD and not a FG. Doesn't matter, Papaki is still great, he just isn't the leader you believe he is. Leaders don't PaPakernick themselves and post lame Jag pictures, posing with their car. "Look at me everybody! I am Papaki!!"

4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".

Never said you didn't. There are guys who get a little offended for any negative light shining on Wilson, but take that crap back to the SF forums. It goes on there like a rabid plague. HYPOCRITE. :)

1) Justin missed 3 games, but he was hurt at the beginning of the second half in NE. When he came back he wasn't the same guy and had surgery only a few days after the season ended to repair a torn tricep. He wasn't in the game in Seattle and RJF was completely useless. Just watch the first TD by Lynch and see what happens to RJF.

2) LOL....somehow if Wilson had put up that statline I don't think you'd be saying GB was nothing. I was never trying to sell them as the best D ever...just making teh point that Kaep had alot to do with the win. BTW...people forget this...but the score was 24-24 in the third quarter. It wasn't like the game wasn't contested. It only got out of hand late. I don't care when the comeback started, down 17 points and winning is still the largest comeback in NFC Championship history. Never happened before. Seattle SHOULD have beaten Atlanta tho...on that I'll agree.

As for the car thing....just another example of running wild with something that isn't even a big deal. The picture was from Jaguar. It's an endorsement. It was the first new car he'd had since High school and was ASKED to "Kaepernick" for the ad. That doesn't matter to you guys tho because in 'hawkworld its any excuse to hate Colin Kaepernick. Don't let facts get in the way....hate must be justified.

How the hell do you have any idea what kind of leader he is? His teammates seem to disagree with you. So do his coaches. I guess you just know more than they do.

4) Hypocrite....LOL. I was responding TO YOU. WTF? lol.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SE174":1myzvryo said:
NinerLifer":1myzvryo said:
Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.

So what's that say about Kaepernick when Harbaugh can make garbage QBs look good? ;)

There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that Harbaugh has had a huge hand in making Kaepernick what he is today. The same can be said for Andrew Luck.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":rlz6e63u said:
NinerBuff":rlz6e63u said:

:13:

Totally Agree.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Marvin49":1stvsueq said:
To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.
Nah, the 49ers got caught with their pants down with the big lead when the Patriots just started slinging it. I attribute that more to momentum shift than the Patriots exposing the SF Defense. Nothing against the Patriots because every Seahawks fan was rooting for them that night. But, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks were the team that truly exposed how to beat the 49ers from the start of the game through the finish. They were built to do so. The Patriots were not. They just played with nothing to lose because all seemed lost for them that night. I would also attribute that to Brady being Brady. Tough to stop that guy when he gets going. When SF was down big... they still couldn't do anything against the Seattle Defense, though they tried. That was the complete game recipe for how to beat the 49ers by a team that is most capable of doing so with a total team effort.

Go Hawks!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3s9l81po said:
loafoftatupu":3s9l81po said:

1) Justin missed 3 games, but he was hurt at the beginning of the second half in NE. When he came back he wasn't the same guy and had surgery only a few days after the season ended to repair a torn tricep. He wasn't in the game in Seattle and RJF was completely useless. Just watch the first TD by Lynch and see what happens to RJF.

2) LOL....somehow if Wilson had put up that statline I don't think you'd be saying GB was nothing. I was never trying to sell them as the best D ever...just making teh point that Kaep had alot to do with the win. BTW...people forget this...but the score was 24-24 in the third quarter. It wasn't like the game wasn't contested. It only got out of hand late. I don't care when the comeback started, down 17 points and winning is still the largest comeback in NFC Championship history. Never happened before. Seattle SHOULD have beaten Atlanta tho...on that I'll agree.

As for the car thing....just another example of running wild with something that isn't even a big deal. The picture was from Jaguar. It's an endorsement. It was the first new car he'd had since High school and was ASKED to "Kaepernick" for the ad. That doesn't matter to you guys tho because in 'hawkworld its any excuse to hate Colin Kaepernick. Don't let facts get in the way....hate must be justified.

How the hell do you have any idea what kind of leader he is? His teammates seem to disagree with you. So do his coaches. I guess you just know more than they do.

4) Hypocrite....LOL. I was responding TO YOU. WTF? lol.

Its HYPOCRITE dammit

Marvin49

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2242kg4a said:
Marvin49":2242kg4a said:
To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.
Nah, the 49ers got caught with their pants down with the big lead when the Patriots just started slinging it. I attribute that more to momentum shift than the Patriots exposing the SF Defense. Nothing against the Patriots because every Seahawks fan was rooting for them that night. But, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks were the team that truly exposed how to beat the 49ers from the start of the game through the finish. They were built to do so. The Patriots were not. They just played with nothing to lose because all seemed lost for them that night. I would also attribute that to Brady being Brady. Tough to stop that guy when he gets going. When SF was down big... they still couldn't do anything against the Seattle Defense, though they tried. That was the complete game recipe for how to beat the 49ers by a team that is most capable of doing so with a total team effort.

Go Hawks!

Wow. :shock:

Really? OK...I guess thats ONE way to look at it. A bit self aggrandizing IMO, but whatevers clever.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Papaki is the man. Best thing to happen to the wretched SF fan base in a long time, I don't really give a pump about what any writer puts together as some argument for a QB either. I do think that if the Hawks and Niners traded QBs, that SF would have won the Super Bowl and that the Hawks might be game under where they ended. That is simply because I think Wilson was the coolest customer on the field in a few games that Papaki might not have been. Maybe..

Dude impressed the hell out of me in his first start, he looked perfect. In fact to me, it was his most efficient outing. That's just my opinion though. But I really don't care how good he is, as long as the Hawks can continue to progress or at least maintain the level of play they enjoyed on offense in the second half of the season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3pz3i380 said:
Papaki is the man. Best thing to happen to the wretched SF fan base in a long time, I don't really give a pump about what any writer puts together as some argument for a QB either. I do think that if the Hawks and Niners traded QBs, that SF would have won the Super Bowl and that the Hawks might be game under where they ended. That is simply because I think Wilson was the coolest customer on the field in a few games that Papaki might not have been. Maybe..

Dude impressed the hell out of me in his first start, he looked perfect. In fact to me, it was his most efficient outing. That's just my opinion though. But I really don't care how good he is, as long as the Hawks can continue to progress or at least maintain the level of play they enjoyed on offense in the second half of the season.

Thats fair.

I dunno who will be better, but I think its certainly fair to say that Wilson is more polished as an NFL QB right now. He wasn't as raw coming out to begin with and he's gotten very good coaching.

OP
OP
BobinLaConner

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
All said, they are both young QBs that look really good out of the starting gate. I think my original post was my gut reflex to reading the B/R "article" that was ridiculous from my Seahawk (as objective as I can be - "homer") point of view. It just didn't seem like a fair and impartial sports writer type comparison. At the least, the leadership should have been undeniable towards Russ. But seeing how the author is a 49er fan, I guess I can understand the 49 homer-ism slant. Each time I read B/R, I respect it less and in this instance I don't agree with his scoring, but I understand why it is skewed now.
Both are QBs that are impressing lots of people...I'm not denying Kaep is a good quarterback, I'm just more impressed with Russell's complete game and his intelligence (and I don't factor in "Star-Power").

NinerBuff

Reaction score
bobincovington":e7ykml0s said:
All said, they are both young QBs that look really good out of the starting gate. I think my original post was my gut reflex to reading the B/R "article" that was ridiculous from my Seahawk (as objective as I can be - "homer") point of view. It just didn't seem like a fair and impartial sports writer type comparison. At the least, the leadership should have been undeniable towards Russ. But seeing how the author is a 49er fan, I guess I can understand the 49 homer-ism slant. Each time I read B/R, I respect it less and in this instance I don't agree with his scoring, but I understand why it is skewed now.
Both are QBs that are impressing lots of people...I'm not denying Kaep is a good quarterback, I'm just more impressed with Russell's complete game and his intelligence (and I don't factor in "Star-Power").

If you're looking for some anti-49ers articles... look no further than Pete Prisco of CBS.com. Some 49er back in the day must have peed in his cereal or something :|

Hawks46

Reaction score
I look at it this way: the Niners barely edged us for the division, then they went to the SB. Not only did they beat two teams, but they fell behind to the team we did, by damn near as much, and came back to win that game in dominant fashion. They deserve every accolade they get.

If I was a die hard Niners fan (well, I'd shoot myself in the head..) I'd be pissed at all the love the Seahawks are getting, and all the people picking the Hawks to win the division.

I don't remember the last time we've gotten this much attention, but it's past time for people to be picking every article that doesn't worship our players and eviscerate it.