If given the option

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Would you rather attend:

A). The Mayweather fight on Sat Sept 14th in Las Vegas and fly to Seattle the next morning to attend Sunday Night Football Seahawks vs Niners.

Or

B). The Sunday Night Football Seahawks vs Niners and then fly next morning to Cincinatti for their home opener Monday Night Football vs SteAlers.

......Just curious......

heyu123

Reaction score
Yeah, A definitely. Why do I care about the steelers? Mayweather vs Alvarez is much more interesting.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Definatly A. The adrenaline and electricity of a big fight is every bit as intense as a home Seahawks game.

If that's not enough simply Vegas vs Cincinatti as a location should answer the question by itself.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I go to Vegas all the time. In addition, the Seahawks game after a Friday Saturday in Vegas, a Mayweather fight and then a flight to Seattle is a HELL of a lot to endure. Even for me.

Have always wanted to attend back to back NFL games on consecutive days cross-country. Always thought wild card or divisional round would be perfect.

But to go to ANY NFL stadiums home opener is a rush. Add to it that cincy's situation is very very similar to ours. PrimeTime home opener on 2nd week vs hated hated rival that they are trying to wrest the division from?? Add in the fact that I would go in my lime green Seahawks jersey and get down very very close (tickets are NOT as pricy as they should be) and I would LOVE to be in a stadium full of people who HATE THE STEALERS as much as I do...

Dunno. Pretty close call to me.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Not to mention a likely large ML parlay on Seattle and Cincy to win.....

If I go to the fight I'm betting against Mayweather or not at all.

Reaction score
So why are you asking us if you're already mostly decided (it sounds like)? If it was me...option B. Any football is generally pretty good, but I also could give a rats ass about boxing - just never followed it.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":1wkyz8nf said:
So why are you asking us if you're already mostly decided (it sounds like)? If it was me...option B. Any football is generally pretty good, but I also could give a rats ass about boxing - just never followed it.

I haven't decided anything. I want other opinions and the first several I got were for option A, so I fleshed out my perspective on option B a little better.

Am really undecided and figure it would be very interesting to hear other fans' viewpoints which might sway me.

I have never even been to a boxing match. So there is that appeal.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
bestfightstory":tez5ll8e said:
MissoulaHawkFan":tez5ll8e said:

I haven't decided anything. I want other opinions and the first several I got were for option A, so I fleshed out my perspective on option B a little better.

Am really undecided and figure it would be very interesting to hear other fans' viewpoints which might sway me.

I have never even been to a boxing match. So there is that appeal.

I would think that Bengals/Steelers no matter how good it is would be a let down after Seattle/49ers. Especially when your emotional attachment is in the first game.

And if you've never been to a boxing match that pretty much solidifies A as the best choice, imo. It's really a one of a kind energy.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would take option B. Bengals are a fast rising team with an expectation to contend for the division title. Should be a pretty amped up crowd. If I was still a big fight fan, I might consider option A but if it doesn't stand up to the hype, the undercard better be worth it.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2wt0o39r said:
B cuz you can scout the Bengals since they are good enough that they may be our Hawks' SB opponent in Feb. :mrgreen:

Last year my preseason Super Bowl pic was Seattle vs Houston (kearly can verify )
This year I am saying Seattle v Houston OR Seattle v Cincy, although Denver is the odds on favorite.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Option A without a doubt although I do understand your reason to lean towards option B.

Have you ever seen Mayweather fight live? That would tilt my decision.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":dd0r5de2 said:
Option A without a doubt although I do understand your reason to lean towards option B.

No. Growing up my favorite era of boxers was leonard hagler hearns duran with the hitman being my favorite of the four...I haven't even watched boxing since ?Tyson? And have never attended the spectacle of a live fight.

Subzero717

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3trp2v9j said:
CALIHAWK1":3trp2v9j said:

No. Growing up my favorite era of boxers was leonard hagler hearns duran with the hitman being my favorite of the four...I haven't even watched boxing since ?Tyson? And have never attended the spectacle of a live fight.

Option A then for sure. Television does no justice to the hand speed of a live fight. I saw Chad Dawson fight live and it was incredible. That plus the fact the Mayweather has a handful of fights left and IMO the greatest boxer of this era.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3j5jx4o9 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3j5jx4o9 said:
B cuz you can scout the Bengals since they are good enough that they may be our Hawks' SB opponent in Feb. :mrgreen:

Last year my preseason Super Bowl pic was Seattle vs Houston (kearly can verify )
This year I am saying Seattle v Houston OR Seattle v Cincy, although Denver is the odds on favorite.
Manning will throw a very ill-timed pick v. Cincy in the AFC championship game giving the Bungals the SB berth. Afterwards everyone will ask Mr. Ed why he signed a dome QB for a cold weather stadium and he'll blather on about how Peyton's a HOFer, etc. while inside he'll be wanting to say "It was the only scenario available to get rid of Teblow and not get crucified by the Donkey fans".

:D

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1063cqis said:
bestfightstory":1063cqis said:
hawksfansinceday1":1063cqis said:

Manning will throw a very ill-timed pick v. Cincy in the AFC championship game giving the Bungals the SB berth. Afterwards everyone will ask Mr. Ed why he signed a dome QB for a cold weather stadium and he'll blather on about how Peyton's a HOFer, etc. while inside he'll be wanting to say "It was the only scenario available to get rid of Teblow and not get crucified by the Donkey fans".

:D

Manning threw those in domes. Other than that spot on. .

LargentFan

Reaction score
Boxing is boring. Make option A a big MMA fight and I'm in, otherwise, give me option B.